Windows 10: need help logging on to windows/ the other user

Discus and support need help logging on to windows/ the other user in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello i have been having some bad luck with my laptop after updating to windows 10, i have finshed updating it and now im on the log on screen and now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by XKingLordX, Jul 31, 2015.

1. need help logging on to windows/ the other user

hello i have been having some bad luck with my laptop after updating to windows 10, i have finshed updating it and now im on the log on screen and now every time i try to but my log in it does not work, does anyone know about if you do how do i fix. if you dont under stand i well put it in slowly

1. im on the log on screen

2. i try to log in

3. fails to log in "the user name or passowrd is incorrect. try again"

4. i know its right but is playing up on me plz email me if you know how to fix

Thank you. NOT YET FIXED

:)

XKingLordX, Jul 31, 2015

2. Other users logged on??

Hi Tim,

Some settings may have to be changed in order to resolve the "other user still logged in" issue. Kindly refer to the helpful post of Mafubu by accessing the link provided below. The post has been very helpful to a lot of Community members who experienced
    the same concern. Click the link to begin the troubleshooting procedure.

Users not signed out on shutdown or restart - Fall Creators Update

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Tim T1983 Win User
    Other users logged on??

My computer has 2 accounts, one for me and another for my wife. However, when I know I have been the only person to log on to this computer all day, when I go to shut the computer down, it says "someone else is logged in...." when I know that is not true.
    What is going on? Starting to panic a little bit about the security of my computer. My anti-virus has not detected anything either. Help!!

Tim T1983, Jul 31, 2015
  4. need help logging on to windows/ the other user

Hi and Welcome to TenForums,

When someone can offer help they will post it here, you are best off removing your email address from your post.

Regards,
    Jamie

JDobbsy1987, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Rudy Mas Win User
    After typing in your password, did you check if it was right. (Eye icon)

I just ask this, because I don't know from which country you are from. Maybe you have a different key layout.

Rudy Mas, Jul 31, 2015
  6. its all right the password and user name its just not working

XKingLordX, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Rudy Mas Win User
    Do you use a local account or a Microsoft login account.

Rudy Mas, Jul 31, 2015
  8. need help logging on to windows/ the other user

don't know but i tried both. i had windows 8.1 and that should be the same

XKingLordX, Jul 31, 2015
  9. and i did reset my laptop.

i have a microsoft account but that is not logging in

XKingLordX, Jul 31, 2015
  10. Rudy Mas Win User
    You can always check your login at www.live.com. If this works, you should be able to login with it on your Win10 system.

The only other thing I can think about, is maybe that you don't have a network/internet connection on that particular system. I never had this problem, so I don't know if you need to have an internet connection the first time you logon with your Microsoft account, but I assume it has to check your settings somewhere before it accepts you login in this way.

Rudy Mas, Jul 31, 2015
  11. ok can you tell me this.

do i need internet to sign in

do i use my microsoft account. (Xbox one account or just the microsoft account)

XKingLordX, Jul 31, 2015
  12. Rudy Mas Win User
    I think you need to logon with your Microsoft account. (I don't have a Xbox account, so I can't be sure about this.)

If you have never logged on before on this particular system, you do need an Internet connection. Afterwards, it isn't a problem.

You could always use the utilman.exe trick to force your way into your system. (Google is your best friend here. *Smile)

Rudy Mas, Jul 31, 2015
  13. Rudy Mas Win User

need help logging on to windows/ the other user

Rudy Mas, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

need help logging on to windows/ the other user

1. need help logging on to windows/ the other user - Similar Threads - need help logging

2. Other User Log In Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other User Log In Screen: Hello, I edited the registry Windows 10 Home OS in order to remove the previous owner's name from the log in screen. The registry edit worked but I regret doing it. The laptop has a Celeron chip and literally took hours for the computer to complete the task. Even worse, now...
  3. Other User Log In Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other User Log In Screen: Hello, I edited the registry Windows 10 Home OS in order to remove the previous owner's name from the log in screen. The registry edit worked. But big mistake. It has a Celeron chip and literally took hours for the computer to just get back to a log in screen. Even worse, now...
  4. Need Help Logging In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help Logging In: Im Trying To Log In the Microsoft Store. Every time i click "Sign In". A Rectangle Flashes 1 time. How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-logging-in/f5fcbbe5-7a55-4016-91cd-14cf892ae395
  5. other users logged in, when there are no other users

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    other users logged in, when there are no other users: Computer is being very slow. So i was removing an unused program via the control panel and it told me that there were other users logged in. This is a personal device and there are no other users. I checked the C:/Users folder and there are several there: Allison...
  6. Other users not able to log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Other users not able to log in: I recently reset Windows 10 on this PC, removing all files. I believe that is not relevant to this problem. Come to think of it I did a clean install using a USB drive. Currently: Windows 10 Pro, 20H2, 19042.685 I am able to log in to my Microsoft User account, set to admin...
  7. Need help logging in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need help logging in: I have a finger print reader. My child tried to log in with the fingerprint reader three times so now it wants a bit locker recovery key. I don't have one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-logging-in/12f7d717-b466-41cc-8466-a5509636b265
  8. Logging in as Other User in domain

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging in as Other User in domain: My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal. My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues -...
  9. OTHER USER log in problems

OTHER USER log in problems: Good day! I have my problem on my PC.. It's windows 10 and I clean and scan it to remove any virus. After that it requires to restart my PC, so I did. But when it comes to log in menu, I didn't see my account, OTHER USER which is I don't know the user and pass. And it...
  10. Other User log in problem

Other User log in problem: I decided to reset my computer and put it back to windows 8, everything went well except for the fact that this "other user" log in page popped up. I tried everything but it kept saying wrong password or wrong username. If anyone has any solution it would be very helpful....