Windows 10: Need help removing drivers from external HDD

Discus and support Need help removing drivers from external HDD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I’m helping a friend of mine with his laptop. He installed nvidia drivers which led to his screen going black after the post screen. I’ve gotten... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Drois, May 13, 2020.

1. /u/Drois Win User

Need help removing drivers from external HDD

So I’m helping a friend of mine with his laptop. He installed nvidia drivers which led to his screen going black after the post screen. I’ve gotten into safe mode but internet doesn’t want to work so I can log in.

I’ve resorted to taking the drive out and connecting it to my PC with an adapter. How can I remove the nvidia display drivers so the default ones will be in use when windows is loaded? I have access to the drive with windows explorer.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/Drois
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Drois, May 13, 2020

2. external HDD

Hi,

Usually, this problem occur due to software incompatibility or corrupted USB drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which driver did you uninstall? Have you reinstall the driver? If yes, how did you reinstall the driver?
    • Have you check if the external HDD is visible in Device Manager?

If the issue still persists after uninstalling some games, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. If you're using the latest Windows 10 version, follow these steps on how to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices and click
      Run the troubleshooter.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, May 13, 2020
  3. Quirky behaviour with external HDD

Since you have already checked Device Manager and did not see any errors, we suggest that you manually uninstall the device drivers for your external drives. Doing this will allow the system to install the driver for your external drive automatically and
    correct any error. You can follow the steps below to uninstall the device driver:

• Search for Device Manager via Cortana and hit the
      Enter key.
    • Go to View, and click Show hidden icons.
    • On the Device Manager, check under Universal Serial Bus Controllers (if the drive is connected via USB). The drive should appear as a USB Mass Storage Device.
    • Uninstall the USB Mass Storage Device listed in the Device Manager.
    • Restart your PC.
    • After restarting, allow the default USB Mass Storage Device drivers to be automatically downloaded by windows. Make sure that you are connected to the internet for this process to push through.
    • Reinstall all other drivers from the support website of your External drive.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, May 13, 2020
  4. Robfusc8 Win User

Quirky behaviour with external HDD

Hi,

In response to your questions

• Are all of the external drives from the same manufacturer?
    Yes, they are all Seagate SRDO0F1 of 500GB

• Have you attempted to restart the computer that could not read the external drive and also try to connect the external drive to a different port on the computer after testing the external drive on another computer?
    Yes to both, neither worked.

• Were there any recent changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    No. PC-B is not permanently connected to the 'net.

I have used to 'Device manager' to check if there is an identified driver problem - nothing is flagged - and I would not expect one HDD to work, and the other not to, if there was a driver problem

Robfusc8, May 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Need help removing drivers from external HDD - Similar Threads - Need help removing

2. External HDD not recognized-error code 43.... need to safely remove?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD not recognized-error code 43.... need to safely remove?!: Had to repost since my first question received only one reply and no followup, and now I have more details anyway. I have been searching this forum and found there's quite a bit of those with same or similar issues.My Windows 10 pc had went into partial sleep mode when my...
  3. External HDD not recognized-error code 43.... need to safely remove?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External HDD not recognized-error code 43.... need to safely remove?!: Had to repost since my first question received only one reply and no followup, and now I have more details anyway. I have been searching this forum and found there's quite a bit of those with same or similar issues.My Windows 10 pc had went into partial sleep mode when my...
  4. External HDD not recognized-error code 43.... need to safely remove?!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cannot move/copy folders from External HDD to External HDD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot move/copy folders from External HDD to External HDD.: [ATTACH] After starting the move/copy of the given folder, the explorer starts calculating but instead of starting the process, quickly completes (animates 0% to 100% complete) but the folder did not get moved or copied. Happens when trying to move/copy folders larger then...
  6. Cannot safely remove external HDD

Cannot safely remove external HDD: I am trying to remove my WD Passport, I am using Windows 10, but also fairly new to it. I am trying to eject it by using the option on the task bar, but get the error message: 'This device is currently in use. Close any programs or Windows that might be using the device and...
  7. [Help] Windows on external HDD

[Help] Windows on external HDD: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Snorpii [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ftk7ko/help_windows_on_external_hdd/
  8. BSOD when copying files from external HDD to external HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when copying files from external HDD to external HDD: Long story short, I've purchased a 5TB WD Mypassport USB C HDD to replace my 4tb wd my passport and I'm usding syncback to copy over about 2.8TB of backups and what not Twice now I've had it crash while running. I've come back to it and found it has restarted. found the...
  9. External HDD needs format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD needs format: Hello to all. Havent been here for a long time between the windows system has improved a lot over the past tear. To my latest problem i was given an external hdd but it has two sections as per image how do i get this to a full working drive please. Many thanks [img] 146402
  10. External HDD needs format

in Windows 10 Support
    External HDD needs format: Hello to all. Havent been here for a long time between the windows system has improved a lot over the past tear. To my latest problem i was given an external hdd but it has two sections as per image how do i get this to a full working drive please. Many thanks [img] 146402