Windows 10: need help on how to re install windows 10 on my second desktop computer.

Discus and support need help on how to re install windows 10 on my second desktop computer. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hope somebody can help................... sorry, i'm not very good with computers and techy stuff so please bear with me.. i'll try to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NelsonT1, May 19, 2020.

1. NelsonT1 Win User

need help on how to re install windows 10 on my second desktop computer.

Hope somebody can help...................

sorry, i'm not very good with computers and techy stuff so please bear with me.. i'll try to do my best to explain the problem.

i'm having problems with my other desktop pc.. it started when there was a scheduled windows update... it had difficulty with downloading the updates... it had to do it several times and when it was able to download it also had problems installing them and would always say not installed. security updates and other updates would not fail. this also happened with my firefox update.. it said updates were already downloaded but could not or failed to install. i did a system restore to an earlier date before the updates but there was an error and message saying that it failed to do the system restore and my files and settings were unchanged but i should just choose another restore point. so i did and it was doing the system restore. but after 4 hours. it still wasn't done and i realized that it hanged. the pc was on but and it was just a blank screen. it didn't respond to the keyboard, mouse or power button. so restarted the pc and now it has "logonui.exe system error overrun of a stack-based buffer, etc" . i tried to do every repair in the menu but i wasn't able to fix it. the last thing to choose is the option to re install windows 10 and keep my files. the problem is i don't know how to install windows 10 to that pc because i didn't use a disk when i first updated it from windows 8. what are the other ways i can do to re install win10 without a cd/drive? can i adjust the boot up settings of that pc so it goes to a site where the ISO files are and install from there?

thank you in advance for anyone who replies

:)

NelsonT1, May 19, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 19, 2020
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

need help on how to re install windows 10 on my second desktop computer. [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

4. need help on how to re install windows 10 on my second desktop computer.

windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 19, 2020
Thema:

need help on how to re install windows 10 on my second desktop computer.

1. need help on how to re install windows 10 on my second desktop computer. - Similar Threads - need help install

2. How to re-install Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to re-install Windows 10?: I want to get rid of the manfuc Windows 10 and install a clean Windows 10 from Windows.I re-installed Windows 10 from Windows media creation tool, yet when its on, I can still see the manaf trash pre-installed apps such as Disney and SKype app.I want a clean version....
  3. How to re-install Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to re-install Windows 10?: I want to get rid of the manfuc Windows 10 and install a clean Windows 10 from Windows.I re-installed Windows 10 from Windows media creation tool, yet when its on, I can still see the manaf trash pre-installed apps such as Disney and SKype app.I want a clean version....
  4. I need help with installation of WSA on windows 11, I need to re-install it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with installation of WSA on windows 11, I need to re-install it.: Whenever I try to I get error message and also my apps and programs is just crashing when I open it, is there anyway I can fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-installation-of-wsa-on-windows-11/700adc93-458b-49d0-95bb-3459366d5738
  5. I need help with installation of WSA on windows 11, I need to re-install it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with installation of WSA on windows 11, I need to re-install it.: Whenever I try to I get error message and also my apps and programs is just crashing when I open it, is there anyway I can fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-installation-of-wsa-on-windows-11/700adc93-458b-49d0-95bb-3459366d5738
  6. I re-installed my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I re-installed my desktop: and so I want to remove forza horizon 4 but I just seem to not find it in control panel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-re-installed-my-desktop/9424c5d3-2c48-4bdc-9911-e96f64e68289
  7. Installing Windows 10 on a second computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on a second computer: I bought Windows 10 and downloaded to my laptop, now I want to download to a desktop computer in my home. What's the easiest way to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-10-on-a-second-computer/a2b2c012-0840-48a4-8501-37af224a81e0
  8. Need help after re-install?

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help after re-install?: I had a bad experience with Macrium Reflect when trying to load a saved image ..... Anyway, I re-installed Windows (fresh install) and all is well, except I failed to backup one desktop photo for my dual display. My problem is that the photo in question is my favourite ....
  9. Help re-installing Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help re-installing Windows: So I made an uh oh during my school assignment to download Ubuntu to a USB, and in the process of installing Ubuntu I accidentally re-formatted my hard drive and wiped Windows off my laptop :-) Windows came pre-installed with my laptop, but the internet claims that my laptop...
  10. Windows 10 desktop computer: Need help on how to do it all over.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 desktop computer: Need help on how to do it all over.: I have a Gateway desktop computer running Win 10 (upgraded from Win Vista). It got some problems, the more I tried to fix it the worse it gets. Now the computer doesn't even boot. Need help on how to redo everything. I did notice when the computer is just turned on,...