Windows 10: Need help! My microphone is detected but not recording. How can I fix it?

Discus and support Need help! My microphone is detected but not recording. How can I fix it? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've looked at every thread I can find but it doesn't seem like anyone else has the same problem. I recently got a new computer from the office... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Larry Estell, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Need help! My microphone is detected but not recording. How can I fix it?

Hello, I've looked at every thread I can find but it doesn't seem like anyone else has the same problem. I recently got a new computer from the office side and everything works flawlessly except for the fact that the audio can't be recorded for some reason. I have repeatedly tried reinstalling the drivers and using older versions, but nothing seems to fix the problem. The mic works on my Mac Book Pro, so the hardware cannot be faulty. I've tried troubleshooting and checking every setting I can find and it's not muted. But when I plug it in it detects the mic and has a green check mark that say

:)

Larry Estell, Jun 8, 2021

2. Microphone not detecting sound anymore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience this has caused. We'll be happy to assist you to fix this issue.

This issue might cause if Windows is not able to detect the microphone properly or if the device is disabled. Kindly follow the below troubleshooting methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Firstly, let's run the audio recording troubleshooter and check.

* In Windows search bar, type find and fix audio recording problems
    and run the troubleshooter to identify and solve the issue.

Method 2:

If this doesn't help, let's set the detected microphone as default recording device.

Step 1:

1) In the right corner of the taskbar, right-click audio icon and select sound.

2) With the dialog box opened, go to recordings tab and see if your current plugged-in microphone is listed indicated by a green check mark.

3) Choose the device and click or tap to set it as default.

Note: In the recording tab, right-click to check if there are any device disabled. click on show disabled device and proceed.

Step 2:

You may also troubleshoot by typing speech recognition in the search bar. Then, click on
    setup microphone and Windows will take you through few simple steps to make it work.

Hope this helps. If you have any queries, do get back to us.

Thank you.

Praveen Venugopal, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Need help! My microphone is detected but not recording. How can I fix it?

Microphone Problems (Please Help)

Hi Larry,

We'd like to verify a few things in order for us to assist you effectively. Kindly confirm the following:

Were there any recent changes made to your computer prior to the issue? (Windows update, software or hardware installation, etc.)

• Do you get an error when you're trying to use your microphone?
    • What is the make and model of your microphone?
    • How did you install your microphone to your Windows 10 PC? Kindly verify if the steps below are the same as the steps you have performed:

To install a new microphone, follow these steps:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the volume icon on the taskbar and select
      Recording Devices

• In the Recording tab, select the microphone or recording device you'd like to set up. Select
      Configure.

• Select Set up microphone, and follow the steps of the
      Microphone Setup Wizard

To test a microphone that has already been installed:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the volume icon on the taskbar and select
      Recording Devices

• In the Recording tab, look for green bars rising as you speak into your recording device. If the bars are moving, your device is connected and working properly.

Let us know.

Joanna 777, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

Need help! My microphone is detected but not recording. How can I fix it?

1. Need help! My microphone is detected but not recording. How can I fix it? - Similar Threads - Need help microphone

2. My computer is not detecting my microphone, How to Fix ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is not detecting my microphone, How to Fix ?: Hi , I recently bought a headphone with inbuilt mic Harman Infinity Tranz -700 , Even though how many times I try , It does not detect the mic. I have tried running troubleshoots and even what not, But still no results. It works in other PCs and phones but not in mine. Please...
  3. My computer is not detecting my microphone, How to Fix ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is not detecting my microphone, How to Fix ?: Hi , I recently bought a headphone with inbuilt mic Harman Infinity Tranz -700 , Even though how many times I try , It does not detect the mic. I have tried running troubleshoots and even what not, But still no results. It works in other PCs and phones but not in mine. Please...
  4. Microphone is not recording sound, how do I fix this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is not recording sound, how do I fix this issue?: I am trying to record using the built in webcam on the computer. The video is recording just fine, but is has no sound to it. I think that there is a problem with the microphone. I have tried recording with a different webcam, but I still have the same problem. The volume is...
  5. Microphone is not recording sound, how do I fix this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone is not recording sound, how do I fix this issue?: I am trying to record using the built in webcam on the computer. The video is recording just fine, but is has no sound to it. I think that there is a problem with the microphone. I have tried recording with a different webcam, but I still have the same problem. The volume is...
  6. Windows10 not detecting headset device or microphone.. I need it for work, help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 not detecting headset device or microphone.. I need it for work, help?: [ATTACH] I would really really appreciate someone's help regarding this issue. Please take your time to read it if you think you can help regarding audio input/output issues. I have an Inspiron 5584 Windows 10 64bit laptop, bought in September 2019 (OS Build: 19041.867)....
  7. Help: Microphone is not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help: Microphone is not detected: It was all working fine until a few days ago. Things I have tried: Enabling the microphone in privacy settings Reinstalling and updating all the drivers testing the headset on other devices It just seems like windows refuses to detect the microphone now and I have scoured...
  8. I need help with my microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need help with my microphone: So recently I bought a cheap condenser microhpone and I've had problems with it. When I first plugged the microphone in the 3.5mm jack it worked fine and it still does,but sometimes all my desktop audio doesn't work and I have to plug it in and out. Another problem I've had...
  9. I need microphone help

in Cortana
    I need microphone help: I need help to set up my microphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-microphone-help/2c1d0000-a7ad-4e92-aee4-8108cba05ce1"
  10. How can I fix my Microphone properties?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I fix my Microphone properties?: Everytime I am about change my microphone settings in windows 10, the sounds menu just freezes and closes and nothing comes up after that I have tried - repairing windows wth media cretion tool - reinstalling microphone drivers -rebooting multiple times I really...