Windows 10: Need help! I opened my laptop and noticed that all my files just shown blank icon and my...

Discus and support Need help! I opened my laptop and noticed that all my files just shown blank icon and my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/alyffnajmy [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alyffnajmy, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Need help! I opened my laptop and noticed that all my files just shown blank icon and my...

/u/alyffnajmy, Jan 19, 2020
  2. mrgeek Win User

Icons Blank/Missing After Windows Update

I noticed this too but not on any Office or Store Apps. This worked for me, for the few that were affected with a blank page icon- go to Program Files, locate the exe for, say, VLC, and right click send shortcut to desktop. That will display correct icon. Drag shortcut to All Apps list or pin to taskbar and click replace, if prompted. The rebuild icon tutorial suggested may help with the Store or Office apps. Good Luck

mrgeek, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Flava0ne Win User
    Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I created an icon a while back to suggest it for replacement with a black PCB.

Flava0ne, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Need help! I opened my laptop and noticed that all my files just shown blank icon and my...

Icons Blank/Missing After Windows Update

Thank you all for your responses. =)
    I assume you mean C:\Users as C:\Windows\users does not exist, but there don't seem to be any changes here. Note that the shortcuts still all work, just they are missing their icons - hence why Skype was shown in the taskbar with a blank file icon. File associations are still the same too, although I did notice the new Windows 10 Photos app is the default for most image types - I had previously set it to the old Windows Photo Viewer.
    I've already tried this and it did not work. It's basically the same as the Superuser Post, but I've added it to the list of thing's I've tried.
    This fixes the appearance of the shortcuts, but when they're on the taskbar or searched for using the start menu they look the same.

DanielDC88, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Need help! I opened my laptop and noticed that all my files just shown blank icon and my...

1. Need help! I opened my laptop and noticed that all my files just shown blank icon and my... - Similar Threads - Need help opened

2. I need urgent help. My computer reseted all my files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need urgent help. My computer reseted all my files.: I lost all of my files. Today, i started up my computer. I remember i was in the login screen. I entered my password and waited for my computer to start. While i was waiting, i grabbed a paper towel and started to clean the dust in my keyboard, like i always do. I don't know...
  3. I need urgent help. My computer reseted all my files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need urgent help. My computer reseted all my files.: I lost all of my files. Today, i started up my computer. I remember i was in the login screen. I entered my password and waited for my computer to start. While i was waiting, i grabbed a paper towel and started to clean the dust in my keyboard, like i always do. I don't know...
  4. I need urgent help. My computer reseted all my files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. All of my icons are completely blank and not showing

All of my icons are completely blank and not showing: Hello, for some reason when i booted my PC up this morning ALL of my icons were gone for some reason and i've tried everything that i've could to fix it. Not even the folder icons are showing up. [ATTACH]...
  6. Help app icons are stuck on my laptop? i just opened my laptop and found this the icons don...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help app icons are stuck on my laptop? i just opened my laptop and found this the icons don...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Cinnamon_Void [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/io0n04/help_app_icons_are_stuck_on_my_laptop_i_just/
  7. Blank Icon over all my shortcuts

Blank Icon over all my shortcuts: Hi, Yesterday I logged into onedrive for the first time. While setting up it asked me if I wanted to backup important folders like dektop, documents and stuff and I said yes. After I noticed that all my desktop shortcuts have that backup icon now I wanted to delete stop the...
  8. I just notice DriverUpdater on my desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I just notice DriverUpdater on my desktop: Should it be there or is it a virus/malware? Best way to remove it? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-just-notice-driverupdater-on-my-desktop/7f643737-52db-41da-abbd-ebd301d02c9d
  9. I just lost all my files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I just lost all my files: So to start out let me just say how **** the microsoft support system is. Seriously having to navigate my way through that **** robot just so I can have an opportunity to talk to a person was irritating. What was infuriating was when I finally was able to "talk to a person"...
  10. All my Icons/shortcuts Are Blank

in Windows 10 Support
    All my Icons/shortcuts Are Blank: for some reason all my Icons for everything but folders have gone blank I can't seem to get them back. As well as all my file and program associations have eather reset and ask me what programs I want to use a default and when I reassign them the next time I go to open a file...