Windows 10: Need help in opening a Windows Installer Package

Discus and support Need help in opening a Windows Installer Package in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am a home user and have set myself as administrator of my W10 system and am having an issue opening an installation file (I believe with an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Boblink, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Boblink Win User

Need help in opening a Windows Installer Package

Hello, I am a home user and have set myself as administrator of my W10 system and am having an issue opening an installation file (I believe with an msi extension) that I downloaded . When open (run) the file, I get an error message advising (words to the effect) you do not have sufficient privileges to complete this install for all users of this machine. Log in as Administrator and again. I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR and unlike previous editions of Windows, I do not see a drop-down menu option to open file as Administrator. I also noticed a RunDLL error that C:\Windows\System32\LogIiLDA.dll could not be found. Any help would be appreciated

Thank you in advance for your help

Bob

:)

Boblink, Mar 27, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Windows Installer Error: This installation package cannot be opened.

Hi AJ,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We are glad to provide the assistance required to help you answer your query.

The above error can occur if the locally cached Windows Installer package (*.msi) file is damaged or corrupted.

To rectify the above, I suggest that you try the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to install the software successfully.

• Open the \Windows\Installer folder on your computer's hard disk.
    • Right-click any file with an .msi extension.
    • Click Properties on the shortcut menu. The
      Subject
      box on the Summary tab contains the name of the product that installed the .msi file.
    • Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each .msi file in the \Installer folder, and delete the .msi file for the software that you are trying to install.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Need help in opening a Windows Installer Package

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Need help in opening a Windows Installer Package

1. Need help in opening a Windows Installer Package - Similar Threads - Need help opening

2. Recurring Windows Installer Issue: "This installation package could not be opened. Contact...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurring Windows Installer Issue: "This installation package could not be opened. Contact...: Hello All, I'm trying to download and install an update for my NVivo Qualitative Data Analysis software program. Every single time I've tried to update it, the Nvivo Update Installer opens, appears to download the update, and then Window's Installer opens and then I receive...
  3. This installation package could not be opened in Sandbox

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This installation package could not be opened in Sandbox: I was really looking forward to using Windows Sandbox for testing the installers I generate as result of my build. Unfortunately, right off the bat ran into the "This installation package could not be opened …" error message. Have tried all of the options related to msi...
  4. "This installation package could not be opened." error message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "This installation package could not be opened." error message: I am trying to install TI-Nspire CX Student Software, but everytime I go to run the installer, an error message pops up that reads, "This installation package could not be opened." I contacted Microsoft support because this has happened numerous times to other software, and I...
  5. Help with Error 1720 Windows installer package

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with Error 1720 Windows installer package: I keep getting the same error. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/help-with-error-1720-windows-installer-package/1912986f-086a-4d3e-bb14-72d42189382a
  6. Error: this installation package could not be opened. verify that the package exists and...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error: this installation package could not be opened. verify that the package exists and...: Hi, While installing Java & MySQL and some other apps in windows 10, I am frequently getting this error: Error: this installation package could not be opened. verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that it is a...
  7. Windows Installer Package

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Installer Package: Every time I try to download the latest version of iTunes onto my laptop, this message appears, "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. a program required for this install to complete could not be run. contact your support or package vendor." I am unsure of...
  8. Error message : Installation package can not be opened, ~~~~~~!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error message : Installation package can not be opened, ~~~~~~!: Hey guys need some help, i was starting up a game on my msi laptop Ge72 Apache and cannot install. The computer prompts me with a message : installation package can not be opened, contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid windows explorer package...... please...
  9. Windows Installer Packages not opening on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Installer Packages not opening on Windows 10: Messages showing up when trying to install files that is an msi file: This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows installer package. I...
  10. Installing Dell Drivers: installation package could not be opened

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing Dell Drivers: installation package could not be opened: Further to my thread regarding removing the crapware on my new Dell: https://www.tenforums.com/installatio...-crapware.html I've done a clean install, and want to install some drivers from the Dell web site. I've downloaded the files, but if I try to extract or install...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it or contact the vendor to verify this is a valid windows installer package