Windows 10: Need help regarding internet sharing.

Discus and support Need help regarding internet sharing. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I am a windows user. Recently I am experiencing the need to share mobile data from my laptop to other devices. I have a D-link modem via which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Windows user5678, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Need help regarding internet sharing.

Hello! I am a windows user. Recently I am experiencing the need to share mobile data from my laptop to other devices. I have a D-link modem via which I access Cellular data. Now I want to share this data via hotspot to my mobile.

I have used the mobile hotspot function. But it shows this error even when I am connected to my cellular network: Need help regarding internet sharing. 66531b9d-1644-4df1-bbbb-37b7a29b4558?upload=true.png

How can I solve this? Can any expert user please help me with this problem. Fast reply will be appreciated.

:)

Windows user5678, Oct 3, 2020
  2. SUB
    SuB Win User

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

3. Unable to share internet connection"Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled for connection 'tunnel_32769'

Hello Graham,

We regret the inconvenience and we also appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the laptop you are using?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Did you verify if the Internet connection Services is running?

• Are you normally connect to internet even when the network sharing fails?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

We also need which of the following cases of network sharing applies to your case:

1. One laptop using its Ethernet connection for Internet access and its WiFi adapter to broadcast.

2. One laptop that is connected to the Internet through a mobile USB modem and broadcasts the wireless network through its WiFi adapter.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the following steps help to resolve the issue.

Step-1. Disable wi-fi adapter.

Step-2. Enable it again.

Step-3. Create wi-fi hot spot again.

Step-4. Now share network connection from where internet is connected to wi-fi hotspot adapter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Internet connection Sharing in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Eloise T. Win User

Need help regarding internet sharing.

internet sharing is not happening in lumia720

Hello Senthamizh,

Thank you for posting in the forum.

I understand that when you connect you Nokia Lumia 720 with your computer, it shows only a limited connectivity.

First of all, make sure that you have followed all the steps for internet sharing:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/start/share-my-connection

Then, You can try to follow the steps listed by Andy K' in this post:

not able to connect to internet on windows 8 laptop via lumia 720 hot spot

I hope this will help you to solve your issue.

Regards,

Eloise T., Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Need help regarding internet sharing.

1. Need help regarding internet sharing. - Similar Threads - Need help regarding

2. Need help regarding Windows Security and defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help regarding Windows Security and defender: Hi, yesterday I had issues after downloading an old game from Ocean of Games. The steps to install were,1. Install "Avengers AIO."2. Disable Defender with the software they provided.3. Install the setup.After that getting issues like,1. When I open Windows Security, it shows...
  3. Need help regarding Windows Security and defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help regarding Windows Security and defender: Hi, yesterday I had issues after downloading an old game from Ocean of Games. The steps to install were,1. Install "Avengers AIO."2. Disable Defender with the software they provided.3. Install the setup.After that getting issues like,1. When I open Windows Security, it shows...
  4. Need help regarding drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help regarding drivers: So, I have a Sony Vaio laptop purhcase in the year 2012 with windows 8 by default and on 2019, it's hard disk failed. Now, I have purchased a new hdd and installed windows 10. But, I am struck in a tragedy. Neither Windows update install correct driver nor manufacturer have...
  5. need help regarding this error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    need help regarding this error: [ATTACH] can anyone help me with this error as i have no idea what cause it and have no idea on how to solve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-regarding-this-error/2e3a6fd9-4e81-4a49-80ab-7bba78a05f7c
  6. I need help regarding resolutions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help regarding resolutions: So I was using my TV as a monitor for my laptop to watch movies and stuff, I then realized if I change the resolution to the one higher than the default one on my laptop there are less pixels and it's more clear. Of course there was some Visible Changes (on the laptop...
  7. Need help with network sharing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with network sharing: Hi I'm using a program called pdanet+ so that I can play on my ps4 and I have 2 laptops One has windows 10 and one has windows 8 The windows 8 laptop is from 2014 but it does a faster job than my beefy windows 10 laptop is there any way to make my windows 10 laptop make a...
  8. Need Help regarding these problem

in Cortana
    Need Help regarding these problem: [ATTACH]Need Help[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-regarding-these-problem/4753cd57-6f0e-462c-8761-fc1d35514bef"
  9. Need help regarding Upgradation of W-10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need help regarding Upgradation of W-10: Dear sir, I have lenovo i5 PC. Its system requirement meet for window 10. At present it have Window-7. Nw I want to upgrade to Window-10. kindly tell me, at present can I do upgrade it to Window 10. Madhab Mitra...
  10. Need help regarding misfunction of OS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help regarding misfunction of OS: I might have deleted some system files recently by mistake and it is very difficult to use my PC now. Every .exe file I open asks me to choose a program to open it with, even many of the system apps and processes ask this now. Like task manager or different troubleshooters. I...