Windows 10: Need help installing camera drivers

Discus and support Need help installing camera drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a desktop which does not have a built in webcam like a laptop does. I brought this plug and play camera and my desktop cannot find it. I figured... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hobos8MaLunch, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Need help installing camera drivers

I have a desktop which does not have a built in webcam like a laptop does. I brought this plug and play camera and my desktop cannot find it. I figured out that I do not have a camera driver installed in my device manager. I just need to install the drivers so the computer knows how to connect to the external camera. I know the camera works because when I plugged it into my surface pro 6 and disabled the integrated webcam and enabled the external one the surface pro automatically switched to the external webcam and I can use it.

What I've tried on my desktop:

Windows update

Show hidden devices

Scan for hardware changes

I don't even see a cameras tab in my device manager so I am guessing there is no drivers installed and I just need to install one.

:)

Hobos8MaLunch, Sep 7, 2020

2. Windows Camera

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to use the integrated webcam. There could be a possibility that the
    device driver not installed or out of date or the installed driver failed.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the model number of the Lenovo Desktop?
    • Is Lenovo Vantage utility app installed on the PC?

• Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Let us try few steps.

Step 1: Check Camera Settings.

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows Settings.
    2. Click on Privacy and select Camera from the left pane.
    3. Click on Change check if it is toggled to On.
    4. Also toggle the switch to On under Allow apps to access your camera
    Step 2:Update Webcam driver.

We would suggest you to update the Webcam driver from Device Manager. Please refer this article to update the driver:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

If the behavior persists, I suggest you follow the steps in the article below and see if it solves the problem:
    Camera doesn't work in Windows 10

You may also refer these articles for additional information:

Windows 10 camera, microphone, and privacy

How to use the Camera app

If it persists, I recommend that you contact the Lenovo Technical Support to carry out tests related to the camera.

Let us know the results.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Missing Camera Driver

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Sorry for the delay in response.

As per the details shared by you, I have checked with the Acer website and I did not find any updated Camera drivers. There are drivers available only for Windows 7.

However, I suggest you to download the Camera drivers from
    Extensa 5635
    and install the drivers.

Since the drivers are for Windows 7 you will need to install the drivers in compatibility mode, to install the drivers in compatibility mode follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Right click on the setup file and click on
      Properties
    2. Click on Compatibility tab.
    3. Now, click on the check box that says Run this program in compatibility mode and select
      Windows 7.
    4. Click on Apply and then,
      OK
    5. Now, run the setup file to install the drivers.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Need help installing camera drivers

+Connecting Camera

Hi Ernest,

Thanks for posting in the Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

Before to begin with troubleshooting,I would like
    you to answer the following questions:

• Provide me the make/model of pc and camera?

• Did you get any error message?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

Step 1:Update the driver

After the install to Windows 10, the drivers for the camera may have not been Installed. I would suggest that you install the drivers for the camera and check.

a. Move the mouse to bottom left corner and right-click on the
    “Start”
    icon.

b. Select ‘Device manager’.

c. Expand ‘Camera”, right-click on the adapter and select update ‘update driver software’

step 2: Run the hardware troubleshooter.

To do so, open Control Panel
    > troubleshooting> Hardware and Sound >
    Hardware and Devices

follow the instructions.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Need help installing camera drivers

1. Need help installing camera drivers - Similar Threads - Need help installing

2. Need Help Installing Bluetooth Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Installing Bluetooth Drivers: I just bought a refurbished Dell XPS 9550 with windows 11 already preloaded onto it. My bluetooth does not work, and after doing some digging, I found that it was because Dell hasnt released any compatible drivers for windows 11 for my device. I looked around their help...
  3. Need Help Installing Bluetooth Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help Installing Bluetooth Drivers: I just bought a refurbished Dell XPS 9550 with windows 11 already preloaded onto it. My bluetooth does not work, and after doing some digging, I found that it was because Dell hasnt released any compatible drivers for windows 11 for my device. I looked around their help...
  4. Need help installing camera drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help installing camera drivers.: Hi, so I just bought an Acer Helios Predator 300 last March and this week my camera has been turning on and off. I found a solution to it is just to not tilt the monitor too much. Just yesterday I woke up and booted my laptop, tried to join a google meeting but the camera...
  5. DELETED CAMERA DEVICE AND NEED HELP RE-INSTALLING THE ACTUAL CAMERA

DELETED CAMERA DEVICE AND NEED HELP RE-INSTALLING THE ACTUAL CAMERA: I ACCIDENTLY DELETED MY CAMERA DEVICE TRYING TO CONNECT IT. I CANNOT FIND THE CAMERA OPTION IN DEVICE MANAGER EVEN AFTER I SELECT VIEW HIDDEN DEVICES. HOW DO I REINSTALL THE CAMERA?...
  6. Camera Driver Installation

Camera Driver Installation: Hello, After a Windows Update, my camera is missing in device manager. Before the update, the camera was working perfectly fine. However, I went to the manufacturer's website to download a camera driver but it failed. The camera driver supports the operation system my...
  7. camera driver not installed

camera driver not installed: When I open my camera it shows an error code well when I followed through with fixing it I was told to roll back the driver for the camera/webcam well the driver does not seem to be any where in the device management....
  8. Install Cameras Driver

Install Cameras Driver: Dear respective person, Where can I install the authorise web camera manufacturer’s website in window 10? Because my Cameras Driver missing when i search at Devices Manager....
  9. camera driver not installing

camera driver not installing: I have a camera of oregon scientific (DS6618) and i dont have the cdrom for it so the driver is not installing automatically and btw my laptop doesnt has a cd driver... what should i do to install the cameras driver???...
  10. Still Need help with the camera

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Still Need help with the camera: so i went to the bios thing and downloaded literally everything i could, restarted my computer and my camera still wont work. and my icon in den=vice manager is gone. please help me get the icon back. the icon does NOT come back after reboot. please do not ask me to uninstall...