Windows 10: NEED HELP locating the registry entry for the start menu programs, I did it before I just...

Discus and support NEED HELP locating the registry entry for the start menu programs, I did it before I just... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/gsi92peeuvj61.png?width=553&format=png&auto=webp&s=d9bd581538ded08314aff78626d28d6d8f3efab8 submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Keanupy, Feb 26, 2021.

1. NEED HELP locating the registry entry for the start menu programs, I did it before I just...

/u/Keanupy, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

NEED HELP locating the registry entry for the start menu programs, I did it before I just...

1. NEED HELP locating the registry entry for the start menu programs, I did it before I just... - Similar Threads - NEED HELP locating

2. Sketchy Programs that I did not see before

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sketchy Programs that I did not see before: [ATTACH] In the screenshot here, I see newly installed programs from today and I downloaded two to four programs into my computer for gaming but changed my mind so now I'm wondering if I should trust the C++ programs or not. Because these occurred on the same date as the...
  3. "Open With" menu - registry entries mysterious

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Open With" menu - registry entries mysterious: I got tired of seeing an old version of Adobe Audition in my "Open With" menu for .wav files, so I tried to go to the registry to delete it. But the registry entries are really weird. Here is a screenshot of the Open With menu overlaid with regedit showing the relevant keys...
  4. Cipher Program - Need to understand what I just did

in Windows 10 Support
    Cipher Program - Need to understand what I just did: I was reading an article that stated that Windows has a built-in tool called Cipher to delete files. Being curious, I typed "cipher" into my search on the lower right hand corner and executed the program, thinking that I would be prompted for more particulars. Instead, Cipher...
  5. Holographic entry in Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Holographic entry in Start menu: After updating to W10 1903, I noticed I have an entry for something called Holographic (below Xbox in picture). If I click the entry, nothing opens and a DistributedCom Error 10001 is logged in Events log. Searches for Holographic tell me this thing is related to Mixed...
  6. Registry entry to enable non-local shortcuts to be pinned to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry entry to enable non-local shortcuts to be pinned to the start menu?: Is there a registry entry that will allow shortcuts that point to something that is not on the C:\ drive to be pinned to the start menu? I am aware of the workarounds like changing the properties of a local shortcut once it's pinned. I'm doing this in large scale, so that...
  7. Need help removing "ghost" programs from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help removing "ghost" programs from Start Menu: Hi! New member... Now that that's done, I know the title gives me no justice but I don't know what else to call it... Basically I recently repaired my old Win10 OS with a new Win10 iso. Everything worked like a charm except for one thing... I now have program icons from the...
  8. "your PC did not start correctly", I need help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "your PC did not start correctly", I need help: I think this happened because I deleted mouse driver, but I don't know exactly. Basically im stuck in automatic repair tool boot loop. Ive tryed Every option possable, everyone ending with some sort of error at stops it from working! Ive even made a boot usb with the media...
  9. Need to find GOM jump list registry entry/file location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to find GOM jump list registry entry/file location: I have my old OS drive connected to a new drive and clean install. I'd like my GOM jumplist history back. Where is it located please? Google has failed me *Confused TIA 117202
  10. Duplicate Start Menu Entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Start Menu Entries: After performing a "reset PC" last night and installing (some) of my programs, I noticed the start menu has duplicate entries for some of them. [img] In addition to Evernote, the other programs with double entries are Malwarebytes and ShareX. Both entries (for each...