Windows 10: Need help moving files

Discus and support Need help moving files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Good morning, I have recently started with a new company and I need to move user network access forms into folders with their respective name. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/faris_jason, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Need help moving files

Good morning, I have recently started with a new company and I need to move user network access forms into folders with their respective name. The problem is the names that are used for the files all have a different t however the naming convention. However, they all do have the persons name in it.

For example I need to move “2875_John Doe” into a folder named “Doe, John”. I need to do this for thousands of files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/faris_jason
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/faris_jason, Nov 12, 2019

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Need help moving files

Error: This Process Cannot Be Completed The File Is Open In Windows Explorer when deleting/moving a video file

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate your effort on this. We understand that when you are trying to delete or move some video files, you get an error, we will look into this for you. However, we would like to know if the issue occurs while deleting/moving any other file.

We would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

Method 1: Close all background applications

We would suggest you to check if the file that you are trying to delete/move is open in background. If the file is open, close the file and then try deleting/moving it.

Alternatively, you can press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open
    Task Manager and look for the applications that you are not using while deleting/moving the file. Right click on them and select
    End Task.

Method 2: Turn off File preview in File Explorer

We can try turning off File preview in File Explorer and check if that helps in resolving the issue. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type control folders and click on
      OK.
    3. Click on View tab.
    4. Now, select the checkbox for Always show icons, never thumbnails.
    5. Click on OK.

Method 3: Safe Mode

If Turning off File preview doesn’t help, I would suggest you to boot the computer into Safe Mode and check if you are able to delete/move the file. Refer the steps mentioned in the article

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Need help moving files

1. Need help moving files - Similar Threads - Need help moving

2. Help needed: browsers keep moving to other screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help needed: browsers keep moving to other screen: I work with 2 screen and whenever I unlock my laptop, all browsers will have moved to screen 1 even though I had them at screen 2 when I locked the computer. Is there any way to stop Windows 10 from doing this? Thanks submitted by /u/Rude-E [link] [comments]...
  3. Need help to read these dmp files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help to read these dmp files: Hello, my computer constantly BSOD's and I was wondering if anyone could help me read these dump files. Any help would be appreciated! https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/109a7bVr0IyRCFPDv2yA0qH1xIjsa2YsA?usp=sharing...
  4. Need batch file help

in Windows 10 Support
    Need batch file help: I want to create a script to start a game at E:\Grand Theft Auto V\PlayGTAV.exe and wait one minute and then open an existing batch file at E:\Grand Theft Auto V\GTAV Hardcore.bat What do I have to add to the following? start /b "" "E:\Grand Theft Auto V\PlayGTAV.exe" start...
  5. Need help with theme files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with theme files.: I've been trying my hardest to change the shell buttons like the red 'x' in the top right corner of windows and adding tint to the background of open folders but nothing's co-operating with me. I know that this isn't an official windows support question but I need to know how...
  6. Files saved to SSD, need moved to HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Files saved to SSD, need moved to HDD: Simple question, really. New build. Here's the issue, there's the boot drive, C, just an SSD. And the actually hard drive I was supposed to use for everything, E. Well without realizing it, everything was getting saved to C. Which is a whopping 120gb. And not to E which is 2...
  7. Need help changing file type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help changing file type: Hello, I'm having a problem where I'm unable to choose "Save as type: All files", in order to change the format of a document using a word processor. I do not have Microsoft Word, but I've tried this with both WordPad and LiberOffice Writer and it isn't working. I'm trying...
  8. Need help with file attributes

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with file attributes: Hi and thanks for adding me. I have been searching the internet like crazy and it seems no one knows what i'm asking for. I want to change the attribute to hidden for one file type. In particular .db files. I don't want to change one file, I want to change all. db files. Its...
  9. Need help fixing system files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need help fixing system files: Hoping someone can help me. My ASUS laptop with Windows 10 Home will not update to the Anniversary Update ver. 1607. I tried running the System File Checker (sfc /scannow) but received an error message saying SFC could not fix the...
  10. Need help with batch file

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with batch file: No serious Batch file or scripting experience, so bear with me. We use a site for our business that has to run on IE and has to have the cache cleared a certain way sometimes for it to function. We have to go IE options, uncheck delete history on exit - go to delete...