Windows 10: Need help recovering documents

Discus and support Need help recovering documents in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! so earlier today around 2-3 am my laptop froze then proceeded to shut down. I then turned it on again and logged in but I noticed all my data and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KateRios, Jul 7, 2020.

1. KateRios Win User

Need help recovering documents

Hi! so earlier today around 2-3 am my laptop froze then proceeded to shut down. I then turned it on again and logged in but I noticed all my data and documents were deleted, I haven’t been able to find them and when I try to open up apps they wont load or open at all! Sorry if this was a bit confusing im sort if in a rush but it’d be nice if i could get some help!

:)

KateRios, Jul 7, 2020

2. .Recover shredded document in Word

Hi Janice,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you follow the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Open word application and click the File tab.
    2. Click on Info > Manage Document >
      Recover Unsaved Documents.
    3. A list of unsaved files are shown.
    4. Look for the file try opening and saving it.

You can also refer to
    Back up and restore your files
    under the section Restore your files for more details.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Manjunath_H, Jul 7, 2020
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Need help recovering documents

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Need help recovering documents

1. Need help recovering documents - Similar Threads - Need help recovering

2. Need help recovering accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help recovering accounts: I need to recovery two accounts for some reason it’s has been blocked me even tho I know the correct password to login I’ve tried recovering it with the form had no joy when I know the details are correct and also Microsoft have blocked the account I normally get the code...
  3. Need help recovering accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help recovering accounts: I need to recovery two accounts for some reason it’s has been blocked me even tho I know the correct password to login I’ve tried recovering it with the form had no joy when I know the details are correct and also Microsoft have blocked the account I normally get the code...
  4. I need help recovering a lost document after restarting my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help recovering a lost document after restarting my computer: I had an open microsoft word document I have been working on - - I restarted my computer and the document is totally gone and I can’t find it. I didn’t save it so I am wondering if it is just gone....
  5. I need help recovering a lost document after restarting my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help recovering a lost document after restarting my computer: I had an open microsoft word document I have been working on - - I restarted my computer and the document is totally gone and I can’t find it. I didn’t save it so I am wondering if it is just gone....
  6. need help with a pdf document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need help with a pdf document: hi i have some documents that need to be filled on my lapto. i am unable to type on personal forms. how am i able to type on actual document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-a-pdf-document/08b90113-92d2-492d-9e7a-d340ebef5350
  7. To recover document

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    To recover document: My laptop all files are converted in to .carote file format. All my personal files are hidden. Even I use scanner malwarebyte, I cannot recover my laptop. How to resolve this problem....
  8. To recover document

To recover document: My laptop all files are converted in to .carote file format. All my personal files are hidden. Even I use scanner malwarebyte, I cannot recover my laptop. How to resolve this problem....
  9. Recover a document

Recover a document: how can I recover a 594 Word document from February 3rd 2019 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-a-document/49110b59-4d7a-4b42-b12c-192abd6285fc
  10. Need help with recovering windows.

Need help with recovering windows.: Hi, the hard drive in my laptop was failing, so I used the tool in windows to make a recovery usb drive. Now i have replaced the hard drive, but I can's seem to get the restore drive to work correctly. BIOS lets me run a test on the hard drive, and that all ends up fine, but...