Windows 10: Need help! No admin account

Discus and support Need help! No admin account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I picked up and old PC I left at exes house and my kids deleted admin account. Now I can't uninstall/install anything and can't don't a factory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/moisesg88, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Need help! No admin account

So I picked up and old PC I left at exes house and my kids deleted admin account. Now I can't uninstall/install anything and can't don't a factory reset. What's a solution for this? Also I created a new account but doesn't appear at log in screen .

submitted by /u/moisesg88
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/moisesg88, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Need help! No admin account

Hidden Admin Account Infected - Help

Somehow my windows 7 hidden admin account got infected. I cannot open regedit, task manager or any virus program.. in fact.. most programs wont work.. but my regular everyday account is fine.

The problem is this: I have been infected in my regular account before.. and running virus tools from my hidden admin account fixes them.. but I cannot do the reverse now because my regular account doesn't have access to my admin account.

I know what the virus is.. its a rouge antivirus.. it mostly annoying.. Programs do open up for a split second before this rouge antivirus program closes it again and then lies and gives me a message that says, " Cannot open this program, the program is infected" LOL

Its putting a lot of adware on my system but not crippling it.. but only in the admin account.

What are your ideas?

John Phoenix, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Need help! No admin account

1. Need help! No admin account - Similar Threads - Need help admin

2. Need help logging into local PC admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help logging into local PC admin account: Hi all,I am stuck in quite a sticky and self dug predicament and need any kind of assistance so that I don't brick my entire laptop.I am on a Lenovo Thinkpad P52 running on Windows 11. I have 2 accounts on this PC, an Admin account Account A and a guest account Account...
  3. Need help logging into local PC admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help logging into local PC admin account: Hi all,I am stuck in quite a sticky and self dug predicament and need any kind of assistance so that I don't brick my entire laptop.I am on a Lenovo Thinkpad P52 running on Windows 11. I have 2 accounts on this PC, an Admin account Account A and a guest account Account...
  4. need help with fixing the run as admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help with fixing the run as admin: I was messing around in gpedit and in local policies, the most bottom folder and the most bottom selection in the bottom folder, i pressed enable and now when i try to run anything with admin user and password it wont show the option to insert admin user and password and...
  5. need help with fixing the run as admin

need help with fixing the run as admin: I was messing around in gpedit and in local policies, the most bottom folder and the most bottom selection in the bottom folder, i pressed enable and now when i try to run anything with admin user and password it wont show the option to insert admin user and password and...
  6. forgot admin password need help

forgot admin password need help: hello i forgot my administrator password, how do i reset the password without wiping the computer? i only have access to user account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-admin-password-need-help/abe637d3-7ad8-443a-b1e3-ecd99ed14624
  7. Help with Admin/Administrator accounts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Admin/Administrator accounts: It there any way to either add more security to your user account (third party or not) or configure some settings so another administrator cannot delete my profile without a password or something else? Not in the greatest household right now and I am constantly threatened...
  8. need help with admin programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    need help with admin programs: cant open any admin programs like cmd(admin) or task manager despite being on an admin account. submitted by /u/Kazim_8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixp426/need_help_with_admin_programs/
  9. Help - No admin accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help - No admin accounts: Hello, My PC for some reason has removed the administrator status from my account and therefore right now there is no administrator. I can't download/open certain files because i'm not an administrator and when it gives me the option of typing in the administrator password,...
  10. Need help with Admin privileges

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need help with Admin privileges: I need to install a software but when I click the file the UAC comes out and asks the usual questions. What I find weird is it does not give me the option to click YES. Only the NO button shows up. I checked and it seems that I am logged in as a local account. I tired...