Windows 10: Need help in fixing disk layout

Discus and support Need help in fixing disk layout in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I had some trouble with my Windows 10 installation, and I need some help in fully restoring it. Due to a malware infection my W10 installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BostjanVi, Nov 3, 2019.

1. BostjanVi Win User

Need help in fixing disk layout

Hello,
    I had some trouble with my Windows 10 installation, and I need some
    help in fully restoring it.

Due to a malware infection my W10 installation became unusable, and I
    had to reinstall Windows; but not before I attempting to recover by using
    backups. To make a long story short, in the end I had to download an
    installation media and do a reinstall.

At the present my W10 installation works; but a problem still remains:
    when I open disk management, the layout of Disk0 is the following (I'm
    listing the partitions vertically, and not horizontally as in the disk
    management application),

Recovery 529 MB
    EFI_System 100 MB
    C: 232.96 GB
    WinRE_DRV 1000 MB
    WinRE_DRV 1000 MB
    WinRE_DRV 1000 MB
    WinRE_DRV 1000 MB
    WinRE_DRV 1000 MB

in other words, there are 8 partitions, and I suspect most of them are
    not needed and could be merged.

When I looked at another, similar, W10 installation the layout is the
    following:

EFI_System 99 MB
    C: 448.12 GB
    Healthy_Primary 827 MB

so this reinforces my belief that I should somehow fix my current disk
    layout. However, before doing something stupid I decided to ask some
    advice in how to perform this. Please help.

Regards,
    BostjanVi

:)

BostjanVi, Nov 3, 2019

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Need help in fixing disk layout :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Wrong keyboard layout in login page after update to 1607

Hi,

Since the issue reoccurred after updating to anniversary update, I suggest you to reconfigure the QWERTY keyboard layout and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with Windows 10 1607 update.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the keyboard layout:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.
    • Click on Region and Language.
    • Add the Country and click on add a language and select the language of your choice.
    • This will take time to download the pack.
    • Once this is done, Press Windows key + Space and press Space key to choose the keyboard layout.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Nov 3, 2019
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI firmware

Step #5 - in the command window that opens type:

diskpart
    list disk
    select disk 0 <- make sure disk 0 is the hard drive in question!
    clean <- this will erase the disk selected above - make sure disk 0 is the hard drive you want!
    convert gpt
    exit
    exit

NavyLCDR, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Need help in fixing disk layout - Similar Threads - Need help fixing

2. Need help for disk conversation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help for disk conversation: Hello Sir i have a 500 gb hard disk in my laptop i converted the hard disk into GPT and made two partitions with a partition assistant 3rd party software, and installed two windows windows 10 and windows 11in both partitions with dual boot, But when I'm using the EasyBCD...
  3. Need help for disk conversation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help for disk conversation: Hello Sir i have a 500 gb hard disk in my laptop i converted the hard disk into GPT and made two partitions with a partition assistant 3rd party software, and installed two windows windows 10 and windows 11in both partitions with dual boot, But when I'm using the EasyBCD...
  4. Need help for disk conversation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Keyboard Layout. Need Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Keyboard Layout. Need Help: Hi recently i update my windows 10 to 11, And I found out that my Keyboard Layout FRA CMS is missing or discontinued idk. I haved try to install different keyboard layout, Here a list of : FRAcanada , ENGcanada , ENGUnited-Kingdom , ENGunited-states. none of them have what i...
  6. Windows Keyboard Layout. Need Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Keyboard Layout. Need Help: Hi recently i update my windows 10 to 11, And I found out that my Keyboard Layout FRA CMS is missing or discontinued idk. I haved try to install different keyboard layout, Here a list of : FRAcanada , ENGcanada , ENGUnited-Kingdom , ENGunited-states. none of them have what i...
  7. Disk and partition help needed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk and partition help needed: [ATTACH] How to combine the disk 0 back to disk 1? I have one 512 Gb ssd which i somehow split into two disks by accident. How do I get the 27 Gb unallocated space back to my 512 gb disk? Please help...
  8. 100% Disk help needed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% Disk help needed: So, my task manager shows that the dis is 100% and is decreasing my performance. In my Task manager, i see: 1. User host font driver consuming my memory and disk 2 system And some more NOTE: I TRIED ALL PROCESSES LIKE. DISABLING SOME THINGS AND ALL. Tried virtual memory...
  9. Is this disk layout an issue?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is this disk layout an issue?: I converted my system to two RAID 0 2 TB SSDs, so I have one C: drive using both SSDs. I created the RAID 0 array using Ctrl-I on boot. I then restored a Macrium image. After I did that, I booted up Windows 10 Pro, and I looked at Disk Management, and I thought I would see...
  10. Disk layout recommendation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk layout recommendation: Hello I have 3 512GB NVMe drives and am trying to decide the best way to setup in a new build. Should I create a 1TB D drive or put all 3 512TB drives into a RAID0 group for a single 1.5TB C drive? My other PC has a 128GB SSD C drive and a 2TB D drive but I find it...