Windows 10: Need help resetting the laptop

Discus and support Need help resetting the laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need help reseting my windows 10 hp laptop,howe very I can't due to low storage space, I've attempted other methods such as using Windows installers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by XShozaX, Jan 13, 2019.

1. XShozaX Win User

Need help resetting the laptop

I need help reseting my windows 10 hp laptop,howe very I can't due to low storage space, I've attempted other methods such as using Windows installers off the website to no avail, only to have my laptop not even bothering to open or run anything I download.

Can someone please provide ideas?

:)

XShozaX, Jan 13, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jan 13, 2019
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Clem Win User

Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Thema:

1. Need help resetting the laptop - Similar Threads - Need help resetting

2. Help with Laptop Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Laptop Reset: Please help. I have a Asus VivoBook with Window 11. Lost all credentials; PIN, Windows Account Password, BitTorrent Key etc. I previously had 2 step verification with 1 that required Authenticator App no longer have. Completed Recovery form multiple times and same outcome....
  3. I really need help resetting a laptop, please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I really need help resetting a laptop, please help: As stated in the title, I really need help resetting a laptop.I do not have the password as my sister has forgotten it so I am aware I need to completely reset the computer from the windows home page.I have held down Shift and pressed restart to bring up troubleshooting and...
  4. I really need help resetting a laptop, please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I really need help resetting a laptop, please help: As stated in the title, I really need help resetting a laptop.I do not have the password as my sister has forgotten it so I am aware I need to completely reset the computer from the windows home page.I have held down Shift and pressed restart to bring up troubleshooting and...
  5. I really need help resetting a laptop, please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Need help with reset laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help with reset laptop: Recently, my laptop went on the fritz. Apps would close while I was using them, taskbars kept opening up, my keyboard would type random sequences of numbers and letters or not type at all, my mouse was slow to respond and files would start copying themselves. I couldn't run a...
  7. Old School Laptop - Need help to factory reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old School Laptop - Need help to factory reset.: So I've got an old school laptop and I'm trying to figure out how to factory reset it. It's still connected to the schools domain and I can't factory reset from settings without admin password and username, which I can't get (whatsoever). How do I factory reset this...
  8. Need Help With Reset

Need Help With Reset: My pc has been acting up so I have decided to reset. I have about 30gb worth of data I want to keep in a folder, how do I reset and remove everything but that one folder without using an external drive? submitted by /u/CreepsGamer_ [link] [comments]...
  9. Need help with resetting my laptop

Need help with resetting my laptop: I have previously reset my laptop twice from the option in the windows settings without using a recovery drive at all, I have just gone to reset windows a third time and all of a sudden it said "windows could not find the recovery environment" "insert your windows...
  10. need help resetting hp gaming laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    need help resetting hp gaming laptop: Ive just purchased a second hand laptop, which lm having issues with. the person did reset the system but his account is still on it, l did add my own.. but lm not an admin and his account requires a password. now l did use the F11 recovery menu and specifically said "clean...