Windows 10: need help logging on to windows/ the other user

Discus and support need help logging on to windows/ the other user in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello i have been having some bad luck with my laptop after updating to windows 10, i have finshed updating it and now im on the log on screen and now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by XKingLordX, Jul 31, 2015.

1. XKingLordX Win User

need help logging on to windows/ the other user

hello i have been having some bad luck with my laptop after updating to windows 10, i have finshed updating it and now im on the log on screen and now every time i try to but my log in it does not work, does anyone know about if you do how do i fix. if you dont under stand i well put it in slowly

1. im on the log on screen

2. i try to log in

3. fails to log in "the user name or passowrd is incorrect. try again"

4. i know its right but is playing up on me plz email me if you know how to fix

Thank you. NOT YET FIXED

:)

XKingLordX, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Jesrael Bor Win User

Other users logged on??

Hi Tim,

Some settings may have to be changed in order to resolve the "other user still logged in" issue. Kindly refer to the helpful post of Mafubu by accessing the link provided below. The post has been very helpful to a lot of Community members who experienced
    the same concern. Click the link to begin the troubleshooting procedure.

Users not signed out on shutdown or restart - Fall Creators Update

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Tim T1983 Win User
    Other users logged on??

My computer has 2 accounts, one for me and another for my wife. However, when I know I have been the only person to log on to this computer all day, when I go to shut the computer down, it says "someone else is logged in...." when I know that is not true.
    What is going on? Starting to panic a little bit about the security of my computer. My anti-virus has not detected anything either. Help!!

Tim T1983, Jul 31, 2015
  4. JDobbsy1987 Win User

Hi and Welcome to TenForums,

When someone can offer help they will post it here, you are best off removing your email address from your post.

Regards,
    Jamie

JDobbsy1987, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Rudy Mas Win User
    After typing in your password, did you check if it was right. (Eye icon)

I just ask this, because I don't know from which country you are from. Maybe you have a different key layout.

Rudy Mas, Jul 31, 2015
  6. XKingLordX Win User
    its all right the password and user name its just not working

XKingLordX, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Rudy Mas Win User
    Do you use a local account or a Microsoft login account.

Rudy Mas, Jul 31, 2015
  8. XKingLordX Win User

don't know but i tried both. i had windows 8.1 and that should be the same

XKingLordX, Jul 31, 2015
  9. XKingLordX Win User
    and i did reset my laptop.

i have a microsoft account but that is not logging in

XKingLordX, Jul 31, 2015
  10. Rudy Mas Win User
    You can always check your login at www.live.com. If this works, you should be able to login with it on your Win10 system.

The only other thing I can think about, is maybe that you don't have a network/internet connection on that particular system. I never had this problem, so I don't know if you need to have an internet connection the first time you logon with your Microsoft account, but I assume it has to check your settings somewhere before it accepts you login in this way.

Rudy Mas, Jul 31, 2015
  11. XKingLordX Win User
    ok can you tell me this.

do i need internet to sign in

do i use my microsoft account. (Xbox one account or just the microsoft account)

XKingLordX, Jul 31, 2015
  12. Rudy Mas Win User
    I think you need to logon with your Microsoft account. (I don't have a Xbox account, so I can't be sure about this.)

If you have never logged on before on this particular system, you do need an Internet connection. Afterwards, it isn't a problem.

You could always use the utilman.exe trick to force your way into your system. (Google is your best friend here. *Smile)

Rudy Mas, Jul 31, 2015
  13. Rudy Mas Win User

Rudy Mas, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. need help logging on to windows/ the other user - Similar Threads - need help logging

2. log in screen doesn't have other user option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    log in screen doesn't have other user option: I have a Dell that my son set up and used, and now it is mine to use. He got another computer. But when I try to log on, the start up screen only has Matthew as the user, and no option to change to other user. Please advise...
  3. Need help with Windows 10 options for new user

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with Windows 10 options for new user: I am still using Windows 7 SP 1 with IE 11. I would like to know if it is true that Windows 10 will have no Media Player, no PAINT option, no email client without a subscription to Office 365? Thank you, TomS 117593
  4. Logging in as Other User in domain

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging in as Other User in domain: My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal. My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues -...
  5. when i log off windows says other user logged in may los...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    when i log off windows says other user logged in may los...: so I really don't no whether this is a sign of a virus or not (I really don't know a lot about these things) but a few things: -when I logged off (to shut down) from my only account it said warning other users logged in my lose their work! -the terminal flash on the screen...
  6. Trouble logging into iCloud. Need help!

in Browsers and Email
    Trouble logging into iCloud. Need help!: Administrators: I hope I put this post in the proper location but feel free to relocate if needed. I have an iCloud email account but can't login to it on my PC. I never get to the password screen as it only gets to that blue screen with the endless spinning wheel. Odd,...
  7. OTHER USER log in problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    OTHER USER log in problems: Good day! I have my problem on my PC.. It's windows 10 and I clean and scan it to remove any virus. After that it requires to restart my PC, so I did. But when it comes to log in menu, I didn't see my account, OTHER USER which is I don't know the user and pass. And it...
  8. Other User log in problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Other User log in problem: I decided to reset my computer and put it back to windows 8, everything went well except for the fact that this "other user" log in page popped up. I tried everything but it kept saying wrong password or wrong username. If anyone has any solution it would be very helpful....
  9. Need the same user experience regardless of user logged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need the same user experience regardless of user logged in: I am trying to set up a few windows 10 PC's that will have different users logged in at times. I am wanting to uninstall all the unnecessary apps, such as 3D Builder, Code Writer, Eclipse Manager etc. for all users without having to go in the first time they each log in to...
  10. Need help reading CBS log Entrys

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need help reading CBS log Entrys: After installing Win 10, I decided to run sfc /scannow, funny thing is why do you end up with the message about it finding corrupt files after installing a fresh copy of Win 10? Anyway, I started to look at the CBS file that was created and found the following entries:...