Windows 10: Need help repairing my desktop

Discus and support Need help repairing my desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NO504Saint [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eez6xo/need_help_repairing_my_desktop/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NO504Saint, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Need help repairing my desktop

/u/NO504Saint, Dec 24, 2019

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Dec 24, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Need help repairing my desktop

HELP! Windows 10 automatic repair couldn't repair PC. Details below

Hi Matthew,

As you are facing issue withAutomatic Repair, we would assist you for sure.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• I tried system restore” What is the error exact error message you received?

If automatic repair fails, you may try to repair them using these commands through Command Prompt under Advanced Options. Follow the steps:

Since you have done most of the troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to try repairing the Boot Configuration Data through the command prompt by following the steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.

• bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Need help repairing my desktop

1. Need help repairing my desktop - Similar Threads - Need help repairing

2. Need help with Online Repair with CBS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with Online Repair with CBS: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log file...
  3. Need help with Online Repair with CBS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with Online Repair with CBS: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log file...
  4. Need help with Online Repair with CBS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. need help on desktop wallpaper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help on desktop wallpaper: When i click a random photo in my laptop , instead of popping up photo app or any other app for viewing that picture, the photo itself become my desktop wallpaper.For couple of months i have been facing such issues....
  6. cybercriminal infested my computer - need help to repair

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cybercriminal infested my computer - need help to repair: smartredirect.de of adgoal.de infested my computer in 100s of files, making it almost unusable on internet. I found this by searching for redirect.de using FileLocator. I added NO REDIRECT to Firefox and adgoal.de with numbers to HOSTS in Win10. Then clear cache, history....
  7. Need help with Windows repair

Need help with Windows repair: I had some missing dlls and corrupted system files according to the system scan I ran in command promt and the restore command I used kept getting stuck at 84% every time so I downloaded a Windows 10 iso from the official website to make a Windows repair. But the problem is I...
  8. I need help with my desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help with my desktop.: Ok, I am going to need help fixing my desktop from Microsoft. Please help me. I am a YouTuber who recently got a display or component upgrade thanks to the Windows Insider Programme. My XSplit Broadcaster didn't work, so I uninstalled it and I got Aposoft Recorder....
  9. Need help with automatic repair...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with automatic repair...: So I’m on windows 8.1 and have the automatic repair issue. I wouldn’t be posting here, since the ways to resolve it are self explanatory but it requires my password and I don’t have it. I also don’t remember my email either that was used to create the account (if I did use...
  10. Need help repairing Windows 10

Need help repairing Windows 10: Ever since I upgraded my computer (Samsung SF310 laptop with Intel Core I5 processor and 4 GB RAM, originally came with Windows 7 Home) to Windows 10 something went wrong, seems like something is corrupted. Tried to run sfc / scannow, after 19% the message was: "Windows...