Windows 10: Need help moving bootloader/windows boot manager from HDD to SSD

Discus and support Need help moving bootloader/windows boot manager from HDD to SSD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I need help moving the bootloader/windows boot manager to my SSD. My HDD got corrupt but I cannot remove it or I cannot boot Windows without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by poidesu, Mar 5, 2020.

1. poidesu Win User

Need help moving bootloader/windows boot manager from HDD to SSD

Hello. I need help moving the bootloader/windows boot manager to my SSD.

My HDD got corrupt but I cannot remove it or I cannot boot Windows without it.

I have tried following this thread but it doesn't work. I have a problem assigning a letter to the EFI System Partition as the option is grayed out.
    I want to move windows boot manager from HDD to SSD

I have tried everything and I need some help regarding this. Thank you!

:)

poidesu, Mar 5, 2020
  2. kekonyan Win User

Install Windows on SSD with bootloader on HDD

I have Dell Inspiron 7566 with built-in Toshiba HDD which had three partitions: C:/ for Windows 10 , U:/ for Ubuntu 18.04 and D:/ for other stuff. Ubuntu was installed in UEFI mode and on every boot computer loaded to GRUB and asked which system it should
    start.

Recently I acquired Samsung Evo 970 SSD and managed to move Windows to new drive (with two partitions, Windows at X:/ and other data on Z:/).

Maintaining three partitions on HDD became pointless, and I decided to merge C and D in one ~900gb partition, but at some point disk management program (I believe it was Easeus product, can't remember now) said that if I want to extend C it should be converted
    to dynamic disk and computer won't be able to boot from this disk. I was sure that boot partition migrated to SSD with Windows as well and clicked continue, than formated this new partition. After rebooting, computer refused to start and redirected me to UEFI
    menu. Trying to repair Windows bootloader, I deleted GRUB and, in fact, neither drive has bootloader now.

So, I ejected HDD in order to install Windows fully on SSD, but Windows Setup said that it has GPT partition style. Googling gives the point that MBR is simply outdated and slow relating to GPT.

Is it possible to somehow install bootloader on HDD and OS itself on SSD without installation OS on HDD?

kekonyan, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Moving or creating Bootloader

When you install Windows on the SSD while the HDD is disconnected then the installation process will make the SSD bootable. Installing a boot loader retrospectively is a complex process that requires extensive experience at the command prompt.

Frederik Long, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Need help moving bootloader/windows boot manager from HDD to SSD

Moving or creating Bootloader

Hi,

I instaled Windows on my SSD and my Bootloader is on HDD and when i want to start Windows without HDD it says that there is no OS, so I need to create or move Bootloader on SSD and idk how to do that...

MartinSurovec, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Need help moving bootloader/windows boot manager from HDD to SSD

1. Need help moving bootloader/windows boot manager from HDD to SSD - Similar Threads - Need help moving

2. Switching Windows Boot Manager from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching Windows Boot Manager from HDD to SSD: Hey all, I am Dizah. I recently upgraded my computer with a V-GEN SSD, I installed it properly and it works. I cloned my HDD to my SSD. I changed the boot priority 1 as my SSD and disable the boot priority 2. The restart process happened, I successfully signed in to my...
  3. Switching Windows Boot Manager from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching Windows Boot Manager from HDD to SSD: Hey all, I am Dizah. I recently upgraded my computer with a V-GEN SSD, I installed it properly and it works. I cloned my HDD to my SSD. I changed the boot priority 1 as my SSD and disable the boot priority 2. The restart process happened, I successfully signed in to my...
  4. Switching Windows Boot Manager from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Switching Windows Boot Manager from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching Windows Boot Manager from HDD to SSD: Hey all,I recently upgraded my computer with a Samsung SSD, I installed it properly and it works. I transferred my HDD to my SSD including the OS. When using the BIOS to setup my SSD as startup, I encounter a problem. So firstly, If I disable my HDD and have my boot priority...
  6. Switching Windows Boot Manager from HDD to SSD

Switching Windows Boot Manager from HDD to SSD: Hey all,I recently upgraded my computer with a Samsung SSD, I installed it properly and it works. I transferred my HDD to my SSD including the OS. When using the BIOS to setup my SSD as startup, I encounter a problem. So firstly, If I disable my HDD and have my boot priority...
  7. Switching Windows Boot Manager from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. I want to move windows boot manager from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    I want to move windows boot manager from HDD to SSD: I have Windows 10 installed on Disk 1 (HDD) before. Now installing another Windows 10 on Disk 2 (SSD). I no longer need HDD anymore but if I remove HDD from PC then I cannot boot from SSD. Looking on Google and found that EasyBCD can move boot manager. I want to move both EFI...
  9. Moving from HDD to SSD

Moving from HDD to SSD: Hello, I recently decided to buy a new 1TB SSD to “replace” my current and only HDD. I’ve been using my HDD for some time now and I wanted to make the SSD my windows 10 boot drive but I’m not sure how to do this. I wanted to make it a clean install so I can add my programs...
  10. Install Windows on SSD with bootloader on HDD

Install Windows on SSD with bootloader on HDD: I have Dell Inspiron 7566 with built-in Toshiba HDD which had three partitions: C:/ for Windows 10 , U:/ for Ubuntu 18.04 and D:/ for other stuff. Ubuntu was installed in UEFI mode and on every boot computer loaded to GRUB and asked which system it should start. Recently I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do i need to move bootloader to ssd

2. move windows bootloader to ssd