Windows 10: Need help identifying the correct Windows 10 key

Discus and support Need help identifying the correct Windows 10 key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm about to upgrade my computer for the first time since Windows 10 came out, and it is a substantial upgrade including the motherboard. I have four... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Blackhawk3339, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Need help identifying the correct Windows 10 key

I'm about to upgrade my computer for the first time since Windows 10 came out, and it is a substantial upgrade including the motherboard. I have four computers in the house running Windows 10. Two of them use upgrade licenses from Windows 7, two have retail copies purchased from Amazon. My Amazon account has three keys: my two, plus one I purchased on behalf of a friend when I was setting up his new system.

I need to find out which product key is associated with this computer. It could be any of the three listed on my Amazon account one of which is not actually mine, or potentially it could be one of the upgrade licenses and I'd need to buy a new copy of Windows with my upgrade.

How in the world do I figure out which one is on one specific PC?

:)

Blackhawk3339, Jan 1, 2020

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jan 1, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Need help identifying the correct Windows 10 key

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Need help identifying the correct Windows 10 key

1. Need help identifying the correct Windows 10 key - Similar Threads - Need help identifying

2. Need help identifying this issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help identifying this issue.: Blue screen of death help. What does this mean:Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 1/19/2024 6:00:07 PM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Taylor Description: The computer has rebooted from a...
  3. Need help identifying this issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help identifying this issue.: Blue screen of death help. What does this mean:Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 1/19/2024 6:00:07 PM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Taylor Description: The computer has rebooted from a...
  4. Need help getting the Win 10 Product Key Correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help getting the Win 10 Product Key Correct: Needed to do a reinstall of Win 10 due to death of Father-in-Law. Resetting machine for one of his granddaughters to use. Started reinstall with "don't save anything" approach. Went off to do other outdoors tasks. Came back 1.5 hours later to machine having shut down. Don't...
  5. Need help getting the Win 10 Product Key Correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help getting the Win 10 Product Key Correct: Needed to do a reinstall of Win 10 due to death of Father-in-Law. Resetting machine for one of his granddaughters to use. Started reinstall with "don't save anything" approach. Went off to do other outdoors tasks. Came back 1.5 hours later to machine having shut down. Don't...
  6. Need help getting the Win 10 Product Key Correct

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to identify correct Windows 10 version for my Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to identify correct Windows 10 version for my Product Key: When I got my Laptop, I had the preinstalled Windows 8. I upgraded it to Windows 10 and everything worked fine. Then my hard disk formatted and the repair guy installed the wrong version of Windows 10which is not activating now. Is there a way I can identify what is the...
  8. Identifying the correct product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Identifying the correct product key: I'm about to upgrade my computer for the first time since Windows 10 came out, and it is a substantial upgrade (including the motherboard.) I have four computers in the house running Windows 10. Two of them use upgrade licenses from Windows 7, two have retail copies purchased...
  9. need help identifying a process

in Windows 10 Support
    need help identifying a process: simple question..what is this process 'CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess 32bit' and where did it come from, and is it harmful? 116330
  10. Need to identify correct pci express socket

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need to identify correct pci express socket: [img] Have a Gigabyte f2a88xm motherboard with a Geforce GTX650TI Boost fitted. now want to fit a sound card and am looking at a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy PCIe RX 7.1 Sound Card with High Performance Headphone Amp however I understand this is a pci Express 1.0...