Windows 10: Need help reinstalling metro apps

Discus and support Need help reinstalling metro apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was installing this new game and it had errors, part of the troubleshooting of said game was to nuke the app data folder. I have deleted things from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mansome, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Mansome Win User

Need help reinstalling metro apps

I was installing this new game and it had errors, part of the troubleshooting of said game was to nuke the app data folder. I have deleted things from this folder in the past on previous OSes just fine with no issues. However after killing this folder the start menu did not work nor did cortana or onedrive. I did find a solution to partially fix it as it restore some of the apps. However its not working specifically for the Windows store. My thoughts is because the guides I found on this were made before the fall update that the name of the apps have changed slightly or something else is different that I have to do. Is there any guide that is updated for the fall update that shows how to reinstall the Windows Store? I have already done the dism restorehealth thing too before someone suggests that.

:)

Mansome, Dec 12, 2015

2. Settings doesn’t launch, or launches the Store instead

if not metro apps use 3rd party tools. or manual users/../AppData and regedit.exe export interest app under old account and import under new one;

if about metro apps, connect you new account with same online ms account, then reinstall/sync; didn't try but it should work;

it's a lot of work;

so if new account creation helped my above instruction should be helpful and new account creation not needed;

max optimus, Dec 12, 2015
  3. Metro apps are gray-ed out and crashes instantly

I recently did a system restore on windows 10 and all my metro apps were renamed to something like this: microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe so I decided to reinstall windows 10 by going back to windows 8.1 and reinstalling.

After reinstalling, my metro apps are grayed out when pinned and it instantly crashes when I try to launch. Windows store doesn't work either.

Need help reinstalling metro apps [​IMG]

Please help !!!

UPDATE: When I try to open a file with a metro app for eg. photos, it says 'The application cannot be started because it is currently updating.' When I create a new user, windows store and the metro apps works fine.

Kitty ♡‏, Dec 12, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Mansome,

I'm afraid that there's currently a bug in the latest Windows 10 that when you use the usual PowerShell command to reinstall and repair apps, it will delete the folder and break it instead now. Microsoft is working on it, but there's no fix yet.

Usually when this happens, it may take doing a repair install to fix them without losing anything. *Sad

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Brink, Dec 12, 2015
  5. Mansome Win User
    At least now this makes sense why some stuff didn't come back when I ran the powershell scripts. What I might do is wait for the next insider build and upgrade from that. Any news on if there are any builds on the way?

Mansome, Dec 13, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    There's a rumor one may be released on the 18th, but we shall see. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Need help reinstalling metro apps - Similar Threads - Need help reinstalling

2. Need help with reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with reinstalling windows: Hello,I am in dire need of help with reinstalling windows or wiping my drive. I dont know what I did but my windows features like start, settings, search ect. Stopped working. I have only access to the File Explorer and command prompt. I tried to reinstall and wipe my laptop...
  3. Need help with reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with reinstalling windows: Hello,I am in dire need of help with reinstalling windows or wiping my drive. I dont know what I did but my windows features like start, settings, search ect. Stopped working. I have only access to the File Explorer and command prompt. I tried to reinstall and wipe my laptop...
  4. Need help with reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Metro Apps not installed

Metro Apps not installed: Hi there, I used to have a problem where metro apps wouldn't open, so I did an in-place upgrade of Windows 10. After the upgrade finished, the metro apps just didn't exist, I couldn't find them via search or settings, and whenever I use the PowerShell commands it just says...
  6. [Need Help Fix] Metro Apps Keeps Closing Everytime I launch it

[Need Help Fix] Metro Apps Keeps Closing Everytime I launch it: So I just upgraded to windows 10 today, and I was exploring around discovering new things in Windows 10. But a few minutes later when I decided to open the calculator It closes instantly, Even the windows store I was searching for a fix, none of it worked. So please can...
  7. how can i reinstall all windows metro apps

how can i reinstall all windows metro apps: Ok so dont ask me how (long story) but i managed to corrupt all my windows modern apps and i cant use or uninstall them, the store showed that there installed and i cant redownload them or launch them. is there some way i can reinstall only all or one by one reinstall all...
  8. Way to uninstall Metro apps?

Way to uninstall Metro apps?: Is there some compilation batch file or something someone has made to uninstall every non-built in/"required" Metro app from Windows 10? Metro apps are not listed in add/remove programs which makes it difficult to find out which ones I can remove. Is there some other...
  9. Metro Apps Problem

Metro Apps Problem: I don't have Metro (Modern) Apps (Fresh Install). How do i get it? 35052
  10. Metro Apps after 1511

Metro Apps after 1511: Hey guys, long time reader fist post tho. i considere myself computer "able"! but i have this stupid problem since upgrading to windows 10. upgrade went fine although when i wanted to register a new user, this new user start menu wont even open. tried many times and did many...