Windows 10: Need help reseting pc but to install windows on a new upgraded m.2 ssd.

Discus and support Need help reseting pc but to install windows on a new upgraded m.2 ssd. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As the subject says, I just got a new SSD drive which is much bigger and faster than my current one. I want to reset my pc but also to have windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JNJ_, Mar 24, 2022.

1. JNJ_ Win User

Need help reseting pc but to install windows on a new upgraded m.2 ssd.

As the subject says, I just got a new SSD drive which is much bigger and faster than my current one. I want to reset my pc but also to have windows installed on my new drive. I have seen a lot of things but just can't seem to find something that is not super complex or expensive. Idk if this is needed but the new drive I got is a 1TB Samsung 980 ProThanks for your time and help.

:)

2. bobkn Win User

Issue with upgrading to m.2 NVME, Help?

I've done what "ignatzsonic" has done, multiple times.

Image the existing SSD to another drive, which could be the internal HD or an external one. Use the imaging software to create a bootable USB rescue drive. Swap SSDs. Boot from the USB rescue drive, and restore the image to the new SSD. Use Disk Management to resize the main partition if the new SSD is larger than the old, and the imaging software didn't already do that.

Is the laptop in question the ASUS FX553VD? A little Web search suggests that it supports NVME M.2 SSDs, but I wish that I was certain. It worries me slightly that Crucial doesn't list any M.2 NVME SSD upgrades for it.

bobkn, Mar 24, 2022
  3. Issue with upgrading to m.2 NVME, Help?

Yeah it's funny. The Laptop model is FX553VD but the important part is that my motherboard is a GL553VD model which is compatible with NVME SSD's.
    So I managed to install my new SSD successfully by installing windows from scratch. My Laptop is faster now so all my doubts too have been cleared.

citrusflavour01, Mar 24, 2022
  4. Need help reseting pc but to install windows on a new upgraded m.2 ssd.

A new win install on a HDD messed up my win install on my m.2 SSD

Need help reseting pc but to install windows on a new upgraded m.2 ssd. [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I do think that is my problem, but I couldn't find a way to remedy it. Sorry for the screenshot being in Hungarian, if you need I can translate it. And don't mind the 500 MB partition, I tried to do a fix from a similar thread which suggested creating it, but later steps didn't prove successful.

giorgioblues, Mar 24, 2022
Thema:

Need help reseting pc but to install windows on a new upgraded m.2 ssd.

1. Need help reseting pc but to install windows on a new upgraded m.2 ssd. - Similar Threads - Need help reseting

2. Bought new M.2 SSD, PC will not boot while it's installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought new M.2 SSD, PC will not boot while it's installed: Some time ago I bought a pre-built PC make is PowerSpec. It came with an SSD already installed, but the motherboard an ASRock B450 Pro4 has one additional slot for an M.2 SSD it has an "Ultra M.2" sticker on it if that means anything. Today I bought another SSD to increase...
  3. Bought new M.2 SSD, PC will not boot while it's installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bought new M.2 SSD, PC will not boot while it's installed: Some time ago I bought a pre-built PC make is PowerSpec. It came with an SSD already installed, but the motherboard an ASRock B450 Pro4 has one additional slot for an M.2 SSD it has an "Ultra M.2" sticker on it if that means anything. Today I bought another SSD to increase...
  4. Need help reseting pc but to install windows on a new upgraded m.2 ssd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help reseting pc but to install windows on a new upgraded m.2 ssd.: As the subject says, I just got a new SSD drive which is much bigger and faster than my current one. I want to reset my pc but also to have windows installed on my new drive. I have seen a lot of things but just can't seem to find something that is not super complex or...
  5. Need help reseting pc but to install windows on a new upgraded m.2 ssd.

Need help reseting pc but to install windows on a new upgraded m.2 ssd.: As the subject says, I just got a new SSD drive which is much bigger and faster than my current one. I want to reset my pc but also to have windows installed on my new drive. I have seen a lot of things but just can't seem to find something that is not super complex or...
  6. M.2 ssd upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M.2 ssd upgrade: Hi, Im new to the world of ssd and pc upgrades today im going to install an m.2 nvme ssd to my laptop and keep my old hard drive so my question is if i unplug the hard drive put in the m.2 nvme ssd install windows on it and then plug the hard drive again do i lose any data of...
  7. M.2 ssd upgrade

M.2 ssd upgrade: Hi, Im new to the world of ssd and pc upgrades today im going to install an m.2 nvme ssd to my laptop and keep my old hard drive so my question is if i unplug the hard drive put in the m.2 nvme ssd install windows on it and then plug the hard drive again do i lose any data of...
  8. M.2 ssd upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows 10 install on new m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 install on new m.2 ssd: Hi, i already have licensed windows 10 on hdd, so i just bought a new m.2 ssd to improve the performance. The question is if i do a clean install of windows on the ssd using the usb drive, what will happen to the windows on the hdd? Can i enter the same key or do i have to...
  10. Upgrading hdd to M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading hdd to M.2 SSD: I got a new m.2 drive for Christmas and ive been trying to set it up so that my new SSD drive will replace my old hdd. I partitioned and cloned the new drive and it works well with HDD. However when I take the hdd drive out and turn my computer back on it brings up support...