Windows 10: Need Help Resetting PC using Only Keyboard While Screen is Completely Black

Discus and support Need Help Resetting PC using Only Keyboard While Screen is Completely Black in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone,I hope you're all doing well. I recently encountered a problem with my PC, and I'm hoping to get some assistance from this community.By... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KONGEN-_-, Feb 27, 2024.

1. KONGEN-_- Win User

Need Help Resetting PC using Only Keyboard While Screen is Completely Black

Hello everyone,I hope you're all doing well. I recently encountered a problem with my PC, and I'm hoping to get some assistance from this community.By mistake, I deleted a significant number of programs and files on my PC. As a result, my computer froze, and I had to force shut it down by holding down the power button. Upon restarting, my screen remains completely black, despite hearing the familiar startup sounds through my speakers. After hearing the startup sound, I attempt to enter my login password without visual confirmation, presuming that I've reached the desktop. Then, I try to naviga

:)

KONGEN-_-, Feb 27, 2024

2. Black screen after trying to reset back to factory settings. (Windows 10)

Hi Simen,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with black screen issue on Windows 10 . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or display driver is corrupt.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "reset my computer back to factory settings", are you referring that you have tried to perform rolling back to previous Operating System or performed Reset of Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see Windows 10 logo when you switch on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting on black screen related issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshooting black or blank screens in Windows - Microsoft Support

Please get back to us with an update on black screen issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Nextbook nxw10qc32g will not complete reset. Help!!!!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• On a working PC, go to the Microsoft software download website
      and create Windows 10 installation media.
    • Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Keep my Files.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 27, 2024
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

1. Need Help Resetting PC using Only Keyboard While Screen is Completely Black - Similar Threads - Need Help Resetting

2. Need Help Resetting PC using Only Keyboard While Screen is Completely Black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Resetting PC using Only Keyboard While Screen is Completely Black: Hello everyone,I hope you're all doing well. I recently encountered a problem with my PC, and I'm hoping to get some assistance from this community.By mistake, I deleted a significant number of programs and files on my PC. As a result, my computer froze, and I had to force...
  3. My pc is stuck in black screen while reseting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is stuck in black screen while reseting.: I decided to reset my computer by clicking on the option 'remove files and clean the drive windows 10'the "getting a few things ready" blue box reached 100%, and after that the computer went into a black screen. It has been that way for over 5 hours now. What should i do?...
  4. My pc is stuck in black screen while reseting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is stuck in black screen while reseting.: I decided to reset my computer by clicking on the option 'remove files and clean the drive windows 10'the "getting a few things ready" blue box reached 100%, and after that the computer went into a black screen. It has been that way for over 5 hours now. What should i do?...
  5. My pc is stuck in black screen while reseting.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. How to show complete keyboard on reset this pc screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to show complete keyboard on reset this pc screen: Hi,I got the following error:"The instruction at 0x00007FFBC421A14C referenced memory at 0x0000000000000018. The memory could not read.Click on OK to terminate the program"Tried to reset pc, but laptop is not recognizing the keyboard to enter recovery key id. How do I make...
  7. How to show complete keyboard on reset this pc screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to show complete keyboard on reset this pc screen: Hi,I got the following error:"The instruction at 0x00007FFBC421A14C referenced memory at 0x0000000000000018. The memory could not read.Click on OK to terminate the program"Tried to reset pc, but laptop is not recognizing the keyboard to enter recovery key id. How do I make...
  8. Black screen of death while using PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen of death while using PC: Hi, I've been using an MSI GL-63 laptop for a bit now - a year ago the hard drive was replaced due to the manufacturing one being defective by a tech repair person, but since then everything's been fine until now. Recently the past 4 days, while browsing or doing something...
  9. pc reset black screen help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc reset black screen help: so my pc was becoming slow so i reset my pc with no files or apps on it so it was resetting and a error came up your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart so i held the power button down and turned it back on and is was done but when i sighed in my background was black...
  10. PC screen completely black

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC screen completely black: Hello. My windows 10 PC’s screen is completely black and doesn’t react to key sequences. It is as if it was off. Is there any way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-screen-completely-black/c1e9b5da-895d-418a-afd4-4ddd4a3b3858