Windows 10: Need help in changing Windows edition from Windows 10 pro to Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Need help in changing Windows edition from Windows 10 pro to Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a new laptop with pre-installed windows 10 Home. As I have a requirement of windows 10 pro, I used a product key from internet. Edition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AnushaUppalluru, May 15, 2020.

1. Need help in changing Windows edition from Windows 10 pro to Windows 10 Home

Hi,

I bought a new laptop with pre-installed windows 10 Home. As I have a requirement of windows 10 pro, I used a product key from internet. Edition of windows changed to Windows 10 pro but getting error message like windows is not activated.

Requirement: I want to change the edition of my windows back to Windows 10 Home.

Another issue: I used a the following command in command prompt to know original product key

I got one product key . When I an using that , it is giving error message likethe product key you entered didn't work

help me in solving this issue.

With Regards,

Anusha Uppalluru

:)

AnushaUppalluru, May 15, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 pro

I need to change my motherboard, have windows 10 pro. When i google how to it says go to activation then add an account, my issue is there is no add an account option under activation? Or am I in the wrong window?

Need help in changing Windows edition from Windows 10 pro to Windows 10 Home windows%2010%20pro_zpsfb4x7tmp.png

Not sure how to proceed, ive googled it and the same results. Do I have an OEM or? On the disk sleave it says OEI DVD?
    The COA says windows 10 pro for OEM software

jaggerwild, May 15, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Need help in changing Windows edition from Windows 10 pro to Windows 10 Home

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Need help in changing Windows edition from Windows 10 pro to Windows 10 Home

1. Need help in changing Windows edition from Windows 10 pro to Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Need help changing

2. Changing from oem windows 10 pro edition to windows 10 education pro Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing from oem windows 10 pro edition to windows 10 education pro Edition: Hi,I need to change the operating system Windows 10 Pro which was provided by the PC vendor as the default OEM os. However, because I want to set it up as a Kiosk, I would need to change the OS to the Windows 10 Education Pro edition.Is this possible? Does it incur additional...
  3. Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Home edition: I some how accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro instead of home edition that I have key/license for. I have tried doing the Registry edits in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion and the other path as well but when I run the...
  4. Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to HOME Edition.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to HOME Edition.: I have a Dell Xps 8900 I purchased several years ago that came with Windows 7 Pro. I recently updated to Windows 10 Pro, but I want Windows 10 HOME Edition. Can this be done, and if so, how???...
  5. Updated to Windows 10 pro edition from home Windows 10 home edition

Updated to Windows 10 pro edition from home Windows 10 home edition: My laptop has windows 10 home edition. But I required Windows 10 pro edition. So.., is there any options to update my edition. Please help me out with this....
  6. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition: I currently have a license and USB Flash drive containing Windows 10 Home Edition. I'm considering doing the upgrade to Professional Edition for $99. If I perform that upgrade will I then have a new Professional product key that will allow me to perform a clean reinstall...
  7. Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition

Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition: Hi everyone! Just recently bought a new pc, problem is, I expected it to come with windows 10 home edition as usual, but it came with an unactivated version of windows 10 pro edition. I tried using the media creation tool but the option for windows 10 home edition didnt...
  8. Windows 10 pro is installed and need 10 home edition.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro is installed and need 10 home edition.: I have done multiple clean reboots to reinstall windows 10 Home. I watched some videos and followed each one to the T, still not right. I was never given the option to choose which edition to use. After I select troubleshoot it says I have the product key for HOME not PRO....
  9. Help with changing windows 10 pro edition to windows 10 home edition.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with changing windows 10 pro edition to windows 10 home edition.: change windows 10 pro edition that is not activated to windows 10 home un activated so I can use a product key to activate windows 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-changing-windows-10-pro-edition-to/59ef65b3-3351-4c92-8736-52d8ea06034e
  10. Change edition, Windows 10 Home to Pro

Change edition, Windows 10 Home to Pro: Hi, i have upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home. I 'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro edition from usb installation files and not store. After running setup.exe and choosing Upgrade i reach in a screen as this but it says home instead of pro and i...