Windows 10: Need help on my very old Asus K53SV laptop

Discus and support Need help on my very old Asus K53SV laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I want to install Windows 10 on my laptop mentioned above. It has: - Intel Core i5-2410M - 4 GB RAM - Nvidia GeForce GT540M 1GB - 640 GB HDD Right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Syndicali6381, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Need help on my very old Asus K53SV laptop

Hi! I want to install Windows 10 on my laptop mentioned above. It has: - Intel Core i5-2410M - 4 GB RAM - Nvidia GeForce GT540M 1GB - 640 GB HDD Right now it's running Zorin OS Lite 15.3. It's pretty smooth, and I like Linux a lot, but I can't do with the software restrictions anymore. Before you storm the comments with "use wine", I have tried to, believe me. Not even a single program I've tried with Wine worked. I don't have the budget to upgrade a single part of it as I'm not financially independent yet.

submitted by /u/Syndicali6381
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Syndicali6381, Mar 30, 2021
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Looking at a used Asus K53SV

i have been looking at a used Asus K53SV laptop.

Specs:
    Intel Core i5 2410M
    Asus board
    6gb DDR3 (4+2gb)
    OCZ Agility 3 SSD 240gb
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M 1GB
    15,6inch (1366x768)
    Windows 7 Home Premium

i want to use it for work and play Aion on it, how well will this laptop could play Aion?

I know the Aion specs: AION

but i also want to see some quality in-game not just everything on low to do well...

puma99dk|, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Unable To Connect Boase Headphones To ASUS Laptop.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the model number of the Bose headphone?
    2. How are you trying to connect the headphones to the laptop?
    3. What is the model number of your ASUS laptop?
    4. Are you using a wired or a wireless Bose headphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Connecting To A Computer
    and try connecting your headphones to the laptop.

If you are still facing issues connecting the headphones to the laptop, I suggest you to elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 30, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Need help on my very old Asus K53SV laptop

Bluetooth driver/adapter gone after updating from Win 7 to Win 10

Hi, does your laptop actually include bluetooth or are you using a dongle?

This indicates bluetooth is not available:
    Asus K53SV-A1 Notebook Laptop specs
    K53SV | Notebooks | ASUS Global
    - it's listed as 'optional'
    But it may depend on your precise model.

Try running a scan with Drivermax (2 drivers free a day). Note: routine use of driver scanners is strongly discouraged.

More: you could check your laptop specs with ASUS to find out more about your hardware.
    You can try the old versions- if they don't work, uninstall them..
    But note this:
    Bluetooth Universal Windows driver model for Windows 10 (Windows Drivers)

Also check your laptop compatibility with Windows 10 - does Asus have a compatibility list?

And scan Asus's forum for similar reports.

While you can find sites like this:
    Fix ASUS K53SV Bluetooth Drivers problem For Windows 10 64 bit
    I have no idea whether they are valid.

dalchina, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Need help on my very old Asus K53SV laptop

1. Need help on my very old Asus K53SV laptop - Similar Threads - Need help very

2. Need help with Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with Asus laptop: I need help trying to startup my Asus laptop. A friend gave it to me as a hand me down, and she decided to reset it before giving it to me. Somehow, she got it stuck in the aptio utility screen. I’ve scoured everything trying to fix this. It is an Asus Q302L. I’ve tried the...
  3. Need help with Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with Asus laptop: I need help trying to startup my Asus laptop. A friend gave it to me as a hand me down, and she decided to reset it before giving it to me. Somehow, she got it stuck in the aptio utility screen. I’ve scoured everything trying to fix this. It is an Asus Q302L. I’ve tried the...
  4. Need Help Wiping Old Laptops!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need Help Wiping Old Laptops!: I have 5 old laptops my grandparents gifted me, in hopes that I am able to get them cleaned up and reset. I am not the most tech savvy when it comes to Windows stuff..... The main problem I am having is the laptops are password protected, and my grandparents have no idea what...
  5. Need Help Wiping Old Laptops!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Wiping Old Laptops!: I have 5 old laptops my grandparents gifted me, in hopes that I am able to get them cleaned up and reset. I am not the most tech savvy when it comes to Windows stuff..... The main problem I am having is the laptops are password protected, and my grandparents have no idea what...
  6. Need Help Wiping Old Laptops!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Need help on finding what causes bsod on my Asus laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help on finding what causes bsod on my Asus laptop: Hello,Recently I have been getting bsod´s about once per day or sometimes once every 2 days.I have run memtest86+ and found a one bit error with a cumulative total of 7 errors over 4 passes. I suspect that at least I have an issue with my RAM.minidumps, system info and...
  8. Need a browser for very old netbook.

in Browsers and Email
    Need a browser for very old netbook.: I have Acer Aspire One 722 netbook with C60 processor. On this very old machine, I switched from Linux Mint 19.3 XFCE to Windows 10 Enterprise 1809. Surprisingly, this version of Windows 10 runs better than XFCE for some reason. Any body know why? Any ways, the only issue...
  9. Need a browser for very old netbook.

in Windows 10 Support
    Need a browser for very old netbook.: I have Acer Aspire One 722 netbook with C60 processor. On this very old machine, I switched from Linux Mint 19.3 XFCE to Windows 10 Enterprise 1809. Surprisingly, this version of Windows 10 runs better than XFCE for some reason. Any body know why? Any ways, the only issue...
  10. Need help with bios for Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with bios for Asus laptop: hi, i'm trying to figure which bios i should be using from the asus website. the laptop is asus k52n running windows10 x64 pro. the current bios reads v2.13, dated 08/21/2010. the asus website has nothing listed for windows 10. there is a choice between "windows 7...