Windows 10: Need help installing video card

Discus and support Need help installing video card in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; HP Pavillion P7-1110, intel i-3, 8g ram, upgraded PSU to 430w, upgraded to latest win10 (v.1903), ACER SA-230 monitor. I recently felt the need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by metrognome, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Need help installing video card

HP Pavillion P7-1110, intel i-3, 8g ram, upgraded PSU to 430w, upgraded to latest win10 (v.1903), ACER SA-230 monitor.
    I recently felt the need to install a video card to speed up slow re-draws in a CAD program. I don't game.

Bought a GIGABYTE GEOFORCE GT-1030 from Amazon. Draws it's power from the PCI-E 16 pin slot'
    Power on fails and locks at HP's "press esc to enter setup". wtf?
    So,duh..I read the min requirements and my PSU is under powered (the reason for the PSU upgrade)

Tried changing output of card from HDMI to DVI-D with same results.
    OK..I got a bad card...returned to Amazon and got the same sent to me.
    Again same results.
    "F" this..went to BestBuy and bought a RADEON RX560.
    Again same results.
    googled..some say "disable existing video in device manager"...others say "don't do that, you'll lock yourself out forever"
    My question is, if I enter safe mode, disable existing driver, shut down, install Radeon again and power up, end up with same results, pull Radeon and go back to what worked prior to all this rigamarole, will Windows automatically re-start the dis-abled existing driver?
    Or will POST pass on to BIOS, which will then recognize the new card?
    Or will I have a boat anchor?
    In my attempts I've gotten to where I can see the P.O.S.T. results and feel that's where the computer stops.
    I tried installing the driver from the installation CD first before physical card install but it stops as there isn't a card installed.Some help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

metrognome, Jul 15, 2019

2. Dual video card laptops and Windows 10 upgrade

Hello,

From the description I understand that system is not switching to the fasted video card which is Radeon 7600.

I suggest you to uninstall the current video card from device manager and install Radeon 7600 manually and check if this helps.

To uninstall from device manager follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right click on the video driver and click on
      uninstall
    • Now install Radeon 7600 and check.

Write us back with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 15, 2019
  3. Fridgeman Win User
    Video Card Installation

Wanted to upgrade my old ATI 9000 series video card. Local electronic store suggested an
    ATI Radeon X1600Pro. Installed same could only get vertical color bars on screen. Reinstalled old 9000 and all worked okay. Returned to supplier and replaced with new card,
    exactly same symptoms. I feel it is unlikely that two cards are defective. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Fridgeman

Fridgeman, Jul 15, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Need help installing video card

No video after installing Windows10

Hi Adrain,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might be because of corrupted graphic drivers.

I suggest you to run the video troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • In the left pane click on View all
    • Select Video Playback.
    • Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers/display drivers from manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapter’.
    • Locate the display driver.
    • Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    If issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Please reply with status of the issue for further assistance.

Thanks.

Arul_D, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

Need help installing video card

1. Need help installing video card - Similar Threads - Need help installing

2. Graphic card need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphic card need help: My computer has a GeForce GTX 960 in but my pc only loads on when it is on Microsoft basic display adapter , and when I try download driver update my screen just goes black and help? I’ve been trying to fix it for so long, it’s annoying submitted by /u/OwenJxcob [link]...
  3. Help with this video card, Please.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Help with this video card, Please.: I have a GeForce 7600 GT OC video card that a friend gave me, to help with Dual Monitor capability on my computer (which is a Dell XPS 8500). In the event that additional info may help, I include it below:...
  4. Video Card Upgrade Advice Needed

Video Card Upgrade Advice Needed: I'm looking to upgrade my Video Card from my current GTX 960 for use with a new 43" 4k TV that I am using as a monitor at 1440p. Full 4k makes everything way to small for my old eyes to see. What I need advice on, since it's obviously been awhile since I've purchased a new...
  5. Need help on video quality

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help on video quality: When ever I watch videos, during dark scenes, there's these black splotchy-squares that appear with really bad detail. Is there a setting like contrast or something I need to tune to get rid of this? Doesn't do it when I game, just in cut-scenes and videos....
  6. I need a big help! Video card Error!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need a big help! Video card Error!: I gave the reinstall to Windows 10 and it gives me error to the video card and I do not know what to do... I used and DDU for the driver to make it go but it does not work... I got the driver from Nvidia on the site specifically for my video card but just going to change my...
  7. Trying to install new video card please help

Trying to install new video card please help: I've tried Tom's Hardware Forums to see if anyone can help me there so I'm going to you guys for help as well. Hello, I am in desperate need of some help a few days ago my mom bought a new printer and I installed it on to our PC The IdeaCentre 710. Then all of a sudden one...
  8. video card needs update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video card needs update: My screen saver will not work it says video card needs updating. Windows update says I am up to date. And Troubleshoot can not find a problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card-needs-update/182f43f4-7dab-4982-95d6-49a6a7f3c359
  9. Need a Video Card that supports DirectX 12

Need a Video Card that supports DirectX 12: I am running Win10 Insider Preview! There is Pre Release 3D program. When it starts it checks to see if you computer can run the 3D program! Mine passes all the requirements except DirectX 12. I tried searching all video cards but none mentions if it supports DirectX...
  10. Excuse my stupidity...Need help with PCI video card

Excuse my stupidity...Need help with PCI video card: Have ATI radeon 4870 PCI Express 2.0 X 16 Looking at... PNY Verto GeForce GT 730 1Gb PCI Express 2.0 X 16 PNY GeForce GT 1030 PCI Express 3.0 X 4 Are these two cards interchangable? Will the 3.0 X 4 fit/work in a 2.0 X 16 slot? 92244