Windows 10: Need help in connecting PS2 Keyboards on Windows 10

Discus and support Need help in connecting PS2 Keyboards on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have tried all the steps below and it still doesn't allow me to connect the PS2 keyboard Can you please have Microsoft representative remote log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aliikhan, Apr 24, 2020.

1. aliikhan Win User

Need help in connecting PS2 Keyboards on Windows 10

I have tried all the steps below and it still doesn't allow me to connect the PS2 keyboard

Can you please have Microsoft representative remote log into my laptop and fix the issue that I'm facing. Thank you

Method 1.

Plug the device and run the hardware troubleshooter. Once this is done, restart the computer and check the status.

Follow these steps:

• Press the ‘Windows + W’ key on the keyboard.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search box and then press enter.
    • Click hardware and sound and run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
    • Follow the On screen instructions. Once this is done, restart the computer and check the status.

Method 2.

You may update the PS2 mouse driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

1. Press Windows key + X and click on “Device Manager”.

2. Expand “Mouse” or “Mice and other pointing devices”.

3. Right click on the driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Further, you may also look for optional updates in Windows Updates to see if there are any additional updates related to this device and install them as required.

Method 3.

If the driver update does not help then I would suggest you to completely uninstall the USB driver and reinstall it to check if this helps.

Follow these steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.

• In the list of devices, you should see the “Mouse” or “Mice and other pointing devices”.

• Right click on the device driver and then select "Uninstall".

• In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.

• In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will force the computer to recognize any hardware changes. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

Method 4:

1. Open Regedit.
    2. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > i8042prt
    3. Set the default value for "Start" to 1.
    4. Restart your machine

:)

aliikhan, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Loofer Win User

PS2 connections stopped working

My PC is running on W10 and has been serviced using USB keyboard and mouse. Since then my PS2 connections are not working anymore. I have already tried some suggestions posted here but nothing works so far.... How can I fix this?

Loofer, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Burgi Win User
    Do PS2 Keyboards work on Windows 10

According to Microsoft, Windows 10 does still accept PS/2 inputs. However there might be issues with drivers, this forum discussion explains the process for troubleshooting it.

Below is a direct quote from the Microsoft engineer in that thread detailing the various troubleshooting methods:

I don't have a PS/2 keyboard to test these for you.

Burgi, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Robert427 Win User

PS2 Keyboard not registering either parenthesis key

I have a Z170 chipset motherboard with a keyboard PS2 connector. I have several IBM Model M PS2 keyboards that recently stopped registering both the left and right parenthesis keystrokes. All other special characters work. The parenthesis keys DO work
    in the DOS window for Command Prompt. I do not know when this behavior started but it would have been recently.

I have tried all of the following with no success:

1. Turning on and off Filter Keys

2. Removing the PS2 keyboard, both HID Devices in the Device Manager and then scanning for new hardware

I am at a loss but it is a Windows 10 issue as can be seen by the issue is repeatable with multiple PS2 keyboards and is not an issue in the DOS Command Prompt box. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Robert427, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Need help in connecting PS2 Keyboards on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Need help connecting

2. PS2 Keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PS2 Keyboard is not working: PS2 keyboard was working but suddenly it stopped working please help what to do to start it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps2-keyboard-is-not-working/1d736720-cb55-4415-8d64-83a8e01aa771
  3. PS2 Keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    PS2 Keyboard is not working: PS2 keyboard was working but suddenly it stopped working please help what to do to start it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps2-keyboard-is-not-working/1d736720-cb55-4415-8d64-83a8e01aa771
  4. i need driver for standard ps2 keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need driver for standard ps2 keyboard: so i was getting driver mismatched for standard ps2 keyboard drivercan i get the driver for ASUS TUF A15 Gaming Laptop FA566I https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-driver-for-standard-ps2-keyboard/eda00a41-0772-4992-b48c-74d4c5cae099
  5. i need driver for standard ps2 keyboard

i need driver for standard ps2 keyboard: so i was getting driver mismatched for standard ps2 keyboard drivercan i get the driver for ASUS TUF A15 Gaming Laptop FA566I https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-driver-for-standard-ps2-keyboard/eda00a41-0772-4992-b48c-74d4c5cae099
  6. Need help in connecting PS2 Keyboards on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help in connecting PS2 Keyboards on Windows 10: Need help in connecting PS2 Keyboards on Windows 10I have tried all the steps below and it still doesn't allow me to connect the PS2 keyboardCan you please have Microsoft representative remote log into my laptop and fix the issue that I'm facing. Thank...
  7. Need help in connecting PS2 Keyboards on Windows 10

Need help in connecting PS2 Keyboards on Windows 10: Need help in connecting PS2 Keyboards on Windows 10I have tried all the steps below and it still doesn't allow me to connect the PS2 keyboardCan you please have Microsoft representative remote log into my laptop and fix the issue that I'm facing. Thank...
  8. Need help in connecting PS2 Keyboards on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Linking PS2 Keyboards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Linking PS2 Keyboards: I have two computers and would like to use the same PS2 Keyboard with USB connector on both without having to plug and unplug connectors. Is this possible? I have tried to find a USB splitter but cannot find one with two males that handle data. Am I being unrealistic? Thanks...
  10. Windows 10 ps2 keyboard problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 ps2 keyboard problem: Hi i recently installed windows 10 on another computer. One ps2 keyboard works on it but using another keyboard does not. Both keyboards I know are working fine, I have tried uninstall drivers in device manager and still no joy. The problem is the keyboard I used to install...