Windows 10: Need help. I can't drag and drop any items/folders/files any more!

Discus and support Need help. I can't drag and drop any items/folders/files any more! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I didn't update or change anything. I was editing in premiere pro dragging and dropping things into it then suddenly i couldn't anymore. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sonicbuster, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Need help. I can't drag and drop any items/folders/files any more!

I didn't update or change anything. I was editing in premiere pro dragging and dropping things into it then suddenly i couldn't anymore.

submitted by /u/sonicbuster
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sonicbuster, Nov 5, 2019
  2. eyexam Win User

Drag and drop attachment

f

Thanks- It appears that it's the drag-and-drop from the JUMP LIST (finally got the right terminology there) that isn't available. In looking into it more (with your help), it seems that this MIGHT be available in a future build of 10. What a crock!!! That drag-and-drop from a jump list to attach was SOOOO easy and now it's gone. Too late to downgrade......bummer*cry

If someone comes up with a good solution (besides the paper clip), I'm hoping for a miracle!

thanks
    Jeff

eyexam, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Drag and Drop

When using "Drag and Drop":
    • "Alt + left mouse button" to create a Link/Shortcut
    • "Ctrl + left mouse button" to Copy the file
    • "Shift + left mouse button" to Move the file

lehnerus2000, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Need help. I can't drag and drop any items/folders/files any more!

Drag and Drop rarely works

Hi Matt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

To assist you better, please answer the following questions:

1. Do you receive any error message when you try to drag the files to the new folder?

2. Is the issue specific to a particular folder?

3. What kind of file type are you trying to drag and drop?

Meanwhile I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Open the folder which contains the files.

2. To select all files, press Ctrl + A, to select random files, press
    Ctrl key and click on the desired file.

3. Drag the files and hover it over the desired folder until you see a "move to
    'name of the folder'
    " option.

4. Drop the files.

Do get back to us with the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Need help. I can't drag and drop any items/folders/files any more!

1. Need help. I can't drag and drop any items/folders/files any more! - Similar Threads - Need help can't

2. Snap dragging doesn't work any more

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snap dragging doesn't work any more: Hi folks. I can winkey-left, choose window to show on the right and get a perfect split screen. Now, I used to be able to drag in the center get a thicker dragbar in the middle and auto-resize both windows simultaneously. Now, though, it just resizes one of the windows and...
  3. Drag and Drop of files onto program icons on desktop not working any more.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drag and Drop of files onto program icons on desktop not working any more.: Since a while I have a most annoying "effect" or rather bug on one of my Windows 10 systems:When I drag and drop a file onto a program's icon on the Windows desktop, then the file is not opened but only moved.i.e. if I - say - drag a text-file picked from the desktop or any...
  4. Help I can't copy files or drag and drop on 20h2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help I can't copy files or drag and drop on 20h2: I am having issues copying files to and from hdd or external flash drive . After I drag a file let's say from a flash drive to the desktop windows explorer flash like I'm snapping to full screen but files doesn't copy over happens visa versa - how can I fix this issue this is...
  5. Cant drag and drop icons,folders or any items in explorer or desktop

Cant drag and drop icons,folders or any items in explorer or desktop: Any solutions? I have searched all across google and all the results are related to some 2015 issues like upgrading from Win 8 to Win 10 or needing to uninstall Stardock application. None of those issues relate to me. I am on Windows 10 that came free with my laptop. All...
  6. Can't add folders into libraries any more.

Can't add folders into libraries any more.: [ATTACH] I did format and reinstalled window 10 yesterday. And created some libraries for my favorite folders already like always do after reinstalled. Today, I tried to creat extrea libraries but was not abled to add folders. creat "new library" choose "folder" click...
  7. Can't drag and drop

Can't drag and drop: I have done: sfc /scannow DISM CheckHealth and RestoreHealth commands Restarted Windows Explorer Restarted Desktop Window Manager submitted by /u/TheTank18 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iinj3x/cant_drag_and_drop/
  8. I can't Drag and Drop a file to a pinned network folder

I can't Drag and Drop a file to a pinned network folder: I pinned a network folder to my Quick Access. But when I try and drag a file to it, it just doesn't accept it. I get this pointer. If I open the folder, from the same pinned link, I can drag to that fine. But not to the pinned folder itself. I used to be able to do it....
  9. I cant drag any of my files, help please??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant drag any of my files, help please??: So I've always dragged my files without any problems, however ever since the update, I cannot drag any of my files! Help please, I can't drag any file from folder to folder or from folder to the desktop. I tried this "method" where people left click and click escape but it...
  10. Is Mailwasher needed any more?

in Browsers and Email
    Is Mailwasher needed any more?: I use a program called Mailwasher to check emails before opening them. I can either blacklist or friends list a sender plus delete the badk emails prior to opening them in Thunderbird. Is this still necessary these days? 38659