Windows 10: Need Help Picking Graphics Card

Discus and support Need Help Picking Graphics Card in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I got a new PC, in a sense. The Acer I took to be fixed had died and he built me a PC using a Advent Windows 10 Tower. Long story short, it's a Advent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Meriandressial, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Need Help Picking Graphics Card

I got a new PC, in a sense. The Acer I took to be fixed had died and he built me a PC using a Advent Windows 10 Tower. Long story short, it's a Advent Tower, Dell Monitor, Acer Keyboard and Mouse.

To avoid my new PC dying , I need to get a graphics card so I can game.
    And I LOVE gaming!

Can anyone recommend a graphics card that isnt too expensive.

I have a screenshot of the specs, from Speccy. But my keyboard and monitor is going. It scrolls and does stuff I don't want to.
    It made writing this post on the PC impossible.
    So I am writing it on my tablet.

I will put the picture here soon.

So, what graphics card do you recommend? It needs to be under £100. I play free online , games from various sources, and 1 steam bought game curently.
    I may be getting some of games at some point, so it needs to handle them.
    I'm not fussy over graphics or specs. I just need to not kill the PC.

:)

Meriandressial, Sep 17, 2016
  2. FASXO Win User

Fujitsu Lifebook freezes on initial setup

I found one work around if you do not need much (for now) the NVIDIA graphics adapter. After Windows 10 installation (without the OmniPass Softex application), boot into safe mode and disable the NVIDIA adapter. Reboot and voila you are in Windows 10.
    I now have a full Windows 7 installation (both graphics cards) and one Windows 10 installation with the Intel graphics card. Hope it helps until MS fixes this problem with dual graphics cards. I thought they would have pick it up before the big launch. Cheers.

FASXO, Sep 17, 2016
  3. ws04 Win User
    Laptop doesn't seem to have come with graphics card / System Thread Exception Not Handled BSOD

Hello. My laptop is supposed to have come with a graphics card (a NVIDIA geforce), but the computer doesn't pick it up.

When I downloaded the driver downloading software from NVIDIA, it said that it did not register a graphics card.

Also, I am getting a graphics card driver-related BSOD (System Thread Exception Not Handled).

What should I do?

Thanks.

4. bobkn Win User

Need Help Picking Graphics Card

You may get better advice after you post some specs.

However, I suggest a card based on the nVidia 750ti chipset. You can get versions of it that don't require an auxiliary PCI-E power connection, so they would work with most PSUs (> 300W).

I suggest that you get the PC running properly before sticking in a new graphics card.

bobkn, Sep 18, 2016
  5. Thank you.
    It is running properly. The keyboards obnoxious but I figured the thing most likely to kill it is stress from no graphics card.

The file format for the screenshot isnt uplaoding. so copy paste of it.
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Pentium G620 @ 2.60GHz 32 °C
    Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
    RAM
    4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz (7-7-7-20)
    Motherboard
    Foxconn H61MXL/H61MXL-K (SOCKET 0) 30 °C
    Graphics
    DELL S1909WN (1366x768@60Hz)
    Intel HD Graphics (Foxconn)
    Storage
    931GB Seagate ST31000524AS (SATA) 31 °C
    Optical Drives
    ATAPI iHAS124 B
    Audio
    USB Audio Device

Meriandressial, Sep 18, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Do you happen to know the wattage of the power supply? That's going to help figure out what graphic card your system can handle.

BunnyJ, Sep 18, 2016
  7. Motherboard
    Manufacturer Foxconn
    Model H61MXL/H61MXL-K (SOCKET 0)
    Chipset Vendor Intel
    Chipset Model Sandy Bridge
    Chipset Revision 09
    Southbridge Vendor Intel
    Southbridge Model H61
    Southbridge Revision B3
    System Temperature 32 °C
    BIOS
    Brand American Megatrends Inc.
    Version B63D3P04
    Date 22/09/2011
    Voltage
    CPU CORE 0.752 V
    MEMORY CONTROLLER 0.176 V
    AVCC 3.392 V
    3VCC 3.392 V
    VIN4 0.488 V
    VIN5 1.008 V
    VIN6 1.112 V
    is that showing it?

8. BunnyJ New Member

No unfortunately. Without the power supply wattage it's going to be hard to help select a graphic card.

Do you have the model of the PC?? That might help us find the specs for the power supply.

BunnyJ, Sep 18, 2016
  9. Its a Advent. Was Windows 7 but now is windows 10. It is refurbished, so it wasnt mine when new. So I dont know what its long name is that would be on the box etc. It has intel pentium stuff.

