Windows 10: Need Help: How to Get Windows 10 Home for Surface Pro (2017)

Discus and support Need Help: How to Get Windows 10 Home for Surface Pro (2017) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, first time in this community.In my ignorance, i straight up downloaded Windows 10 from MS's website. After installing, I noticed that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dostoevskyist, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Need Help: How to Get Windows 10 Home for Surface Pro (2017)

Hey guys, first time in this community.In my ignorance, i straight up downloaded Windows 10 from MS's website. After installing, I noticed that the unit's Windows Hello could no longer be set up. Of course, the install file did not include the surface drivers, and when i tried installing the drivers package from MS's website, the problem was not solved. I am conjecturing that the drivers problem also exists in the features that I am not really using.So I wanted to isntall the factory setting recovery file through USB. However, I am unable to troubleshoot and use the USB drive to start the reset process.Upon checking my Microsoft account online, it says my existing Surface has Windows 10 Enterprise installed in it; so i assume the reason some features in my Surface could network is because I am supposed to have the Windows 10 Home. So the "free" Windows 10 is actually Enterprise. When i googled "Windows 10 Home", it would cost $200. That doesn't sound reasonable for Surface owners.

Any insight would be highly appreciated! Thank you!

submitted by /u/dostoevskyist
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dostoevskyist, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Need Help: How to Get Windows 10 Home for Surface Pro (2017)

New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Updates - Sept. 14th 2017

Source: Surface Pro 4 update history - Microsoft Support

Brink, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Need Help: How to Get Windows 10 Home for Surface Pro (2017)

1. Need Help: How to Get Windows 10 Home for Surface Pro (2017) - Similar Threads - Need Help Home

2. Windows 11 on Surface Pro 2017 5?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on Surface Pro 2017 5?: I know that the 7th gen core i5 CPU in my Surface Pro 2017 advanced LTE initially wasn't planned to be supported for Windows 11, but some changes have been made. What is the current status? Can I expect Windows 11 or not? At the moment the PC Health check app still says it...
  3. Windows 11 on Surface Pro 2017 5?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 on Surface Pro 2017 5?: I know that the 7th gen core i5 CPU in my Surface Pro 2017 advanced LTE initially wasn't planned to be supported for Windows 11, but some changes have been made. What is the current status? Can I expect Windows 11 or not? At the moment the PC Health check app still says it...
  4. Surface Pro with Windows 10 Home NEEDS Windows 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro with Windows 10 Home NEEDS Windows 10 PRO: Hi. My boss bought me and a few other employees Surface Pros with Windows 10 HOME. We have Microsoft 365 and need to be able to login with our work emails in order to connect to our work desktops. When setting up, I was unable to use work email so assuming I need to upgrade...
  5. Surface Pro 2017 Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 2017 Bluetooth: Hi, I recently connected my airpods to my 2017 Surface Pro via bluetooth but ever since a couple days after that my bluetooth has seemingly completely vanished. I have tried multiple solutions such as troubleshooting my driver in which I get back the error message, "device...
  6. Surface Pro 2017 - Freezes, then needs reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 2017 - Freezes, then needs reboot: Hello everyone, My Surface has had this problem as long as I've had it. It is a Surface Pro 2017 with 16GB RAM and an i7 CPU. Occasionally, like once in two weeks, it freezes totally and I have to restart it to work. But now, this is happening more often, something like...
  7. Clock on Surface Pro 2017 jumping

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clock on Surface Pro 2017 jumping: Dear Sir, I just bought the Surface Pro 2017, during using it, I observed the clock is jumping (some before and some after the real day and time). I go to the Bios and see the time in the BIOS jumping a lot and the second did not count properly: some time jump 2hrs, some...
  8. onedrive not connecting to surface pro 2017

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive not connecting to surface pro 2017: Last week my files stopped syncing to onedrive through my surface. It persisted for a few days through some troubleshooting efforts, so I decided to disconnect my onedrive account from my surface and reconnect it. When I do this: I put my email in, followed by my password,...
  9. BSOD on Surface Pro 2017

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on Surface Pro 2017: Hello, I just bought a new Surface Pro 2017 and I'm getting several BSOD errors, with the text "ATTEMPT TO WRITE READ ONLY MEMORY" while using the computer. Here are my DMP files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tpfrwyw8r9hm4u9/AACFVaze_x2Zh36kboK-Zs9sa?dl=0 Kind regards,...
  10. no October update on surface PRO 2017

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no October update on surface PRO 2017: my custom PC already updated, but surface tells me it's up to date on 1803 should I wait oR download update assistant ? All of my setting are default I've tried update troubleshoot it fixed some config but still nothing. Thanks : )...