Windows 10: Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...

Discus and support Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The VMS are 4 x Windows 10 Pro, 2 x Server 2022 Standard. I have run DISM restore health sfc /scannow chkdsk /r /f with no issues found! 2 of the Win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Greg Gosselin, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...

The VMS are 4 x Windows 10 Pro, 2 x Server 2022 Standard. I have run DISM restore health sfc /scannow chkdsk /r /f with no issues found! 2 of the Win10 and 1 of the server VMs are crashing. The mini-dumps point to bad driver ntoskrnl.exe from bad address ntoskrnl.exe+42xxxIn the Hyper V server logs: 'xxxx' has encountered a fatal error. The guest operating system reported that it failed with the following error codes: ErrorCode0: 0x109, ErrorCode1: 0xA39FD5DE01C8D62E,&nbs

:)

Greg Gosselin, Apr 18, 2024
  2. scomage Win User

Export Win10 Hyper-V VM and import into Server 2016

I am having trouble moving a VM from windows 10 to Server 2016. I have updated Win 10 to 20H2 and applied all available windows updates. I created a VM on Win 10, exported it, and then copied to a server 2016 computer with Hyper-V installed but it does
    not present as available for import. Is there any way to make this work?

scomage, Apr 18, 2024
  3. Hyper-V Networking Win Server 2016 on HP DL360 gen 10

Hi,

I'm performing initial testing with Hyper-V on an Hp DL360 gen 10 server. The first ethernet port is in use by the main Win 2016 OS installed on the server. I'd like to use one of the 3 available ethernet ports to act as the network/internet connect for
    the Hyper-V Virtual Machine. It will sit on the same VLAN as the main server connection and the Ip address in Hyper-V will be a static IP address.

I've been walking through the Hyper V instructions to set up a virtual switch using the selected port, but havent' been successful in setting the network in the VM as desired. In Virtual switch manager, i created a new swtich and de-selected the option
    for "Allow management operating system to share the network adapter. However, I've been unable to get a network connection in the VM.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

kevinmmscommunity, Apr 18, 2024
  4. Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...

Why is Hyper-V-Manager consuming so much bandwidth?

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for your support.

The setup is quite simple:

• The Hyper-V Server is a Root-Server in the Internet (not in a domain). It is only managed by myself (whatever that means Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug... :) )
    • The server is a "Hyper-V Server 2016" (see e.g. Hyper-V Server 2016 | Microsoft Evaluation Center)
    • My Notebook connect's via Server Manager (This connection uses 8 kBit/se or less on average)
    • When I open Hyper-V (via the Server Manager) it uses 500kBit/s permanently, without even connecting to a VM. Just listing the VMs on the server.

Michael

wallenstein0961, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...

1. Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug... - Similar Threads - Need Help running

2. Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...: The VMS are 4 x Windows 10 Pro, 2 x Server 2022 Standard. I have run DISM restore health sfc /scannow chkdsk /r /f with no issues found! 2 of the Win10 and 1 of the server VMs are crashing. The mini-dumps point to bad driver ntoskrnl.exe from bad address ntoskrnl.exe+42xxxIn...
  3. Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...: The VMS are 4 x Windows 10 Pro, 2 x Server 2022 Standard. I have run DISM restore health sfc /scannow chkdsk /r /f with no issues found! 2 of the Win10 and 1 of the server VMs are crashing. The mini-dumps point to bad driver ntoskrnl.exe from bad address ntoskrnl.exe+42xxxIn...
  4. Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V: See image for errorVirtualisation is enabled in UEFI. WSL2 gives error 0x80370102. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-run-vms-on-hyper-v/f66a80ff-0862-46c6-884d-3ca09d196882
  5. Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V: See image for errorVirtualisation is enabled in UEFI. WSL2 gives error 0x80370102. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-run-vms-on-hyper-v/f66a80ff-0862-46c6-884d-3ca09d196882
  6. Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. HYPER-V Server 2016 - cant connect to server from Windows 10 remote

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    HYPER-V Server 2016 - cant connect to server from Windows 10 remote: funny thing is I can create the VM now on the HYPER-V server but PING still fails !!!! Not really funny. Ping response is disabled by default on firewall of all server SKUs and that is a fairly sensible thing to do if you think about it. You can enable it with netsh...
  8. Hyper-V forgets my VMs

Hyper-V forgets my VMs: Ok on build 16288, but happened on earlier builds - when I reboot my laptop, Hyper-V keeps forgetting my VMs saying I have noinstalled. Only takes a couple of minutes to restore them but a PITA. I am going to try and unistall Hyper-V and reinstall to see if that fixes...
  9. Identifying VMs in Hyper-V

Identifying VMs in Hyper-V: Hi does anybody know how to tell what Hyper-V VM is connected to which /vhdx file ? It is all a bit of a mess now. I am guessing the only valid ones are the large datafiles? cheers [img] 84958
  10. Help setting up Hyper-V to test Windows Server 2016

Help setting up Hyper-V to test Windows Server 2016: Hi there @ I can't answer your specific questions on HYPER-V but I know all about "Breaking Netflix" - even the Dog starts barking madly. !!!! I don't think there's any major problem to having a server on a home LAN (I have 2 Linux servers on a LAN plus a whole slew of...