10. BunnyJ New Member
    So far I think the model is this: DT1404.

And I haven't found out what the wattage of the power supply is and I don't want to guess what it is at this stage. I'll look around some more.
    Update: That's it.. it's a DT1404. Here's the link to the specs.
    UKT Support - Advent DT1404 PC

The PU(power supply) could be as low as 300w or up to 400w or even 450w. If I use the 300w I'll see what you might be able to get.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Sep 18, 2016
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Sep 18, 2016
  12. bobkn Win User
    I see that the Foxconn H61MXL has a PCI-E X16 slot, revision 3.0. That's good.

You won't normally get any power supply information from software. There is no real data interface between the PSU and the PC. The simplest way to get its specs would be to open the case. There's a sticker with its ratings on the side of the PSU. (It may not be easily readable, depending on how the PSU is mounted.)

This is an example of the type of card that I suggest, if your PSU makes at least 300W:

http://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Prod...82E16814487025

bobkn, Sep 18, 2016
  13. Need Help Picking Graphics Card

A GT 730 would do right. Your system more efficient than mine and should do you that with your 300w power supply (I tried running my setup with a 250W and a GeForce 210 and it isn't breaking sweat)

RoasterMen, Sep 18, 2016
  14. Thank you. It is that model. It turns out he brought it in the box.
    Thatll make it somewhat easier maybe.

Meriandressial, Sep 19, 2016
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    Good deal. There are good options posted here and I think you shouldn't have trouble finding a nice card for your price range and that will not overwhelm your power supply. Personally I like the EVGA line, YMMV.

BunnyJ, Sep 19, 2016
Thema:

1. Need Help Picking Graphics Card - Similar Threads - Need Help Picking

2. Graphics Card Needed for Minecraft?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Graphics Card Needed for Minecraft?: I get this message when my computer is switched on. 1720-SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure.Failing Drive: SATAOFailing Attribute: #05Have to press F1 to continue booting.I hadded a stick of DIMM. Still same message. I added second stick of DIMM, no message computer...
  3. Graphic card need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphic card need help: My computer has a GeForce GTX 960 in but my pc only loads on when it is on Microsoft basic display adapter , and when I try download driver update my screen just goes black and help? I’ve been trying to fix it for so long, it’s annoying submitted by /u/OwenJxcob [link]...
  4. Graphics Card Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics Card Help: I recently fixed my laptop, and once I booted everything up, I decided to update everything. However I got a flickering issue so I disabled my graphics card and the problem was fixed. However, now everything on my laptop runs slower, yet if I update the graphics card, my...
  5. I need help with graphics card and cpu prioritization

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I need help with graphics card and cpu prioritization: So apparently, I didn't have Intel Graphics driver installed, but now it automatically downloaded on my computer after switching monitors. Now when I try and load up a game, it uses my CPU for rendering the game and not my GPU. It makes the game very slow and I assume that...
  6. Need help reinstalling AMD graphic card.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help reinstalling AMD graphic card.: Hi guys, I use Windows 10. I accidentally uninstalled my AMD Radeon R5 M335 Graphic Card from my Dell Inspiron. I went to Device Manager -> Computer ->double click on the AMD Radeon card -> uninstalled. Is there any way I can reinstall? Did the graphic card just popped out...
  7. Graphics Card Guidance Needed

Graphics Card Guidance Needed: I'm looking for some guidance on what graphics card or graphics chipset to consider. The computer has a G620 processor at 2.6GHz and runs Windows 10. It has a 380-watt PSU. The computer is used for playing web videos, web browsing, displaying photographs, playing DVD's,...
  8. my specs and graphic card help needed

my specs and graphic card help needed: im using a site called can i run, to check if my pc will play games, im using intel hd graphics, pixel shader 4.1 vortexshader version 4.1 dedicated video ram 32mb, is it possible to replace intel hd graphics on my pc to a new video card pref 2gb also using intel core...
  9. Need help finding a graphics card

Need help finding a graphics card: So I have been using the video card that came stock on my motherboard (the motherboard is the Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3) and It is fine but a little laggy. I need a Video card that could handle these games at good settings Minecraft, Roblox, Spore, Sims 3 (EPs I have is...
  10. Need help with SLI Graphics Card Issue.

Need help with SLI Graphics Card Issue.: Hey, I'm having a bit of an Issue, out of the blue, I'm unable to SLI my 780Ti's (Driver 355.82). The cards themselves are detected in Device Manager at the same time, but one always has this error doesn't matter which one it is) when they are both plugged in (SLI bridged or...