Windows 10: Need help making Windows script repeat!

Discus and support Need help making Windows script repeat! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys. I need help with setting a script which will run on startup using Windows' in built Task Scheduler. Script (.bat) file should turn off my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dedq, Oct 17, 2020.

1. dedq Win User

Need help making Windows script repeat!

Hello guys. I need help with setting a script which will run on startup using Windows' in built Task Scheduler.
    Script (.bat) file should turn off my PC if I turn it on from midnight to 6AM. That is to prevent me from playing video games at night.
    I only see the option to make script repeat to next day (for example, to turn off the PC when I log in from midnight to 6AM until 18th of October). Is there a way to make a script work for every day so I don't have to always set it today for tomorrow.

Thank you in advance!

:)

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 17, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Need Help With Simple AutoHotKey Script

Hi all, I'm trying to make a "simple" script but having some problems. I say "simple" because I've never done this before, but it's probably simple for someone more familiar. Basically, I want to make it where when I hold the right mouse button down, instead of right clicking it continuously Shift+Right Clicks (This is for a game).

I came up with this:

RButton::Send +{Click, Right}

Which basically does what I want only I can't hold down the mouse button to continuously repeat the script. I'm not looking for anything automated, and would like to have it only do this while I hold the mouse button down, and stop when I let go.

A friend of mine came up with this for me, which is almost perfect but for some reason in the game it causes the character to stutter step in between casts of the spell (Path of Exile). The character will cast the spell, stutter step forward, then cast again. The normal behavior in the game of holding Shift and casting a spell will keep you in place and not moving, which is what I'm looking for. He came up with this:

#IfWinActive Path of Exile
    RButton::
    loop
    {
    GetKeyState, RButtonState, RButton, P
    if (RButtonState = "U") {
    send +{RButton up}
    break
    } else {
    send +{RButton down}
    sleep, 10
    }
    }
    #IfWinActive

Is anyone here familiar with creating scripts/macros that can possibly tweak this to make it behave like I'd like it to? He suggested removing the sleep line, which I tried and it didn't change the behavior.

Edit: Issue resolved, the following worked great:

#IfWinActive Path of Exile
    *rbutton::Send {shift Down}{rbutton down}
    *rbutton Up::Send {shift Up}{rbutton up}

CK011885, Oct 17, 2020
  4. mbmeadows Win User

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Need help making Windows script repeat! - Similar Threads - Need help making

2. Need help on batch script to shutdown computers from list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help on batch script to shutdown computers from list: Hi, I would need help to write a bat file to shutdown all the computers listed in the text file. Can someone help me please?This script will extract the list of computers name from the text file and loop to shutdown each computer....
  3. Help with Windows script

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with Windows script: I use Windows scheduler to run BAT files using the "At startup" option. Is it possible to insert some script into the BAT file that will prevent it from running on weekends? If not, is there some way to accomplish this while still being able to run at startup the rest of...
  4. 1- how do I make a script to turn WiFi off. 2 - how do I make a script repeat? 3 how do I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1- how do I make a script to turn WiFi off. 2 - how do I make a script repeat? 3 how do I...: How do I make a batch file for this.I'm running windows 10. Could you give EXTREMELY SIMPLE step by step instructions. Also what if I wanted I wanted to stop this. What would I do then? Finally could you make the instructions numbered, so 1- answers question 1(script to turn...
  5. How do I make a script repeat. Also how do I add a pause in a script.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make a script repeat. Also how do I add a pause in a script.: How do I make a script repeat? How do I add a pause in a script. Please keep it very simple, I am not experienced at this submitted by /u/snoodnodge1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hrtk6j/how_do_i_make_a_script_repeat_also_how_do_i_add_a/
  6. Need help with repeated bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with repeated bsod: I have collected the minidumps, sysinfo and system specs in a google drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-repeated-bsod/2a1d0ae4-7f34-4bb9-9476-596dfa326dea
  7. Repeated BSODs, need help with minidump files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated BSODs, need help with minidump files: My computer has been BSODing repeatedly, sometimes multiple times a day, for a while now. I have updated all system files and drivers that I can, still experiencing these errors. The computer is still under warranty, so I'm hoping I can find out what the issue is and get it...
  8. Unwanted Apps in Start, Need help with script

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted Apps in Start, Need help with script: I Created a few scripts that removes all bloat preinstalled and unpins everything, but some items remain... .Having trouble to create a script that will "uninstall / unpin" the following apps listed below from start Candy Crush Soda Saga Disney Magic Kingdoms Bubble Witch...
  9. Help needed writing batch script!

in Windows 10 Support
    Help needed writing batch script!: Firstly thank you for even clicking on this thread as I understand that this probably isn't meant to be here. The scenario is that I'm trying to write a script that incorporates the result of a ping to an IP and then based on the result do different things. Here is an...
  10. Need help Dual booting Windows 10 and WinPE via script

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help Dual booting Windows 10 and WinPE via script: Hi all, I am trying to dual boot Windows 10 and WinPE, but have it all setup through an automated process using a Batch script. This is my diskpart script: Code: select disk 0 clean convert GPT rem === 1. Create the EFI system partition === create partition EFI...