Windows 10: NEED HELP PLEASE *BOOTMGR IS MISSING* AFTER TODAYS WINDOWS UPDATES

Discus and support NEED HELP PLEASE *BOOTMGR IS MISSING* AFTER TODAYS WINDOWS UPDATES in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So my operating system used to be windows 7 which I updated for free via windows to windows 10 a few years back. Today I had a big update which took... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by par1sons, May 14, 2020.

1. par1sons Win User

NEED HELP PLEASE *BOOTMGR IS MISSING* AFTER TODAYS WINDOWS UPDATES

So my operating system used to be windows 7 which I updated for free via windows to windows 10 a few years back. Today I had a big update which took about 30 minutes and when it restarted I got a black screen saying BOOTMGR.... I pressed CTRL, ALT DELETE but it kept returning back to the same message.

Out of panic I then whacked in my original windows 7 disc hoping it would repair the issue but instead its trying to install windows 7! Im worried to death I will lose all my personal files, can someone please offer advice on how to fix this issue please?

I have no windows 10 cd so im at a complete loss. Im no computer wizz kid unfortunately.

Any help is better than where I am right now.

Thanks all

Andy

:)

par1sons, May 14, 2020

2. missing bootmgr

Try this

CrackerJack, May 14, 2020
  3. Ravenas Win User
    BOOTMGR is missing.......

BOOTMGR is missing... I attempted to install Windows Vista and Windows Vista had an error occur and could not install... I waited 30 mins for it to exit the install but it never did... Consequently, I restarted the computer...

Ever since then I get this message...

"BOOTMGR is missing..."

"Press CTRL+ALT+DLT to restart."

Everytime I do nothing happens... Same message.

What do I do?? *Confused NEED HELP PLEASE *BOOTMGR IS MISSING* AFTER TODAYS WINDOWS UPDATES :confused:

Ravenas, May 14, 2020
  4. NEED HELP PLEASE *BOOTMGR IS MISSING* AFTER TODAYS WINDOWS UPDATES

missing bootmgr

My friends computer took a dump on him a couple times already and this time it says its missing bootmgr press ctrl alt delete to restart and it just keeps doing it over and over again. Ive tried booting off the disk and repairing it from the windows 7 disk but that didnt help it just shuts down when it says windows is starting.

Would running chkdsk fix this??

EDIT: I am able to boot into safemode

MxPhenom 216, May 14, 2020
Thema:

NEED HELP PLEASE *BOOTMGR IS MISSING* AFTER TODAYS WINDOWS UPDATES

1. NEED HELP PLEASE *BOOTMGR IS MISSING* AFTER TODAYS WINDOWS UPDATES - Similar Threads - NEED HELP PLEASE

2. BootMgr missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BootMgr missing: The Windows 7 laptop upgraded to Windows 10 version 1803 is now totally inactive. The boot shows mgr missing. I don't have any installed device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootmgr-missing/53116ad5-a0df-4ab2-bdc4-6f7515fb55a5
  3. BOOTMGR is missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BOOTMGR is missing: BOOTMGR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart How can I fix this? My laptop won't boot up. I have Windows 10 OS. IMPORTANT: I'm assuming it's because yesterday I went to disk management and merged disks D and C Delete Volume D, Extend Volume C. So now I only have 1...
  4. BOOTMGR IS MISSING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BOOTMGR IS MISSING: Good afternoon folks. I have 500GB HDD. I wanted to boot my laptop and l was greeted with the above message, BOOTMGR IS MISSING. I was told told to press CTR+ALT+DEL to restart but this did not work when I performed the operation. I was forced to use my 160GB HDD rather...
  5. bootmgr missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bootmgr missing: bootmgr missing. will not load. have win 10 as a free upgrade over win 7 (about 2 years). Stopped working a couple days ago. When I can occasionally get to the DOS prompt, I am back to DOS 6.1.76. That may be because I have used both the win 10 and win7 recovery disks in...
  6. Bootmgr is missing

Bootmgr is missing: I did the most recent beta update yesterday and my computer is still processing it, 24 hours later. Now I get the “bootmgr is missing” error msg on reboot and i don’t have and cant find a copy of windows 10 recovery disk.....
  7. Need Help Please After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help Please After Windows Update: After the last Windows 10 update a few days ago, my main PC crashed almost immediately and then continued (unsuccessfully) TRYING to auto repair, reboot, and just going in a never ending loop. Having backups, I decided to try a full reinstall of Windows10. All was fine...
  8. BootMgr Is Missing After Update from Win7

BootMgr Is Missing After Update from Win7: I recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win10. The upgrade went smoothly with one big exception: after I boot Win 10 it inevitably crashes a day or two later with the dreaded "BootMgr is missing Press Ctrl-Alt-Del to restart" error message. To be clear, Win 10 starts and runs fine...
  9. BOOTMGR is Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    BOOTMGR is Missing: Hi, Having some issues with a desktop upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and was hoping someone might be able to help. The PC was upgraded last Friday with no issues, and has been used and rebooted several times since then, again with no issues encountered. Last night I...
  10. Bootmgr is missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootmgr is missing: I had my pc running last month, then when I was on my laptop it started crashing, turned out it was due to an update from malware bytes I eventually went to my main PC and all I get now is bootmgr is missing and all I get now is a black screen I've tried putting in a pen...