Windows 10: Need help on Importing Outlook.pst from Win7 to Win10

Discus and support Need help on Importing Outlook.pst from Win7 to Win10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm slightly confused about importing my old Win7 Outlook.pst into my new Win10 with Outlook 2016. There are already about 3 weeks of emails and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by robls99, Jul 10, 2020.

1. robls99 Win User

Need help on Importing Outlook.pst from Win7 to Win10

I'm slightly confused about importing my old Win7 Outlook.pst into my new Win10 with Outlook 2016.

There are already about 3 weeks of emails and addresses on the new Win10 Home and I simply want to ADD the same from my Win7 so the Win10 will have the combination of both.

When I get to the window that says "Select the folder to import from" it gives to choices:

1. Import items into the currrent folder

2. Import items into the same folder in (shows my current email).

I assume I want #2 but the word "current" in #1 throws me a little.

Am I correct in choosing #2

:)

robls99, Jul 10, 2020
  2. mallomar Win User

Can't copy Outlook.pst file to new Win10 computer

I'm relatively new to Win10. I'm trying to copy my outlook.pst file from my old Win7 computer to the new Win10 computer. Outlook version is 2007, if that matters.

When I try to import the outlook.pst file that I copied over from the old PC, I get this popup message:

"Microsoft Office Outlook

File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file."

So how do I get permission? I'm guessing I need to be an admin (I thought I already was, but I guess I'm not.)

This is my own computer and nobody else uses it. I tried changing the Owner account so I would be an admin, but when I clicked the admin option, the change account option was grayed out. I tried setting up a new account as an admin, but that didn't work
    either.

Can someone please tell me exactly how to make myself an admin? (I'm hoping that will let me access the outlook.pst file.) I just can't figure it out.

Thanks.

mallomar, Jul 10, 2020
  3. robls99 Win User
    Need help with Importing Outlook. pst from restored external hardrive.

My wife's Win7 hard drive crashed (with Outlook 2007) and it has been rebuilt/restored to an external USB drive by a drive rescue company (our regular Acronis image backup did not have the .pst file).

She has been using a brand new Win10-Home 10.0.8363 computer with Office 2016 for several weeks.

She desires to retrieve at least her 1-200 saved email addresses off of the old drive.

Based on past experience, I know I can probably Copy the old outlook.pst file directly onto the same location where the Win10 copy is and it will overwrite the existing Win10 file, erasing the current data.

1. Can I instead Import the outlook.pst file to Win10 from from the external rescue drive even tho it has not previously been "Exported"?

2. Will using the Import function just Append the old data to the new and not delete anything on the Win10 leaving the new combination of both on the Win10?

3. Will that bring over all her old Incoming/Outgoing emails as well?

robls99, Jul 10, 2020
  4. tdming Win User

Upgrade to Win10 from Win7 desktop, windows update

I did the upgrade from Win7 to Win10 last week. It seemed to go fine but I have no desktop icons, no apps listed on the Start Menu, All Apps option, and Windows Update has been stuck at 2% downloading an update. I've run sfc /scannow and DISM through
    advanced command prompt with no change in behavior. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

tdming, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Need help on Importing Outlook.pst from Win7 to Win10 - Similar Threads - Need help Importing

2. Help with lost Outlook .pst file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with lost Outlook .pst file: Hey, hope you guys can help me!I use outlook and the .pst file is stored in my onedrive folder.I'm not sure what happened but the .pst file has completely disappeared from the 'outlook files' ! And therefore when I open outlook it has lost all of my folders.I've tried to...
  3. Help with lost Outlook .pst file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with lost Outlook .pst file: Hey, hope you guys can help me!I use outlook and the .pst file is stored in my onedrive folder.I'm not sure what happened but the .pst file has completely disappeared from the 'outlook files' ! And therefore when I open outlook it has lost all of my folders.I've tried to...
  4. Help with lost Outlook .pst file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need help with Importing Outlook. pst from restored external hardrive.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Need help with Importing Outlook. pst from restored external hardrive.: My wife's Win7 hard drive crashed (with Outlook 2007) and it has been rebuilt/restored to an external USB drive by a drive rescue company (our regular Acronis image backup did not have the .pst file). She has been using a brand new Win10-Home 10.0.8363 computer with Office...
  6. Import Outlook .pst files into O365 Outlook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Import Outlook .pst files into O365 Outlook: Hi all, I have just updated my W8.1 to W10 and discovered that the Mail app in W10 cannot import outlook .pst files or contacts, My old version of W8.1 is gone and I no longer have access to Outlook, all i have is the backup .pst files If I go down the path of buying O365...
  7. win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search

in Microsoft Office and 365
    win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search: hello, after upgrading from windows 7 to 10, it would seem like the search option doesnt work, ive rebuild the indexing file and search options still arent unavailable.. ive tried within outlook 2010 to upgrade to the latest vesion of search (in outlook options), it tells...
  8. win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search

in Windows 10 Support
    win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search: hello, after upgrading from windows 7 to 10, it would seem like the search option doesnt work, ive rebuild the indexing file and search options still arent unavailable.. ive tried within outlook 2010 to upgrade to the latest vesion of search (in outlook options), it tells...
  9. Moving Outlook 2010 settings from Win7 to Win10

in Browsers and Email
    Moving Outlook 2010 settings from Win7 to Win10: Have moved pst files, templates, Outlook profile and exported customizations. Everything worked great except for my personal settings for Outlook! None of my personal settings i.e. layout settings, Outlook options, colors, fonts, etc were transferred. Am I missing...
  10. Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file: How to: Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file How to Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file Outlook 2016 lets you focus on whats important with a clear view of email, calendars, and contacts. If you have already exported your...