Windows 10: Need help reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change

Discus and support Need help reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I've just made a significant hardware change recently. I changed almost everything in my PC except the GPU and storage devices. I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Huynh Nhat Thanh, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Need help reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change

Hello,

I've just made a significant hardware change recently. I changed almost everything in my PC except the GPU and storage devices.

I tried to reactivate Windows 10 but got stuck at the "select device" step.

Windows doesn't include my "new" PC in the list.

This is my devices list on Microsoft website:

Need help reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change 344bd02f-2bc3-401a-b884-277dc819e8b4?upload=true.jpg

This is the devices list in "Reactivate" screen:

Need help reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change 9ddeac3d-547d-450e-b455-c43fb237c2ec?upload=true.jpg

Did i change too many parts and get "disqualified" to re-use my Windows license?

If not, is there anything I can do to reactive my Windows?

:)

Huynh Nhat Thanh, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Need help reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change

1. Need help reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change - Similar Threads - Need help reactivate

2. Reactivation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivation after hardware change: Hello, I changed hardware(Motherboard and CPU) and want to reactivate windows but it wont work. I do have a retail version and made sure my account was linked to my digital license so as to avoid any issues for reactivation. I tried to contact Microsoft support twice to...
  3. Reactivate windows after hardware change

Reactivate windows after hardware change: I'm trying to reactivate windows 10 after a hardware change. This link describes how to do it, but seems to assume you prepare before changing hardware by connecting the windows 10 license to the microsoft account, which I had not done....
  4. Reactivating Windows 10 After a Hardware Change

Reactivating Windows 10 After a Hardware Change: Hello! Yesterday I had to replace my motherboard due to underlying issues, such as audio problems. Previous motherboard was a MSI B150 Gaming M3, and I just upgraded to a Gigabyte B450 Aorus M. Now, on my other motherboard, I had Windows 10 anniversary edition. I didn't know...
  5. reactivation after hardware change

reactivation after hardware change: I had to basicaly rebuild my pc after it broke so pretty much a new system. I tried reactivating it and went through the troubleshooter but it won't reactivate is ther anything else i coud try?...
  6. Windows Reactivation after Hardware Change

Windows Reactivation after Hardware Change: I originally installed Windows 10 as a free upgrade from Windows 7, then linked the license to my Microsoft Account. Now I've upgraded most of my hardware and the troubleshooter is telling me I don't have a valid license that matches my device type. The Error Code I'm getting...
  7. Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change: hi i need some reactivating windows after I upgraded my computer, I have already tried the troubleshooter and what this (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change) said. thanks...
  8. Windows 10 not reactivating after hardware change

Windows 10 not reactivating after hardware change: I changed the motherboard in my pc recently. I associated the device with my Microsoft account beforehand so I could continue using Windows 10. It worked initially, but since yesterday it says that my version of windows is not activated. The same device is now also listed...
  9. Windows 10 Reactivation after hardware change

Windows 10 Reactivation after hardware change: So I've recently changed out my mobo for a new one and I've tried to run the troubleshooter for reactivating windows, it prompts me to log into my Microsoft account in which I did, then it showed my device to choose to activate windows on, I did that, but after it gives an...
  10. Reactivating after a hardware change

Reactivating after a hardware change: just upgraded my motherboard and processer and now I cant reactivate windows jus get the following message error code 0xc004c003 Unable to activate Windows We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later. anyone know what I need to do to fix this...