Windows 10: Need help in setting boot priority in bios... which file to choose??

Discus and support Need help in setting boot priority in bios... which file to choose?? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Am trying to change my boot priority options in my bios After selecting the usb drive a second option window in the bios appears asking me to select a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by provlima, Mar 29, 2018.

1. provlima Win User

Need help in setting boot priority in bios... which file to choose??

Am trying to change my boot priority options in my bios
    After selecting the usb drive a second option window in the bios appears asking me to select a file to boot. (see below screenshot) Which of the below file options do I select?

Need help in setting boot priority in bios... which file to choose?? [​IMG]

:)

provlima, Mar 29, 2018

2. UNetbootin

Hi Juda,

You may need to set Windows Boot Manager as a first boot priority in BIOS. For assistance on changing the boot priority settings in BIOS, you may need to contact your PC manufacturer.

Regards.

Monica Cam, Mar 29, 2018
  3. Removing redundant disk stops Win 10 from loading.

Hi Tez,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you change the BIOS settings to set the first boot priority to Disk 0 which you want to format. After setting the first boot priority then try to format the disk 0 which you want to remove.

Note: If the above method fails then reset the BIOS settings as it was.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 29, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

What's on the USB your trying to boot?

Samuria, Mar 29, 2018
  5. provlima Win User
    its a rescue "disk"

provlima, Mar 29, 2018
  6. The default boot file is EFI\boot\bootx64.efi (or EFI\boot\bootia32.efi for 32-bit OS).

PolarNettles, Mar 29, 2018
  7. provlima Win User
    Thanks for your response, but please clarify - would that be the 4th option shown in the screenshot " <EFI> "

provlima, Mar 29, 2018
  8. Need help in setting boot priority in bios... which file to choose??

<> indicates folders. When you select <EFI> that you should get another screen with <BOOT>. Then you select that and there should be a bootx64.efi or bootia32.efi file.

PolarNettles, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Need help in setting boot priority in bios... which file to choose?? - Similar Threads - Need help setting

2. Help with BIOS settings, need to boot from SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with BIOS settings, need to boot from SSD: Hi!The drives on my machine an older Alienware are:internal SSD, the only bootable drive Cinternal HD Dbarely used CDR for legacy stuff Ea pair of external drives no bootable partitions, various letters from F to TFor some reason, since upgrading to Windows 11 my machine is...
  3. Help with BIOS settings, need to boot from SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with BIOS settings, need to boot from SSD: Hi!The drives on my machine an older Alienware are:internal SSD, the only bootable drive Cinternal HD Dbarely used CDR for legacy stuff Ea pair of external drives no bootable partitions, various letters from F to TFor some reason, since upgrading to Windows 11 my machine is...
  4. Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive: I cloned my boot drive HDD to another drive SSD and both are showing in the BIOS boot priority but I can't change the priority. I was wondering if formatting HDD will remove it from the priority list to it sets SSD to default....
  5. Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive: I cloned my boot drive HDD to another drive SSD and both are showing in the BIOS boot priority but I can't change the priority. I was wondering if formatting HDD will remove it from the priority list to it sets SSD to default....
  6. Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive

7. Which setting for laptop to reduced heat, which setting takes priority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which setting for laptop to reduced heat, which setting takes priority: Which laptop setting takes priority? Power Efficiency from new win11 settings power panel OR good old control panel power plans? I have custom power plan in good old control panel which also includes edited cpu power % numbers....
  8. Which setting for laptop to reduced heat, which setting takes priority

Which setting for laptop to reduced heat, which setting takes priority: Which laptop setting takes priority? Power Efficiency from new win11 settings power panel OR good old control panel power plans? I have custom power plan in good old control panel which also includes edited cpu power % numbers....
  9. How to choose which drive to boot from, OUTSIDE of bios.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to choose which drive to boot from, OUTSIDE of bios.: Hello. I recently built a new system with dual operating systems on different internal ssd's. My question is, is there a way to choose what drive to boot before windows starts up? I have a editing side and gaming side and I would like the option to choose which drive to boot...
  10. Which SGX setting to choose in BIOS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Which SGX setting to choose in BIOS: I had noticed that even though I had Software Guard Extensions(SGX) set to "Software Controlled" in BIOS, that it wasn't showing up in Device Manager. Then it came to me, that on my last system build(an MSI mainboard with a 6700K) that MSI had included the driver in the...