Windows 10: NEED HELP Lost all Documents

Discus and support NEED HELP Lost all Documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a lenovo ideapad S405 with Microsoft Windows. My last update was July 21st 2021, Everything was fine. Last known time computer was logged into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kendrastaab, Aug 16, 2021.

1. NEED HELP Lost all Documents

I have a lenovo ideapad S405 with Microsoft Windows. My last update was July 21st 2021, Everything was fine. Last known time computer was logged into August 2nd 2021, All was well. I had Windows 10. I logged on August 16th 2021, I notice desktop looks like Windows 8 and fewer apps on desktop, and generic windows background? I go to search bar and notice this does not include all apps i had prior to this. I go to my documents; the folder is empty, my downloads; the folder is empty; this computer, my music, my photos, most all wiped... I go to my Recycle Bin, only a handful of items here. I try

:)

kendrastaab, Aug 16, 2021

2. Lost Word documents

Hi LornaRadke,

Firs check your recycle bin folder probably you can find your lost file there. If not found there then try another way of searching your lost documents file by their name in the search box.

Still not found, then apply these manual steps: Open MS Word > click the File Tab > Click Manage Document >select Recover Unsaved Documents from the drop-down
    list > Check for your missing file in the dialog box >Open the recovered Word document > click the Save As button in the top banner.

Probably you will find your lost documents on this list.

Finally if not shows there then try the last alternative option i.e. third party free data recovery programs like Recuva, stellar data recovery free edition, recoverit, etc. These utility programs completely free and can help you to recover your lost
    files. You can try your luck. Thanks

SandraMcgray, Aug 16, 2021
  3. Lost documents after Windows update.

Here are two suggestions:

• Have a look in the folder C:\Windows.old\Users\MjKoval\Documents.
    Implement a robust backup scheme. If you have very important documents then they must be stored on two independent media.
    Do not wait until they are lost.

Frederik Long, Aug 16, 2021
  4. NEED HELP Lost all Documents

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 16, 2021
Thema:

NEED HELP Lost all Documents

1. NEED HELP Lost all Documents - Similar Threads - NEED HELP Lost

2. Lost partition - Need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost partition - Need help: Hello good people,I did a fresh Windows 11 installation and now I have a problem where my SSD is devided into 4 partitions but only 2 are in use.I was looking on Google for solution, but everything I found was connected to EaseUS program and they want me to pay for a plan...
  3. Lost partition - Need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost partition - Need help: Hello good people,I did a fresh Windows 11 installation and now I have a problem where my SSD is devided into 4 partitions but only 2 are in use.I was looking on Google for solution, but everything I found was connected to EaseUS program and they want me to pay for a plan...
  4. I need help recovering a lost document after restarting my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help recovering a lost document after restarting my computer: I had an open microsoft word document I have been working on - - I restarted my computer and the document is totally gone and I can’t find it. I didn’t save it so I am wondering if it is just gone....
  5. I need help recovering a lost document after restarting my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help recovering a lost document after restarting my computer: I had an open microsoft word document I have been working on - - I restarted my computer and the document is totally gone and I can’t find it. I didn’t save it so I am wondering if it is just gone....
  6. need help with a pdf document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need help with a pdf document: hi i have some documents that need to be filled on my lapto. i am unable to type on personal forms. how am i able to type on actual document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-a-pdf-document/08b90113-92d2-492d-9e7a-d340ebef5350
  7. All Documents lost

All Documents lost: I have lost all my documents after your last update and I need my resume ASAP I don't understand your last instructions and I am so unhappy with Microsoft but I have to use it. It use to be user friendly but not anymore. I want my documents back on my computer! I am not a...
  8. Need help recovering documents

Need help recovering documents: Hi! so earlier today around 2-3 am my laptop froze then proceeded to shut down. I then turned it on again and logged in but I noticed all my data and documents were deleted, I haven’t been able to find them and when I try to open up apps they wont load or open at all! Sorry...
  9. Lost all my documents after an update

Lost all my documents after an update: I was with tech support yesterday and he did an update to fix my problems, which didn't work, and I lost all my documents. I did a "restore to earlier date" and they are still missing. How do I get them back?...
  10. All Files within My Documents lost

in Windows 10 Support
    All Files within My Documents lost: After a recent upgrade to Windows 10 pro I lost all my files within my documents The funny thing is that all files within my pictures and video, music were not affected. Has anyone else experienced this or knows what to do? 34534