Windows 10: Need Help! Installing new harddrive into labtop, need steps and tips!

Discus and support Need Help! Installing new harddrive into labtop, need steps and tips! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a expensive labtop from ebay that I am pretty sure it has space for 2nd hard drive, I bought 1gb ssd and I want install it as a primary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AndrewS. Smith, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Need Help! Installing new harddrive into labtop, need steps and tips!

I bought a expensive labtop from ebay that I am pretty sure it has space for 2nd hard drive, I bought 1gb ssd and I want install it as a primary harddrive so it has better startup boot time and faster speeds for moving large files around (3D designing). Now I heard if I install a new primary hard drive, that I need to install windows 10 pro again. I didn't get a product code with it ( I can't seem to find it on the physical labtop). So here is my questions, and feel free to give any advise to me.

1)What is easiest way to find product key from labtop?

2)Can I use a USB stick to restall windows 10 pro on the labtop after adding a hard drive (clean install), or do I need a CD?

3)How can I setup up the new hard drive as the primary harddrive so I can take advantage of faster boot up times?

:)

AndrewS. Smith, Jan 18, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 18, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 18, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Need Help! Installing new harddrive into labtop, need steps and tips!

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Need Help! Installing new harddrive into labtop, need steps and tips! :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Need Help! Installing new harddrive into labtop, need steps and tips!

1. Need Help! Installing new harddrive into labtop, need steps and tips! - Similar Threads - Need Help Installing

2. Need step by step help with BSOD several types

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need step by step help with BSOD several types: Hi CommunityI experience BSOD way too often and has tried all the advice I could find online - but it keeps happening. From memory is has been Unexpected_Store_Exception, System service exception, critical process died.I tried to analyse the dump files - but cannot always...
  3. Need step by step help with BSOD several types

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need step by step help with BSOD several types: Hi CommunityI experience BSOD way too often and has tried all the advice I could find online - but it keeps happening. From memory is has been Unexpected_Store_Exception, System service exception, critical process died.I tried to analyse the dump files - but cannot always...
  4. Need help with a new windows 11 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with a new windows 11 install: Hello all, I just put together a new rig and am having a VERY strange issue that I cannot seem to fix.Games run fine 16,000 on 3DMark, Benchmarks runs fine, CrystalMark on my M.2 runs fine, memory test completes and says no problem, EVERYTHING seems fine, except when I try to...
  5. Need help with a new windows 11 install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with a new windows 11 install: Hello all, I just put together a new rig and am having a VERY strange issue that I cannot seem to fix.Games run fine 16,000 on 3DMark, Benchmarks runs fine, CrystalMark on my M.2 runs fine, memory test completes and says no problem, EVERYTHING seems fine, except when I try to...
  6. Help needed on installing new speakers on desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help needed on installing new speakers on desktop: Hello there I am running Windows 10 on a desktop. My existing speakers are about 10 years old and no longer work very well. I have bought new ones - Z150 Logitech. I have plugged them in as shown in the instructions and it is exactly the same as the old ones. When I try to...
  7. Installing windows on a tablet. Need tips for it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing windows on a tablet. Need tips for it: I have hp elitepad 1000 g2. The issue with it I can't start windows install because of touchscreen. My question would be possible to install windows 10? One solution would be to buy docking station but it alone cost 173€ which is more then tablet itself. I looked over for...
  8. BSOD on new installation need help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD on new installation need help.: bsod irql_not_less_or_equal , kmode_exception_not_handled wdf01000.sys After gaming for aprox.10-15min i get one of those bsods. After installation on new windows on new ssd Drivers are updated,windows are update.help submitted by /u/mihael87 [link] [comments]...
  9. Need Help in BitLocker deployment Step by Step

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need Help in BitLocker deployment Step by Step: Dear All, We are planning to deploy to deploy Windows 10 BitLocker in our organization. Could you please anyone help me with step by step deployment from the scratch. What are the requirement? How to setup BitLocker management server? What are the per-cautions and best...
  10. Secondary Harddrive Broke Need Serious Help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary Harddrive Broke Need Serious Help!: Windows 10 64bit fully updated...I have a 256GB SSD and 1TB Hard Drive...The 256GB SSD has the OS while I use the Hard Drive for Storage and Games that take a lot of space. This morning I turned on my computer to hear a funny sound...Like the discs of the Hard Drive were...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installation of pc harddrive steps