Windows 10: Need help on driver verifier bsod

Discus and support Need help on driver verifier bsod in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had a bsod 0x1000007E and did the sfc /scannow and dism steps and ran chkdsk then memtest. Everything checks out so I tried running driver verifier... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jrgoco, Aug 22, 2020.

1. jrgoco Win User

Need help on driver verifier bsod

I had a bsod 0x1000007E and did the sfc /scannow and dism steps and ran chkdsk then memtest. Everything checks out so I tried running driver verifier and after logging in i got this bsod SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M 0x1000007E. Could I please request assistance in figuring out the minidump generated by the verifier? Uploaded the minidumps on one drive

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ajrn4LowP60hct4QfC81_cSetGM?e=kXSFiw

:)

jrgoco, Aug 22, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

BSOD hidclass with driver verifier

Hi Doc_Samson,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive Blue Screen error with hidclass.sys. In order to get to the root cause of the issue, we will need the Dump files, so that we can analyze them and assist you accordingly. I have sent a private message to you, please share
    the Dump files over the private message.

To access Private Message click on your Profile on the top right corner, then click on the ellipses, and select
    View Private Messages.

However, the hidclass.sys is a driver file for Human Interface Devices, which are basically, keyboard/mouse or gaming controllers. I would suggest you to disconnect all the external devices and see if that helps.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Method 1: Update drivers

I suggest you to update the drivers on the computer, to make sure that all the drivers are up to date including Keyboard, Mouse, USB and HID Drivers. In addition, you may also update the chipset drivers from the computer manufacturer’s websites. Kindly
    refer the article
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Method 2: Check hard disk for errors

I would suggest you to run chkdsk utility to check any errors in the hard drive. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter: chkdsk/f C:
    4. Select Yes and restart the computer.

Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost

Method 3: Windows Memory Diagnostic

You can also run Memory Diagnostic on the computer to check for any memory corruption errors. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type mdsched and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Restart now and check for problems.

You may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

You can also refer the suggestions provided by auggy replied on May 15, 2018 in the thread

BSOD Hidclass.sys

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Driver Verifier BSOD diagnosis opinions?

I used the link provided and selected the option that says the BSOD occurred while using my PC. The link suggests checking for updates and disconnecting hardware. My software is already up to date, and rather than disconnecting random hardware, I was under
    the impression from that by uploading the dump files from the Driver Verifier program that from

this post
    , there might be some clues as to what specific driver is causing the crashes. Is that possible to determine?

BSOD Monster, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Need help on driver verifier bsod

Windows 10 BSOD's - Driver Verifier help

Hello,

There were no dumps having bugcheck C4 i.e. with Driver Verifier enabled. Were you able to note down the name of the driver written against What Failed on the BSOD screen?

There is no real help in the dump files-Driver Verifier can give us a clue that which driver is failing.

You can proceed with running the verifier again.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Need help on driver verifier bsod

1. Need help on driver verifier bsod - Similar Threads - Need help driver

2. Need help with driver verifier dma violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with driver verifier dma violation: My son has the geo book 140 and has a bsod with driver verifier dma violation stop code and keeps cycling to black screen that says preparing automatic repair. Can anyone help with this as it isn’t giving me a single option to stop the cycle?...
  3. Need help with driver verifier dma violation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with driver verifier dma violation: My son has the geo book 140 and has a bsod with driver verifier dma violation stop code and keeps cycling to black screen that says preparing automatic repair. Can anyone help with this as it isn’t giving me a single option to stop the cycle?...
  4. Need help with reading driver verifier bsod and system exception bsod

Need help with reading driver verifier bsod and system exception bsod: 120123-8953-01.zip driver verifier120123-12437-01.zip system exception bsod after running driver verifierThanks in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-reading-driver-verifier-bsod-and/01675ad6-d14c-4623-926c-28cd629e5b46
  5. Need help with reading driver verifier bsod and system exception bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with reading driver verifier bsod and system exception bsod: 120123-8953-01.zip driver verifier120123-12437-01.zip system exception bsod after running driver verifierThanks in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-reading-driver-verifier-bsod-and/01675ad6-d14c-4623-926c-28cd629e5b46
  6. Need help with reading driver verifier bsod and system exception bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Driver Verifier BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Verifier BSOD: So for like a year im having random reboots with no BSOD up to 2 times a month, so i researched the topic for a bit and ruled out some faulty hardware like GPU was already in my old PC and ran fine or RAM Memtest86 passed without problems, changed PSU too. i also changed some...
  8. Driver Verifier BSOD

Driver Verifier BSOD: So for like a year im having random reboots with no BSOD up to 2 times a month, so i researched the topic for a bit and ruled out some faulty hardware like GPU was already in my old PC and ran fine or RAM Memtest86 passed without problems, changed PSU too. i also changed some...
  9. System BSOD, need help reading Driver Verifier mem dumps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System BSOD, need help reading Driver Verifier mem dumps: Hi there!My machine crashed yesterday while I was not present so not sure what the BSOD error was. I checked Event Viewer and saw this message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f 0x0000000000000003, 0xffffa08b4356b120, 0xffffd38df903f750,...
  10. Got a Driver Verifier Detected Violation BSOD, Need Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Got a Driver Verifier Detected Violation BSOD, Need Help: Hi, I've recently been having various random BSOD's including Kernel-security-error, memory management and recently used the Driver Verifier to check if it may be due to a corrupted driver, however having recently upgraded my PC's RAM, motherboard and CPU, I have a feeling...