Windows 10: Need help on a fresh install of windows on and SSD

Discus and support Need help on a fresh install of windows on and SSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi Reddit, This is my first post. Guess I'll be Stuck here forever! Currently upgrading my girlfriend's laptop from a HDD to SSD. Hers is an Acer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Actual-Vermicelli-74, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Need help on a fresh install of windows on and SSD

Hi Reddit,

This is my first post. Guess I'll be Stuck here forever!

Currently upgrading my girlfriend's laptop from a HDD to SSD. Hers is an Acer laptop where mine is an old Sony vaio (use for engineering) where I already completed a windows install myself.

My question is can I remove the ssd from the vaio, insert the new one which does not have windows, install windows onto it and then place the newly installed windows ssd into my girlfriend's acer?

Or in simple terms, put ssd into the Sony, install windows, then take out the ssd and put it into the acer?

Thanks

submitted by /u/Actual-Vermicelli-74
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Actual-Vermicelli-74, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Need help on a fresh install of windows on and SSD

1. Need help on a fresh install of windows on and SSD - Similar Threads - Need help fresh

2. Fresh Windows Installation in SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Windows Installation in SSD: Hey, i want to install fresh windows on my SSD..but will it wipe my D driveOther drive than OS drive if i install windows on SSD? I can't backup my data..what will you recommend ? My PC has 1 TB hard disk and I added a new SSD of 256GB . I want to install windows in SSD ..so...
  3. fresh install help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    fresh install help: okay, so I've been having some strange issues with lots of things, specifically in multiple games, and specifically R6S having mouse input lag. I think I just need a fresh install. I have a HDD and an SSD both 1TB and the HDD currently just has a backup on it, so could I...
  4. About to install Windows 10 to SSD, need help

About to install Windows 10 to SSD, need help: I got a USB and it's ready to install Windows 10 to the SSD. However, I'm not exactly understanding what it means when installing Windows 10 will wipe my data. I'm planning on keeping my HDD around and using the SSD for gaming reasons, and also wanting to boot up my PC...
  5. fresh install win 10 on SSD - partitions help

fresh install win 10 on SSD - partitions help: Hi Tenforums: ( windows 10 64 bit version 1909 build 18363.535 ) I replaced my old laptop hard drive with a Samsung 860 EVO to help it limp a bit faster.... Had temporary hiccups as install media seemed not to like the said SSD as target for installing the OS. After trial...
  6. Need help installing Windows 10 on freshly built machine

Need help installing Windows 10 on freshly built machine: I just finished assembling my new PC but it keeps freezing when I try to install windows 10. It doesn't freeze in the BIOs and the furthest I've gotten is to the "enter activation key" I've tried unplugging my GPU and using motherboard outputs, I've removed all sticks of RAM...
  7. I need help with fresh install

I need help with fresh install: My computer was not running my games well, so i tried installing new drivers. (I have a Gtx 970) The driver completely messed up my native resolution from 1600x900 to 1600x1200. I went into device manager and uninstalled the driver, and restarted so i could get the default...
  8. Fresh install of Windows 10 to SSD

Fresh install of Windows 10 to SSD: I upgraded to Windows 10 couple years ago when MS offered to Windows 7 owner a free upgrade. Now I'm planning to install a SSD to my computer and have the OS boot from it. How do i do a fresh install to my SSD without the disc? Is there somewhere I can download Windows 10...
  9. Need help transferring my Windows install to an SSD

Need help transferring my Windows install to an SSD: Hey guys. So here's my situation: I have like 200gb worth of files on my current harddrive and I recently bought a 500gb SSD. I'd like to basically clone my Windows install and all of my files onto the new SSD. I researched how to do this and learned that a good thing to try...
  10. Need help bad...fresh install Windows 10 but worried!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help bad...fresh install Windows 10 but worried!!!: Ok guys here is where I am at. Everything is running good on Windows 10. Except I have this itching uncomfortable feeling of excess baggage that my PC is carring and not needed because I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 instead of starting fresh and doing a clean install...