Windows 10: Need help moving files

Discus and support Need help moving files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Good morning, I have recently started with a new company and I need to move user network access forms into folders with their respective name. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/faris_jason, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Need help moving files

Good morning, I have recently started with a new company and I need to move user network access forms into folders with their respective name. The problem is the names that are used for the files all have a different t however the naming convention. However, they all do have the persons name in it.

For example I need to move “2875_John Doe” into a folder named “Doe, John”. I need to do this for thousands of files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/faris_jason
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/faris_jason, Nov 12, 2019

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Need help moving files

Error: This Process Cannot Be Completed The File Is Open In Windows Explorer when deleting/moving a video file

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate your effort on this. We understand that when you are trying to delete or move some video files, you get an error, we will look into this for you. However, we would like to know if the issue occurs while deleting/moving any other file.

We would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

Method 1: Close all background applications

We would suggest you to check if the file that you are trying to delete/move is open in background. If the file is open, close the file and then try deleting/moving it.

Alternatively, you can press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open
    Task Manager and look for the applications that you are not using while deleting/moving the file. Right click on them and select
    End Task.

Method 2: Turn off File preview in File Explorer

We can try turning off File preview in File Explorer and check if that helps in resolving the issue. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type control folders and click on
      OK.
    3. Click on View tab.
    4. Now, select the checkbox for Always show icons, never thumbnails.
    5. Click on OK.

Method 3: Safe Mode

If Turning off File preview doesn’t help, I would suggest you to boot the computer into Safe Mode and check if you are able to delete/move the file. Refer the steps mentioned in the article

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Need help moving files

1. Need help moving files - Similar Threads - Need help moving

2. Need help with file recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with file recovery: Hi, I have deleted some files from my laptop and I want to use windows file recovery or any other similar file recovery software. But the thing is I have only one hard drive :C not partitioned, so to recover files, I need a separate drive space right or else it will override...
  3. Need Help with DMP Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help with DMP Files: Hi,I have run Driver Verify DV on an old PC, which has only produced BSODs since a clean reinstall of Win 10. I can't get into Windows before the BSOD intervenes every time on start-up, except when using Safe Mode.Before using DV, the BSOD gave no details, but with DV it...
  4. Need help with batch file

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with batch file: Hi all, I need a batch file to do the following: If this is the first time the batch is run: Do command one If this is the second, third or fourth time the batch is run: Do command two If this is the fifth time the batch is run: Do command three Start all over again as if the...
  5. Help! File Explorer Moves To File View

in Windows 10 Support
    Help! File Explorer Moves To File View: Windows did an update I think. They sneak them in even when I set preferences for me to apply them. Anyway my File Explorer is screwed up. I want my default view to be Home. It always has been but now... it goes to File view. I can change it to any other view... Home, Share...
  6. Need help moving SSDs to a new build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help moving SSDs to a new build: I recently swapped out my motherboard (thanks to the redditors who helped me last week). I had to wipe my boot drive and do a clean install of Windows 10. I'd like to transfer the other SSDs from the old pc over though (they don't have an OS on them, just game files I'd like...
  7. Moving from Mac to Windows. Need help!

Moving from Mac to Windows. Need help!: Hello, I'm moving from Mac to Windows, but I can't sync my passwords from Keychain to Windows machine. I've tried syncing passwords from Safari to Chrome / Firefox, but still…Nothing. How do I do it? Thank you submitted by /u/NotaChineseplushie [link] [comments]...
  8. Need help with deleting a file

Need help with deleting a file: So there's this file called TeeDriverW8x64.sys in my Windows.old folder. I can't seem to delete it no matter what and i'm pretty sure it might be a malware or something. I've tried using cmd, lock hunter, file assassin and safe mode. Any idea, guys? Edit: the error it...
  9. Need batch file help

in Windows 10 Support
    Need batch file help: I want to create a script to start a game at E:\Grand Theft Auto V\PlayGTAV.exe and wait one minute and then open an existing batch file at E:\Grand Theft Auto V\GTAV Hardcore.bat What do I have to add to the following? start /b "" "E:\Grand Theft Auto V\PlayGTAV.exe" start...
  10. Need help with file attributes

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with file attributes: Hi and thanks for adding me. I have been searching the internet like crazy and it seems no one knows what i'm asking for. I want to change the attribute to hidden for one file type. In particular .db files. I don't want to change one file, I want to change all. db files. Its...