Windows 10: Need help resolving permission and ownership issues

Discus and support Need help resolving permission and ownership issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I created a topic on this but the person helping me has stopped responding and no one has gotten back to me. I really need help with this as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnalogChaos, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Need help resolving permission and ownership issues

Hi,

I created a topic on this but the person helping me has stopped responding and no one has gotten back to me. I really need help with this as it is preventing me from being able to do things that I need with my stystem.

Original topic

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/took-ownership-but-cannot-make-changes-to/7eed2eb9-2843-414b-805d-2e940a19cfa8?messageId=153af0cb-cfce-40b4-b023-c9b0278f9dc4&page=1

If someone couple please help I would really appreciate it.

:)

AnalogChaos, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Need help resolving permission and ownership issues

1. Need help resolving permission and ownership issues - Similar Threads - Need help resolving

2. need help resolving driver issues to turn on memory integrity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    need help resolving driver issues to turn on memory integrity: Hi hello all, it shows that " igdkmd64.sys " is installed twice , i went to system32/drivers and it only shows it there once. .i didnt have this problem last week. it has just arisen after a clean install. ?any help would be great as i am trying to enable Memory integrity....
  3. Ownership issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ownership issues: Hi there, I recently had to change ownership of a few files in order to get access to the preview build of Microsoft so that I can download some program to use and analyse data. Anyways, after this, it was getting too difficult and so I did a different method to get the...
  4. Need help resolving issue with SFC showing corrupt file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need help resolving issue with SFC showing corrupt file: I have recently updated Windows 10 through windows update and when I did this, my sound stopped working. After much researching I finally established through SFC /SCANNOW that I had a corrupt copy of audiodg.exe. I managed to resolve this by uninstalling that update...
  5. File Ownership, and Permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Ownership, and Permissions: So, I've thoroughly messed up some files on my pc somehow, as I have what appears to be "Full Control" and "Ownership" of the files. The problem however is that even though these things seem to be true, I'm still met with a message suggesting I need permission from a...
  6. Help I need permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help I need permission: Hi there everyone, I'm hoping I can find some help here I've really exhausted all my resources around me. So my problem is with file sharing. I got a second computer to put in my sound booth for recording and am trying to locally setup a shared folder between it and my main...
  7. 2 issues I need to resolve.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 issues I need to resolve.: 1. I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 using the free upgrade a while back. my pc crashed , i restored it and have been stuck with windows 7 again.. BUT my bios still says its using windows 10.. How do i get back to using windows 10? 2. I want to upgrade my HD to an SSD,...
  8. Need Security (Policy) modification help or tips to resolve issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Security (Policy) modification help or tips to resolve issue.: Windows Ver 1903 (OS Build 18362.657) Hi - Hopefully someone with expertise in the Security Policies settings might provide me with some assistance. I am using a digitizer USB HID device on Win 10 that will enumerate itself successfully upon plugging it into a USB port....
  9. Need Help With Windows Permissions Control Issues

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need Help With Windows Permissions Control Issues: Okay, so long story short my dad worked for a company and had a company laptop. He is now retired from said company. He had personal files on that computer which he backed-up to an external hard drive. Now when you access the external hard drive from his new computer,...
  10. Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...

in Windows 10 Support
    Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...: running out of ideas, just can't seem to gain full control of folders or files in the windowsapps folder, i can delete files and folders but i can't rename files or folders or edit file content... for example when i try to edit a file name i get: "you require permission...