Windows 10: Need help restoring Documents/My Games Folder

Discus and support Need help restoring Documents/My Games Folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So when I got my computer it started uploading everything to Onedrive which pissed me off and I deleted everything from there thinking it'd just,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shaletto, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Need help restoring Documents/My Games Folder

So when I got my computer it started uploading everything to Onedrive which pissed me off and I deleted everything from there thinking it'd just, y'know, clear Onedrive. Instead I've lost everything in my Documents folder and got no idea what to do, I need the My Games folder to edit config files in games but it's no longer a thing so shit ain't saving. Not in the recyling bin and reinstalling Steam games ain't fixing it.

submitted by /u/Shaletto
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shaletto, Sep 18, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 18, 2020
  4. marinro Win User

Need help restoring Documents/My Games Folder

Folder Freeze when trying to click on a Word Document. HELP

Hi there,

I came across a very weird bug/issue.

Use Case

Step 1: Create a word document on Desktop and name it TestFreeze

Step 2: Test that you can open the word document and write something like 'Testing freeze folder' ->save it

Step 3: Create a folder on Desktop and name it FreezeMe

Step 4: Copy 'TestFreeze' document in the 'FreezeMe' folder

Step 5: Open the 'FreezeMe' folder and select/click 'TestFreeze' document

Result: Folder Not Responding

Additional Information

I have run some tests and it does not matter:

• if it is a new or old Microsoft word file
    • if the document has content in it or not
    • if it has a long/short name or special characters
    • it does not matter the folder or the name of the folder in which you put the file in
    I also tried with an excel file and seems that I do not experience the same issue.

Microsoft version: 16.0.9330.2073

Windows version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134 with all updates up to date

If there is anything else I can provide to help sort this out, please do let me know.

Opened to any suggestions on how to fix this, as it is very frustrating.

Thanks

marinro, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Need help restoring Documents/My Games Folder

1. Need help restoring Documents/My Games Folder - Similar Threads - Need help restoring

2. Default document folder restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default document folder restore: I want to restore the default document folder on my windows 11. After I removed one drive my documents folder disapeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-document-folder-restore/130672cf-ecd7-4edb-8aac-8334343d79ba
  3. Default document folder restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default document folder restore: I want to restore the default document folder on my windows 11. After I removed one drive my documents folder disapeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-document-folder-restore/130672cf-ecd7-4edb-8aac-8334343d79ba
  4. I need help with my documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need help with my documents folder: I recently ran out of room on my C drive so I moved my documents folder to my E drive where there's more room. Windows made a copy of the folder and so I deleted the original in C drive which made windows also delete the documents folder in E drive that I had just created. I...
  5. I need help with my documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my documents folder: I recently ran out of room on my C drive so I moved my documents folder to my E drive where there's more room. Windows made a copy of the folder and so I deleted the original in C drive which made windows also delete the documents folder in E drive that I had just created. I...
  6. I need help with my documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I’m desperate, I need help restoring a folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m desperate, I need help restoring a folder: I’m sorry, I’m really desperate, I need help restoring a folder... Hi... Windows updated last night and when I start my PC this morning, my desktop was all messed up, so I decided to look for the folders and shortcuts missing and put them back. Turns out it was a temporary...
  8. My games in documents folder

My games in documents folder: Hi can somebody help me please. I've just recently purchased a new games computer, but I have one small problem, the main C drive is a 128 GB ssd card. I need to somehow redirect my games in documents folder to the larger hard drive. I have loaded farming simulation 19 and...
  9. need help to Restore my PC

need help to Restore my PC: Hi, PC hard disk is just 32G but useable space looks like only 27.8 GB. I uninstalled everything that I had installed and what ever I felt can be deleted, Deleted all. but still it shows free space of 4 GB and if I try to do system reset it asks to free up 2 Gb of more...
  10. Restoring my Documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring my Documents folder: Hello, I was just in the process of moving my Documents Library from my C drive to my D drive when I made a mistake: In the Properties window, under the location tab, I meant to create the new location D:\Documents, but instead I just left it as D:\ Now my D drive...