Windows 10: Need Help Resetting PC After Several Failed Attempts

Discus and support Need Help Resetting PC After Several Failed Attempts in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'm posting a 2nd message and request for help if possible. For the past few days, I've been having trouble resetting my PC. I'll do my best to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Silverfox1965, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Need Help Resetting PC After Several Failed Attempts

Hello, I'm posting a 2nd message and request for help if possible. For the past few days, I've been having trouble resetting my PC. I'll do my best to summarize what's happened so far. 3 days ago - my first attempt at resetting my PC. Dell, desktop, Windows 10. The process took at least 12 hours, so I decided to sleep and when I woke up my screen was blank, and I was unable to proceed. It seems that during the time I fell asleep, my PC was asking to delete some "TMI" files ??? I didn't get a chance to click "OK" or decline to delete any files, so I restarted my PC again using the met

:)

Silverfox1965, Aug 31, 2021
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 31, 2021
  3. Reset PC Failed (Please Help)

Hello BrandonAnderson5,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

Since Reset failed, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Aug 31, 2021
  4. Need Help Resetting PC After Several Failed Attempts

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Aug 31, 2021
Thema:

Need Help Resetting PC After Several Failed Attempts

1. Need Help Resetting PC After Several Failed Attempts - Similar Threads - Need Help Resetting

2. OneDrive keeps restarting and then fails to sign in after several resets.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive keeps restarting and then fails to sign in after several resets.: OneDrive keeps restarting and then fails to sign in after several resets. Over 200,000 items sync and then at 533 it just reboots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-keeps-restarting-and-then-fails-to-sign/fa0c49aa-8e8c-42dd-a11d-cab11162c295
  3. OneDrive keeps restarting and then fails to sign in after several resets.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive keeps restarting and then fails to sign in after several resets.: OneDrive keeps restarting and then fails to sign in after several resets. Over 200,000 items sync and then at 533 it just reboots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-keeps-restarting-and-then-fails-to-sign/fa0c49aa-8e8c-42dd-a11d-cab11162c295
  4. Need help resetting pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help resetting pc: My computer connects to my keyboard and makes noise like it's in the login screen but it can't seem to connect to my monitor after my recent driver installation. I need a way to roll it back or factory reset it I'll do anything to get it working again....
  5. help needed resetting pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    help needed resetting pc: I tried resetting my pc today because its performance dropped for unknown reasons (i have an i7 7700k and a gtx 1070 ti so the performance shouldnt be the problem) and so i tried resetting and i have done it before due to the same reasons and it always worked perfectly fine....
  6. Need help with failed reset loop

Need help with failed reset loop: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AzulBlaze42 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpnpib/need_help_with_failed_reset_loop/
  7. Need help with resetting PC

Need help with resetting PC: I can't do anything to reset my PC. I've tried going back to a restore point, and I was met with an error about my files being corrupted. I tried running sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt, and I got an error that the Windows Resource Protection could not perform the...
  8. Need help with pc reset after update

Need help with pc reset after update: Last night there was a windows update so I clicked “update and shutdown”. This morning I turn on my pc but it just showed a black screen with the circle loading icon. I turned my pc on and off 3 times to get to diagnostics mode and I reset my pc but kept all the files. Now my...
  9. Resetting my pc (help needed)

Resetting my pc (help needed): Hello all, basically I’ve looked up pc resetting and what each feature does. I’m just a little confused on when it says reset pc and keep personal files, what are these personal files. Are those files like my progress and cosmetic items in steam or origin let’s say. Also...
  10. Reset PC Failed (Please Help)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset PC Failed (Please Help): I tried resetting windows because it was only recognizing 7 of the 8 cores in my pc. I used a USB Drive to make a restore point, start the reset and wake up to a message that said "Reset failed, no changes were made". When i try and start my PC now it says there is no...