Windows 10: Need help resetting Windows 10 to factory default-full refresh

Discus and support Need help resetting Windows 10 to factory default-full refresh in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Simply put, I have an older Fujitsu T902 Tablet PC with Windows 10 Pro. I have turned off Bitlocker. I'm trying to "Reset the PC" and "Remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CabanaChives, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Need help resetting Windows 10 to factory default-full refresh

Simply put, I have an older Fujitsu T902 Tablet PC with Windows 10 Pro. I have turned off Bitlocker. I'm trying to "Reset the PC" and "Remove Everything" while completely cleaning the drive during data erasure so I can resell or donate the computer. I do not want to simply remove the files but a deep data deletion. I've tried both, the simple clean and the deep clean, so to speak. The simple clean completes with no problem but the deep data erasure clean always stops and gets stuck at 45% and will never complete. When I manually restart it after it locks up and loops every time, it says it could not delete all of my personal files and to try again. Trust me, I've tried more times than I want to count and it never changes. I need help fully resetting my hard drive or even formatting it at this point so I can sell/donate it. The built in Windows 10 Reset Your PC does not work on "deep cleaning mode" on my PC. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

:)

CabanaChives, Jul 31, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Megahertz Win User
    Questions about doing a reset to my OEM Win 10

Navy, does Restore "Restore Factory Settings" keeps the users data?
    Shawn gave me this link Refresh Windows 10
    It's almost the same as Reset.

Naknir, witch one of the following did you use:

- - - Updated - - -

My suggestion:
    - Save all your data on an external disk
    - Reboot and enter BIOS. It should have a option to Factory Restore.

Megahertz, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Need help resetting Windows 10 to factory default-full refresh

HP Laptop Windows 10 reset to factory default

Hi,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer this question to get more clarity on this issue:

• How are you trying to reset your pc to factory setting?

As you have a laptop, ensure that the laptop is not running on battery and the power cable is plugged in to the socket.

Let us follow the steps suggested by “Babu V” in the following thread that speaks about a possible solution for the related issue:

Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”: Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Need help resetting Windows 10 to factory default-full refresh

1. Need help resetting Windows 10 to factory default-full refresh - Similar Threads - Need help resetting

2. i need help factory resetting windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help factory resetting windows: i need help with factory resetting windows 11 laptop, when i try to factory reset it it gives me an error when i try to what can i do??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-factory-resetting-windows/7eab709d-3b4f-443b-a2a4-567214524a11
  3. i need help factory resetting windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need help factory resetting windows: i need help with factory resetting windows 11 laptop, when i try to factory reset it it gives me an error when i try to what can i do??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-factory-resetting-windows/7eab709d-3b4f-443b-a2a4-567214524a11
  4. Need help with factory reset of a used windows 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with factory reset of a used windows 10 PC.: I picked up a used Windows 10 PC, however, there are two accounts on it that are password protected. I do not want to log in to these accounts, I want to delete them and factory reset windows. And as an added bonus difficulty to everything, the dang thing is all in German....
  5. Windows 10 factory reset help

Windows 10 factory reset help: My computer has been running very slow for some time now so I decided to do a factory reset with the keep my files option. I just wanted to know, if there's any chance of data loss? submitted by /u/batmov [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 resetting to factory default - frozen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 resetting to factory default - frozen: Hello, i had to reset my computer back to factory default due to it previously being my work computer and now im using it for personal use. I have done everything correctly, it said it cleaned up my computer 100%, and now its frozen, it just shows the Dell logo on my screen....
  7. Need help resetting pc to factory

Need help resetting pc to factory: I’m selling it and it says couldn’t reset nothing was changed no error code submitted by /u/imnotafuckboidrip [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkmg3p/need_help_resetting_pc_to_factory/
  8. Resetting Windows 10 to factory settings, need help with Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting Windows 10 to factory settings, need help with Windows 7: Hello, I previously made a thread detailing my dual booting between Windows 7 and Windows 10 on my HP laptop. This has served me very well for the last 3 years, with Windows 7 performing as expected (this was the OS I have been using). However, Windows 10 is not as...
  9. Need help to factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help to factory reset: Hi my laptop today for some random reason crashed. When i try to turn it back on it constantly gives me the blue screen error message. When i try to factory reset it, it gives me a message saying not enough storage space. I've tried every single reset option none of them...
  10. Resetting computer to factory defaults with Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting computer to factory defaults with Windows 10: My computer came with no disks. It is so slow and wont let me do what I need to do and I want to reset it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/resetting-computer-to-factory-defaults-with/97b156be-ae08-4bf4-a744-a3cd0ec43e93