Windows 10: Need Help: Issue with language/font

Discus and support Need Help: Issue with language/font in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Recently, I noticed that English text is being shown with Greek fonts. Especially I noticed it with gimp (windows app) and atlassian... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/astrokiran, May 1, 2023.

1. Need Help: Issue with language/font

Need Help: Issue with language/font 64YY6DuKe0kL9BvNMcKbnx1YTIUynwhRq2oU71FWGX0.jpg

Recently, I noticed that English text is being shown with Greek fonts. Especially I noticed it with gimp (windows app) and atlassian documentation (web). I think it has something to do with system font. Which I was unable to fix through changing regional settings at system level, and changing language in browser and gimp. I have attached screenshot to show what I mean. Thank you of you can help fix this.

submitted by /u/astrokiran
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/astrokiran, May 1, 2023

2. Changing my own language font

Hi,

From the screen shot it seems you are using Google chrome to change the language font Which is downloaded from the internet. So, I suggest you to contact chrome support for further assistance.

If you are using Internet Explorer, please follow the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on Internet options.
    • Click on fonts.
    • you can change the font as desired.

Please post back with the updated status regarding changing font, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 1, 2023
  3. Arabic language font problem

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to remove the language pack, download the language pack and set it as default and check for status.

To remove the language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Select the language and click on Remove.

To add a language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Click on Add language.
    • Select the language from the list, download and set as default.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 1, 2023
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Need Help: Issue with language/font

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, May 1, 2023
Thema:

Need Help: Issue with language/font

1. Need Help: Issue with language/font - Similar Threads - Need Help Issue

2. Need help installing a .ps font

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help installing a .ps font: Hi all, I'm trying to get a postscript font installed on a new Win10 laptop, and can't figure it out. Acrobat Distiller opens and runs something... but no font install. The file is named Colossais-Bold.ps Any help would be appreciated. submitted by /u/RatFink_0123...
  3. Need Script for fonts Chinese language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Script for fonts Chinese language: I am using English Windows , but my job required to work with a lot of Chinese websites and app, and i am not native Chinese . For Android i have found a very helpful way is change the entire android font system/theme , so where there is Chinese characters it will display...
  4. Need Script for fonts Chinese language

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need Script for fonts Chinese language: I am using English Windows , but my job required to work with a lot of Chinese websites and app, and i am not native Chinese . For Android i have found a very helpful way is change the entire android font system/theme , so where there is Chinese characters it will display...
  5. Is this font normal? NEED HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this font normal? NEED HELP: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CowWrangle [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eg193m/is_this_font_normal_need_help/
  6. I need help to use Sanskrit and Marathi language fonts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need help to use Sanskrit and Marathi language fonts: Hi, I'm getting this error message when trying to replace an existing file. It reads: C:\Windows\fonts\paitur.ttf An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file. What could you do to help? Malcolm Nazareth...
  7. Need help with languages settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with languages settings: Hi, When I left click the Language notification icon on the task bar, it shows me 3 languages: 1. EN – English (United States) – US Keyboard 2. FRA – French (Canada) – Canadian Multilingual Standard Keyboard 3. EN – English (Canada) – US Keyboard...
  8. Language and Font Settings

Language and Font Settings: Yesterday I added a chinese langauge in order for me to input text in Chinese.  My default font type/size/spacing suddenly has been changed by itself some how and I could not revert it back to previous ARIAL font. ...
  9. Need help with keyboard language.

Need help with keyboard language.: I'm having an issue with my Windows 10 keyboard languages. Before installing the 1803 upgrade I had two languages set: Greek and UK English. I did the upgrade and suddenly I have US English along with the other two languages. I tried to remove the US and it didn't let...
  10. Need help changing the font in the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help changing the font in the Taskbar: After installing some fonts, I noticed that the time in the taskbar does not display the colon correctly, making it very hard to read. I sense I overwrote the default font that came factory installed. Is there a way to change it to something else without doing anything...