Windows 10: Need help installing Windows 10 on freshly built machine

Discus and support Need help installing Windows 10 on freshly built machine in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just finished assembling my new PC but it keeps freezing when I try to install windows 10. It doesn't freeze in the BIOs and the furthest I've gotten... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/UndeadWaffle101, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Need help installing Windows 10 on freshly built machine

I just finished assembling my new PC but it keeps freezing when I try to install windows 10. It doesn't freeze in the BIOs and the furthest I've gotten is to the "enter activation key"

I've tried unplugging my GPU and using motherboard outputs, I've removed all sticks of RAM but 1 in the A1 slot so I only have 8GB, I've removed my second M.2 and everything is plugged in.

I tried using the Disk at first but that wasn't working so I took my old PC's DVD drive and still no luck. I even copied the files onto a USB and it's still freezing. I've underclocked the system and am running it at default settings. I've also tried installing the version provided by Microsoft on their website via the media center to try a different version and still no luck.

PLEASE NOTE WINDOWS IS NOT INSTALLED ANYWHERE ON THE DEVICE, I AM TRYING TO INSTALL IT ON THE SYSTEM SO I CAN GET INTO THE OS. I don't know how people don't understand that when I mentioned I just built this PC but thought I'd make it clear. I tried both the Disk and copying it all to a formatted USB and still no luck.

Also I know everyone is mentioning USB but I've been doing it old school with the ACTUAL WINDOWS DISK I know, so rare. The USB was a last resort option.

• Samsung 970 Evo plus 500GB
    • Intel 660p 2TB (removed)
    • 32GBs G.Skill RAM 3600 (8GBs in rn)
    • i7 9700k
    • 2080 Super (removed)
    • Gigabyte Aorus Plus Ultra Gaming WiFi 7
    • 750w Corsair 80+ Gold

Trying to install Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

submitted by /u/UndeadWaffle101
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/UndeadWaffle101, Nov 24, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Audio not working on a freshly built W10 PC?

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer this question to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the steps suggested below.

Fix sound problems

Also install all pending Windows updates in your PC. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Do let us know the status of the issue to assist you better. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Need help installing Windows 10 on freshly built machine

Delta6326, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Need help installing Windows 10 on freshly built machine

1. Need help installing Windows 10 on freshly built machine - Similar Threads - Need help installing

2. Need help with a newly built system, fresh windows 11 install, having consistent BSOD after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with a newly built system, fresh windows 11 install, having consistent BSOD after...: So, I assembled a new system about a week ago and have been trying to troubleshoot a BSOD issue that started from the first boot up. I am a hobbyist and have built a few other systems, but I've never run into issues like this before. I have been searching for and trying...
  3. Need help with a newly built system, fresh windows 11 install, havinging consistent BSOD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with a newly built system, fresh windows 11 install, havinging consistent BSOD...: So, I assembled a new system about a week ago and have been trying to troubleshoot a BSOD issue that started from the first boot up. I am a hobbyist and have built a few other systems, but I've never run into issues like this before. I have been searching for and trying...
  4. Help with fresh windows 10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with fresh windows 10 install: As you can see in my fresh install of windows 10, My display is showing 2 graphics cards. I am not sure if my pc is using the GeForce card. Shouldn't it only be having the GeForce on here? I tried to disable to Intel HD Graphics card, but then my display looks like ****...
  5. Need help with windows 10 install on older machine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with windows 10 install on older machine.: I’m trying to get windows 10 64bit installed on a pretty old system. I’m able to get the 32bit version running fine but when I try to install the 64bit it doesn’t get passed the bios boot screen. This was an old video editing system so the specs were solid for its time. Dual...
  6. Need help on a fresh install of windows on and SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help on a fresh install of windows on and SSD: Hi Reddit, This is my first post. Guess I'll be Stuck here forever! Currently upgrading my girlfriend's laptop from a HDD to SSD. Hers is an Acer laptop where mine is an old Sony vaio (use for engineering) where I already completed a windows install myself. My question is...
  7. machine check exception windows 10 fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    machine check exception windows 10 fresh install: Hello I just bought new parts for my pc all of them are new What is Disappointing me I got Blue Screen machine check exception when 1- copy large files 2 - let the pc un use freeze then blue screen 3- watching a video on YouTube 4- Reading online article 5-...
  8. I need help with fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help with fresh install: My computer was not running my games well, so i tried installing new drivers. (I have a Gtx 970) The driver completely messed up my native resolution from 1600x900 to 1600x1200. I went into device manager and uninstalled the driver, and restarted so i could get the default...
  9. Need help with fresh windows 10 install on newly built pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help with fresh windows 10 install on newly built pc: My son and I have built pc with intel 8700k i7 cpu, gigabyte gaming 5 z370 mobo, samsung 970 nvme ssd (m.2), team t force 16 gb x 2 ddr4 ram, gibabyte ti1070 gpu and have fresh windows 10 usb flash drive with activation code for install. We powered on and got initial windows...
  10. Need help bad...fresh install Windows 10 but worried!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help bad...fresh install Windows 10 but worried!!!: Ok guys here is where I am at. Everything is running good on Windows 10. Except I have this itching uncomfortable feeling of excess baggage that my PC is carring and not needed because I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 instead of starting fresh and doing a clean install...