Windows 10: Need help moving outlook 365 to a new machine

Discus and support Need help moving outlook 365 to a new machine in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi, I've been quite happily running Office 365 Outlook with several email accounts (addresses) on a box running Windows 10 Pro with all files on the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by wevets, Jan 21, 2021.

1. wevets Win User

Need help moving outlook 365 to a new machine

Hi,
    I've been quite happily running Office 365 Outlook with several email accounts (addresses) on a box running Windows 10 Pro with all files on the local drive for some time. Nothing is in the cloud, which is the way I like it. I just built a new machine and would like to know how to move everything, email, archived folders, contacts, the full banana to the new Windows 10 Pro machine. As near as I can tell, there are some .pst files and .ost files in different directories. I identify them as possibly useful as their "date modified" day is today. Can anyone point me to an article that will tell me how to do that?

Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

wevets, Jan 21, 2021

2. Disable new search bar in Outlook 365

OK. There is a way to disable this new search box in Microsoft Office 365. For Outlook:

1. Open Outlook 365.
    2. On the lower left-hand corner click options.
    3. In the User Interface options under the General Tab, click the checkbox Collapse the Microsoft Search box by default.
    4. Click OK.

The search box will now disappear. However, disabling this option would only work on that application. If you open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, you will need to do these same steps to disable the search box (if present) as well. Let me know if this works for you.

Guardian Angel, Jan 21, 2021
  3. skcusime Win User
    Moving everything in Outlook 365 to a new computer

I have Outlook as part of Microsoft 365 and plan to buy a new computer - clean install and start over with W10, and install Microsoft 365.
    I have 2 email addresses set up, have iCloud for Windows integrated, share all appointments and calendar items with my wife's account, and have over 100 contacts stored on iCloud but used by Outlook as the default contacts list.
    How do I copy EVERYTHING I have now to a new computer, and not double up on contacts etc.
    Using 20H2 19042.685 with Office up to date.

skcusime, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Need help moving outlook 365 to a new machine

Transferring Outlook 365 licence to new pc

Hi All,

I recently bought a new pc as my old one is dying!
    The first thing I wanted to do was get my email up and running on the new pc so I exported my Outlook (365) data on the old one to a .pst file. So far so good.
    On my new machine I accessed the Office 365 site and opened my account and set it up on my new pc.
    I then imported the .pst file to the new instance of Outlook in the new pc. So far so good.....ish!
    All the email folders and content showed up with the remark "This pc only" in brackets and the Contacts and Calendar appeared is inbox files, also marked "this pc only" in brackets.

I have since found a site online that says the normal steps are to go to the Office 365 site, sign in, then delete the old pc from the list before setting up the new one and importing the .pst file.

So my question is what I should do now.

Should I delete both pcs from the account and start again, or can I simply delete the old one and everything will fall into place?

Or what?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated as I am a bit of a techno-moron/dummy!

Thanks,
    John

CargoMatatu, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Need help moving outlook 365 to a new machine

1. Need help moving outlook 365 to a new machine - Similar Threads - Need help moving

2. my email needs to be moved into outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my email needs to be moved into outlook: can someone call me please. MY IT department has attempted to fix my email so it's in Outlook but was unsuccessful. Could someone please call me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-email-needs-to-be-moved-into-outlook/9f13456c-6e10-468e-85dc-fb08663a2b97
  3. my email needs to be moved into outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my email needs to be moved into outlook: can someone call me please. MY IT department has attempted to fix my email so it's in Outlook but was unsuccessful. Could someone please call me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-email-needs-to-be-moved-into-outlook/9f13456c-6e10-468e-85dc-fb08663a2b97
  4. my email needs to be moved into outlook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Moving everything in Outlook 365 to a new computer

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Moving everything in Outlook 365 to a new computer: I have Outlook as part of Microsoft 365 and plan to buy a new computer - clean install and start over with W10, and install Microsoft 365. I have 2 email addresses set up, have iCloud for Windows integrated, share all appointments and calendar items with my wife's account,...
  6. Need help moving SSDs to a new build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help moving SSDs to a new build: I recently swapped out my motherboard (thanks to the redditors who helped me last week). I had to wipe my boot drive and do a clean install of Windows 10. I'd like to transfer the other SSDs from the old pc over though (they don't have an OS on them, just game files I'd like...
  7. Moving to New Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving to New Machine: Greetings, I hope you are all doing as well as possible in these tough times. I am moving to a new machine. I will have 2 installations of Windows on separate partitions. One will be day to day stuff and the other music. The day to day I will reinstall. That's simple....
  8. Moving Win10 License to a new machine - To UN-install or not? Help

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving Win10 License to a new machine - To UN-install or not? Help: Hi, I have an HP system which has Windows 10 home pre-installed. The computer is registered with my Microsoft account. My goal is to move it to another instance of Windows 10 home on a VirtualBox machine. I have registered both computers with my microsoft account (both...
  9. New Outlook as part of Office 365

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Outlook as part of Office 365: I purchased a new computer and transferred my old files and programs. I had it about a week and was ready my emails on the new system. Then I had to 'activate' the new MS Outlook (Office) to maintain the service, so I paid my subscription. Now I cannot access my email...
  10. How to move files for Outlook (Office 365)?

in Browsers and Email
    How to move files for Outlook (Office 365)?: Hi. I am trying to find alternativ to Windows Live Mail, and I have MS Office 365. In WLM I can move all emails and contacts to another destination I choose. How do I do the same for Outlook? I want offline emails and contacts to another drive so I don't overwrite them when...