Windows 10: Need help please - total IT novice

Discus and support Need help please - total IT novice in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Lenovo ideapad has following issue The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system. File:\BCD Error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Harvey1BB, May 9, 2020.

1. Harvey1BB Win User

Need help please - total IT novice

Lenovo ideapad has following issue

The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system.

File:\BCD

Error code: 0xc0000098

Is it possible to fix without taking to an expert?

Thanks

:)

Harvey1BB, May 9, 2020
  2. fifiems Win User

Help a novice with nokia 5300 music player!!

Can anyone help, i'm a complete techno novice. I got a nokia 5300 as a present and am trying to put music onto it, only I have a Mac and am unable to use the xpressmusic software. Any solutions, would be really grateful for a step by step guide. Thanks.

fifiems, May 9, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, May 9, 2020
  4. Need help please - total IT novice

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Need help please - total IT novice

1. Need help please - total IT novice - Similar Threads - Need help please

2. HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!!!: When i play forza horizon 4 on my pc It's suddenly drops frames,when i first time open the game it works absolutely fine @60fps high settings.but when i enter the menu againfor 2nd time to change the car then frames suddenly drops drastically!!!even my while pc lagging and...
  3. need help !Please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need help !Please: I purchased acer laptop from flipcart in which microsoft windows came preinstalled in my laptop.After a one and half year .I don't know how windows get currupted ,results all my data got loss.I was in college ,I need instant os then i uninstalled windows and install ubuntu...
  4. Help needed please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help needed please: On my laptop when I close the lid it will shutdown after couple of minutes. Before it will only goes to sleep and it is there when I open it. But now, I need to restart the PC because it shuts me down. I didnt change on anything about this laptop and I make sure that the PC...
  5. Please need help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please need help: PC stuck at the welcome screen right now. I cant get the sign in page to open. This Windows 10 always have issue. Before I performed clean install just to fix windows 10 update issue and that is a long time ago. Now, the PC stuck at welcome and nothing help. If I need to...
  6. Need help please!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help please!: So unfortunately for me i was watching a movie last night when it said my internet connection has stopped and error etc... which is now working and fixed but i experienced a issue when my internet cut out at that time, my pictures/videos and settings and mail were all...
  7. Need help please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help please: So yesterday i updated my win10 and every time before a update it start lagging and going all robot mode with me. It always ends after the update. But today ir happened 3 times and the one way to fix it temporarily is to shut it down, it doesn't even wanna go down itself i...
  8. need help please

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    need help please: windows 10 not activating after hardware change even tho its installed on already on my SSD and has a digital code on my account...
  9. novice needs help

novice needs help: A couple weeks ago, for the first time, started to get the blue screen, video scheduling error. I updated driver was ok for a day, then blue screen, restart, restart. Yesterday, everything just stopped. Was this an update for windows 10 that went bad? I never had problems...
  10. need help please

need help please: I can't download battle net app on my pc to play blizzard games it wont even download it says on 1 or 2 percent and doesn't go up ugh please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-please/85742886-788d-4482-ba68-682a568b0dae