Windows 10: Need help: Mail App on Windows 10: Open email in a new window by default double click

Discus and support Need help: Mail App on Windows 10: Open email in a new window by default double click in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I need your help. I using Mail-app on Windows 10. I know that it is possible to open an email with the right icon. But this is not so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anubis2503, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Need help: Mail App on Windows 10: Open email in a new window by default double click

Hello,

I need your help. I using Mail-app on Windows 10.

I know that it is possible to open an email with the right icon. But this is not so comfortable in my opinion.

I would like to simple click ENTER or double-click on an email to open it in fullscreen in a new window, just like on Outlook.

How can I change this in settings? Is already possible or not?

Thank you in advance.

:)

Anubis2503, Apr 3, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 mail app - double click to open

Hi.

Recently I tried Windows 10 built-in mail app.

I'm looking for two options:

• Double clicking on an email will open it in a new window (currently double click hide/unhide the email in preview pane)
    • Hiding email preview pane permanently

Thanks in advance!

JohnDope(2), Apr 3, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Need help: Mail App on Windows 10: Open email in a new window by default double click

Default Mail Client

Scenario 1

Possibly, whatever he/she used to access their email, that client asked if they wanted to make it default and you are not setup in that to send or receive email.

Look through your email client settings and make your default or, if, you are using Windows.
    See here:
    Change the default e‑mail program
    and
    How To Change Default Email Client

Or, you can try to re-install the email client/app.

Scenario 2

You are saying you had to Dban your desktop; I will assume you wiped your drive and re-installed the O/S and apps. If this is the case you will need to setup your email, again... make sure you have used the proper settings for your email provider (incoming and out going server addresses, ports, pop3, SMTP, SSL and security settings, passwords, log-ins, etc.).
    If you overlook one little item, you may receive (or not) mail, but the server may reject your sent mail.

Goto the providers site and look instructions on setting up different email apps.

It would have helped, if, you would have stated what O/S, email client, and provider you are asking about.

95Viper, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Need help: Mail App on Windows 10: Open email in a new window by default double click

1. Need help: Mail App on Windows 10: Open email in a new window by default double click - Similar Threads - Need help Mail

2. Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window: It's an annoying and wired problem that I couldn't solve even with reinstalling the Windows, which when I click on a folder, the folders will be open in a new window sometimes...Note it doesn't happen always!I'm not sure if this happens with an update on Windows 10 or not. I...
  3. Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window: It's an annoying and wired problem that I couldn't solve even with reinstalling the Windows, which when I click on a folder, the folders will be open in a new window sometimes...Note it doesn't happen always!I'm not sure if this happens with an update on Windows 10 or not. I...
  4. Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. default mail app keeps opening a new window

in Windows 10 Customization
    default mail app keeps opening a new window: I got frustrated with the windows 10 mail app relentlessly opening a window of it's own accord so I uninstalled it as I use outlook. Then I got a dialogue box asking me which program I wanted to use presumably it's an email notification so I picked outlook. Now outlook is...
  6. apps won't open by double clicking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    apps won't open by double clicking: Apps on my desktop won't open when I double click on them. This is happening on both of my desktops. I'm wondering if it has something to do with a recent upgrade from windows....
  7. windows 10 mail: Need help to set unread mails as default

in Browsers and Email
    windows 10 mail: Need help to set unread mails as default: Hi all, For the first time I'm using W10 (ver 1909) Mail instead of other email clients. It was very easy to setup Outlook accounts but what puzzles me is how to set "unread mails" as default instead of the current "show all items in folder." Any help on this matter will be...
  8. Help i made mail client default open with when click on mail link

in Browsers and Email
    Help i made mail client default open with when click on mail link: Help how do i change this back as i inadvertently clicked the box that popped up and forgot to uncheck make default open with for all email links, now when i click on a link it opens mail on win ten, how to change that help appreciated please. 18408
  9. Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10: How to: Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10 How to Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10 You can set Windows to open an item when you single-click/tap or double-click/tap on it. The single-click option allows you to open...
  10. Double click folder opens new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Double click folder opens new folder: I have a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro and for some reason when I double click a folder, it opens a new folder. Also the the folders that show in the left side pane, if I click on eg music, it opens a new folder. I have 2 drives and when I open a folder from each and...