Windows 10: Need help in finding the tricky folder with no folder name

Discus and support Need help in finding the tricky folder with no folder name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've a folder which have name with 5 characters. I'm not able to find which font or which language it was. If i'm trying to access from power shell,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chandu970423, May 9, 2020.

1. Need help in finding the tricky folder with no folder name

I've a folder which have name with 5 characters. I'm not able to find which font or which language it was. If i'm trying to access from power shell, it's showing ????? or 5 boxes. I've screenshots from power shell also. I've tried google translator also by pasting the hidden text in it for checking whether it can detect the language. But, I've not satisfied. I think it is an Arabic name. The actual folder name I'll paste at the end of this description because if i paste in between, it's misleading the typing also. You can copy the folder name and paste in notepad of somewhere and use arrows for checking how many characters are there in the text. The actual folder name is "‫‫‫‫‫"

Need help in finding the tricky folder with no folder name 40618fca-3534-4a10-86bc-1a1f33deb881?upload=true.png Need help in finding the tricky folder with no folder name bebe1073-dc3a-4452-a7a1-83091d90ae07?upload=true.png

This is interesting and I wanna re-create.

:)

Chandu970423, May 9, 2020

2. Getting folder names and not location in VB .Net

Hey guys,
    I'm getting a problem with my line of code and can't seem to find a workaround that works (all I can find is VB 6)

Code: CheckedListBox1.Items.AddRange(IO.Directory.GetDirectories("my directory here"))[/quote] This deposits all folders locations into a list box but I only need the actual folder name
    e.g:

Deposits: C:\Users\Onafets
    But all I want is "Onafets"

Is there any way to do this?

cheers

<<Onafets>>, May 9, 2020
  3. WojtasRed Win User
    Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, May 9, 2020
  4. Need help in finding the tricky folder with no folder name

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Need help in finding the tricky folder with no folder name :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Need help in finding the tricky folder with no folder name :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Need help in finding the tricky folder with no folder name

1. Need help in finding the tricky folder with no folder name - Similar Threads - Need help finding

2. Need help with encrypted folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with encrypted folders: I have a bit of an issue that I'm still kicking myself for... I lost access to some encrypted folders when I reinstalled Windows last week. These things happen sometimes... but what I'd like to know is what possible courses of action could restore my access to these...
  3. Need help with encrypted folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help with encrypted folders: I have a bit of an issue that I'm still kicking myself for... I lost access to some encrypted folders when I reinstalled Windows last week. These things happen sometimes... but what I'd like to know is what possible courses of action could restore my access to these...
  4. Need help finding the name of something

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help finding the name of something: Recently, either here or in r/Microsoft, i saw a post saying some (apparently previously paid) Windows Utility or program or what is now free to use. I saved it, but can't find it now. Any idea which Microsoft Program or set of Programs became free recently? submitted by...
  5. Need help changing user folder name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help changing user folder name: A friend of mine gave me a laptop and made a fun little game for me to figure out the code to enter it and stuff. The name of the user has to do with the code, well I signed in and logged into my Microsoft account, so now the sign-in screen has my name, but in the users...
  6. NEED HELP!: Excel tricky problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    NEED HELP!: Excel tricky problem: Hello everyone, I am using EXCEL, and having this problem, which I think, tricky but easy to understand: Column A and Column C both contain INPUTS (all are numbers). Column B should contain OUTPUTS. (Which is the problem). The problem in words: Look at Column A, Find the...
  7. NEED HELP!: Excel tricky problem

in Windows 10 Support
    NEED HELP!: Excel tricky problem: Hello everyone, I am using EXCEL, and having this problem, which I think, tricky but easy to understand: Column A and Column C both contain INPUTS (all are numbers). Column B should contain OUTPUTS. (Which is the problem). The problem in words: Look at Column A, Find the...
  8. Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder: Two odd things are happen to my files: 1. Changing only the file name in explorer changes the folder name 2. I cannot locate the directory (possibly a library) Here's what is happening in explorer: I search for the text OLD, the results come up: file=IMG_3654.JPG folder...
  9. Need help with changing name of user profile folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need help with changing name of user profile folder: I would like to change the name of the user profile folder. I have found and tried a few methods including one from Microsoft forums. None of them worked. I kept getting something about my User needing to sign out and back in again that there was a problem, so I would sign...
  10. Need help with changing name of user profile folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with changing name of user profile folder: I would like to change the name of the user profile folder. I have found and tried a few methods including one from Microsoft forums. None of them worked. I kept getting something about my User needing to sign out and back in again that there was a problem, so I would sign...