Windows 10: Need help restoring my old windows 10

Discus and support Need help restoring my old windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. So this is going to be a little long story. So i had a dell Inspiron laptop n5110 with windows 7 home basic preinstalled. Last year i upgraded my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PriyaSharma2, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Need help restoring my old windows 10

Hi. So this is going to be a little long story.

So i had a dell Inspiron laptop n5110 with windows 7 home basic preinstalled. Last year i upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10 home. Everything was running fine. I had also linked my laptop with my microsoft account. Recently i found my system lagging and thought of upgrading to ssd from hdd. I went to a laptop repair shop to get an ssd installed. The repair person installed the ssd on main drive and hdd in dvd drive using caddy and installed windows 10 pro instead of home. The version of windows 10 pro installed was from 2015. I was unaware of the fact that it was pro and signed in using same microsoft account. Now when i was trying to update to latest version of windows 10 it was not updating. I performed a clean install of windows 10 but it did not ask which version i wanted and automatically installed the pro version with the 2016 update. When i tried to update to 2019 version it was not updating. I came to know that the repair person used some sort of activator and installed a pirated version of windows 10 pro. I want to have my genuine windows 10 home but i do not the product key since i got the base of my laptop changed resulting in loss of sticker provided by microsoft which had the product key. I dont know what to do. Kindly help me sort this out and help me get my original windows 10 home.

:)

PriyaSharma2, Jun 16, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Need help restoring my old windows 10 [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 16, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 16, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Need help restoring my old windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Need help restoring my old windows 10

1. Need help restoring my old windows 10 - Similar Threads - Need help restoring

2. Need help restoring windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help restoring windows 11: Greetings,I am seeking assistance with a recent issue I have encountered. I mistakenly installed Windows 10 on my Windows 11 laptop and, regrettably, I am unable to locate my product key. Consequently, I am confronted with limitations in installing applications, as I am...
  3. Need help restoring windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help restoring windows 11: Greetings,I am seeking assistance with a recent issue I have encountered. I mistakenly installed Windows 10 on my Windows 11 laptop and, regrettably, I am unable to locate my product key. Consequently, I am confronted with limitations in installing applications, as I am...
  4. Need help restoring windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I need help for restoring the old version of File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help for restoring the old version of File Explorer.: This is the worst update they made for the File Explorer. The latest Update 23H2 killed the drag and drop in File Explorer's Address Bar.I'm one of those people who drags and drop files through the address bar as part of my work. That feature is very useful and necessary for...
  6. I need help for restoring the old version of File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help for restoring the old version of File Explorer.: This is the worst update they made for the File Explorer. The latest Update 23H2 killed the drag and drop in File Explorer's Address Bar.I'm one of those people who drags and drop files through the address bar as part of my work. That feature is very useful and necessary for...
  7. Help restoring old files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help restoring old files: My computer recently broke and I had to do a complete windows 10 reinstall. If possible, how can I get all my old files back if I didn't back them up onto an external drive? I've looked into my windows.old file and it seems like my files are there, but everything I find on...
  8. need help to Restore my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need help to Restore my PC: Hi, PC hard disk is just 32G but useable space looks like only 27.8 GB. I uninstalled everything that I had installed and what ever I felt can be deleted, Deleted all. but still it shows free space of 4 GB and if I try to do system reset it asks to free up 2 Gb of more...
  9. need help restoring windows 10 operating software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need help restoring windows 10 operating software: i accidentally clicked on secure erase on my hp laptop in the boot options when i meant to take off startup password and now my laptop wont startup it says plz install a operating system disk, plz help me i dont know what to do...
  10. i need help with my old computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i need help with my old computer: ok, so its a windows 10 local computer and i have forgotten the password, its really old but i got it to start i have a microsoft account computer that im using right now. so i cant make a reset password disk for my old computer, can anyone help? or tell me how to make one?...