Windows 10: Need help recovering formatted systems reserved partition on old boot drive.

Discus and support Need help recovering formatted systems reserved partition on old boot drive. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; To preface, I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu and wasn't able to boot from my original boot drive. Tried messing around with a new OS installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JTwarfreak, Dec 10, 2022.

1. Need help recovering formatted systems reserved partition on old boot drive.

To preface, I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu and wasn't able to boot from my original boot drive. Tried messing around with a new OS installation and it wouldn't go on any of the partitions so I deleted the system's partition to see if that would do anything and eventually decided to just get a new ssd and make a clean install there. Everything is all setup and I still have the old drive with the files untouched, just missing the systems reserved partition.The problem is I need to boot up from the old drive to recover some encrypted browser files but I need help figuring out if I can reb

:)

JTwarfreak, Dec 10, 2022

2. Recover data from a RAW partition

I think you should mention that which file system you used. As per of my experience I suggest you Remo Recover utility to recover data from old hard drive. I think it will be helpful for you.

RonaldMethew, Dec 10, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Hard Drive(GTP) wont boot up after formatting Recovery, Reserved(MSR) and system partition.

I made a bootable Windows 7 USB (32 GB) and booted my pc with it, in the installation menu it was asking me to choose a partition out of the 6 partition from my
    main hard drive (1TB) not the USB (32GB) on which it was booted on.

The six of partitions of my hard drive which were shown are -

1. system partition (100mb)
    2. Recovery Partition (499mb)
    3. Reserved Partition (16 mb) (MSR)
    4. my c drive
    5. my d drive
    6. my e drive
    I didn't think anything and formatted the first 3 partitions, the system, Recovery and the Reserved(MSR) partition, i didn't notice anything until i decided to reboot my pc
    after un-plugging the bootable USB. When i started my pc without the bootable USB it was giving me an error which said that it didn't detect any bootable hard drive, so i plugged my USB and tried to fix the the hard drive from cmd. I have watched
    Hundreds of videos since then, tried to change the boot modes (UEFI / LEGACY ), un-plugged and plugged the hard drive twice, tried the system reserved partition fix, but nothing solved my issue ( i was trying to fix my main 1TB hard drive from the bootable
    USB, because the hard drive won't boot), after reading lots of posts and watching all those videos, i think i have some idea that what might have happened, i think i
    formatted the three hidden system partition, which I wasn't supposed to touch at all, and that had all deleted the booting mechanics. I tried a lot of fixed, at one point i
    deleted ( not formatted) the 16Mb MSR reserved partition and re-created it (it was empty anyways and i was desperate) but it didn't help. I don't want to reinstall a fresh windows on my hard drive because I don't want to lose data. Is there
    any way in which i can boot into windows again with my hard drive without any data loss?

Addition info -

• I have a GTP hard drive
    • My pc doesn't have system reserved partition, it instead has a different system and reserved (MSR) partition.
    Please ask me if i didn't make anything clear.

XcaliberDotCpp, Dec 10, 2022
  4. Johan45 Win User

Need help recovering formatted systems reserved partition on old boot drive.

Win7 System Reserved Partition Full

Win 7 System Reserved Partition full
    I have a couple SSD's , One has a Dual boot Win7 x64 pro on both partitions and the second I recently installed Vista 32. It was installed with the other drive disconnected. At some point I reconnected the dual boot drive and when in vista. It said that my E; drive was full and sure enough I formatted the second partition and it won't let me install Win7 again. It's sayin that the reserve is full and can't proceed.
    Went back into Vista and these 2 folders appear in the reserve. boot and the one with all the usage is $WINDOWS.~LS I googled that folder with no real results.
    Does anyone know if I could just delete it or is there a better way to resolve this so I can get Win7 installed on the second partition again??
    Thanks

Johan45, Dec 10, 2022
Thema:

Need help recovering formatted systems reserved partition on old boot drive.

1. Need help recovering formatted systems reserved partition on old boot drive. - Similar Threads - Need help recovering

2. Need help recovering formatted systems reserved partition on old boot drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help recovering formatted systems reserved partition on old boot drive.: To preface, I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu and wasn't able to boot from my original boot drive. Tried messing around with a new OS installation and it wouldn't go on any of the partitions so I deleted the system's partition to see if that would do anything and...
  3. Need help recovering formatted systems reserved partition on old boot drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help recovering formatted systems reserved partition on old boot drive.: To preface, I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu and wasn't able to boot from my original boot drive. Tried messing around with a new OS installation and it wouldn't go on any of the partitions so I deleted the system's partition to see if that would do anything and...
  4. System Reserved Partition

System Reserved Partition: Hello, I did some storage upgrade on my system by adding an M.2 NVME 1TB SSD drive and cloned my old drive that has windows 10 operating system. I now have two systems reserved partition on both the old and newly installed drive. The system reserved section limits my...
  5. System reserved partition on secondary drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System reserved partition on secondary drive: I have two drives, a SSD and HDD. I just did a fresh install of Win10 on my SSD. For some reason, the system reserved partition wound up on my HDD instead. I did some Googling and it sounds like the best practice is to disconnect secondary drives before installing, which I...
  6. Delete Old System Reserved Partition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete Old System Reserved Partition?: Hi, I have just built a new PC and have installed a new installation of Windows on an NVMe drive. I then took out my old hard drives from my previous PC and installed them in my new one, I want to be able to use them all for storage. When I go into Disk Management I see all...
  7. No System Reserved Partition help?

in Windows 10 Support
    No System Reserved Partition help?: disk management isn't showing system reserved partition but there is 500mb unallocated space only. [img] 148775
  8. Move System Reserved Partition to Allow GPT Formatting

Move System Reserved Partition to Allow GPT Formatting: I built my own computer with a 500GB SSD and 4TB HDD. Unfortunately I made the mistake of having both drives connected when installing Windows 10 for the first time, and now there's a System Reserved partition on my HDD. The problem with that is that it's only recognizing...
  9. Need help with windows 10 System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help with windows 10 System Reserved Partition: Hello, Am trying to upgrade a windows 7 desktop to windows 10 but anytime I try to download windows 10 I get this: "Windows 10 couldn't be installed. We couldn't update the system reserved partition." What can I do get this fixed to get windows 10 on this computer?...
  10. No system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No system reserved partition: Installed a Samsung SSD on my Asus CM6730-06 desktop running Win7. the Win7 OS was cloned from the Asus Pc to Samsung SSD. Windows 7 runs great off the SSD. Got a Windows 10 upgrade notice and received an automatic download of Win10 but when it tries to install I get the...