Windows 10: Need Help Restoring the Thumbnail View of My Art Program's Files

Discus and support Need Help Restoring the Thumbnail View of My Art Program's Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, thanks in advance for any help you can provide! Let me begin by saying I've had this same problem plaguing me since Build 1703. You see,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Britani Mc., Sep 4, 2019.

1. Need Help Restoring the Thumbnail View of My Art Program's Files

Hi everyone, thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Let me begin by saying I've had this same problem plaguing me since Build 1703. You see, I'm an illustrator and when I have multiple versions of an image I've drawn (e.g. drawing1a, drawing1b) saved from my art program —in this case, Clip Studio Paint— it really helps to be able to see the thumbnail images in Windows File Explorer.

Up to and including Build 1607, I was able to freely see these thumbnail images (i.e. a miniature version of the picture I'm working on) with a tiny icon of the program's logo appearing in the corner. (SEE SCREENSHOT BELOW | from computer running 1607)

Need Help Restoring the Thumbnail View of My Art Program's Files 627a7343-76fa-4fff-bdef-1604e79f634a?upload=true.png

However —and this is a BIG however— once the Anniversary Update (Build 1607) was replaced by 1703, the ability of File Explorer to display Clip Studio Paints thumbnail images was severely compromised and I could only see them if I had just Saved the image; but then this too would soon disappear and ONLY a large version of CSP's logo remained in its place. AND IT HAS BEEN THIS WAY EVER SINCE.

-See Screenshot below (same folder & images) on computer running 1903-

Need Help Restoring the Thumbnail View of My Art Program's Files 23ac7c88-eb19-4f1b-a58f-53cb91bbb97c?upload=true.png

I've been hoping ever since —with every new Windows update— that this issue might be resolved and the ability File Explorer had previously would be finally restored. But, nope; thus far, it hasn't happened. At one point, I needed the CSP thumbnails so badly I even reinstalled Build 1607 over the then-current Build - this eventually ended up "killing" my Surface Book because Windows insisted on updating to 1803 and when I rolled it back all the content from OneDrive doubled on my hard drive and crashed it. R.I.P Surface Book...

Receiving and downloading Build 1903 is what prompted me to finally post my issue here, in hopes someone out there has a solution. Is there a Plug-In available, a .dll file, or some RegEdit command I can input that will solve this problem?? After all, I'm only asking for a former ability to be restored, not for something new to be created.

I REALLY hope someone out there can aid me! Please HELP this poor illustrator. I can't remember the names of every variation I create in my artwork and being able to see the difference in the Thumbnails really does helps me!

THANK YOU EVERYONE ^_^

:)

Britani Mc., Sep 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Need Help Restoring the Thumbnail View of My Art Program's Files

Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Need Help Restoring the Thumbnail View of My Art Program's Files

1. Need Help Restoring the Thumbnail View of My Art Program's Files - Similar Threads - Need Help Restoring

2. I need help restoring my Thumbnail View for my .csp files!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help restoring my Thumbnail View for my .csp files!: So, a while back I updated to Windows 11 when it first became available because someone told me "what's the harm" and I have had a plethora of problems since--most recently I have grown frustrated with my thumbnail view being gone when in my file folder because good lord I am...
  3. I need help restoring my Thumbnail View for my .csp files!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help restoring my Thumbnail View for my .csp files!: So, a while back I updated to Windows 11 when it first became available because someone told me "what's the harm" and I have had a plethora of problems since--most recently I have grown frustrated with my thumbnail view being gone when in my file folder because good lord I am...
  4. Thumbnail View

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnail View: What happened to Thumbnail view of Office 365 documents in Windows 10? All my thumbnails have disappeared except for pictures and videos. This is very annoying! How do I get them all back?...
  5. How Can I Restore Thumbnails After Changing Photo Viewing Programs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How Can I Restore Thumbnails After Changing Photo Viewing Programs?: A friend of mine uses CorelDRAW x7 as his photo viewer, and he downloaded the CorelDRAW 2020 free trial to see if it was worth upgrading. After he removed the 2020 program, Windows still tries to use *it* to generate thumbnails and fails, then just puts the program icon in...
  6. View and convert AOL ART files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    View and convert AOL ART files in Windows 10: Is there a way to view and convert old AOL ART files in Windows 10? Other than installing AOL itself? I have tried the latest version of ACDSEE Ultimate and it can not open the file from a DVD backup. Unless there is a way that I not found yet. Thanks...
  7. view thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    view thumbnails: Good day I have tried all the usual fixes for this problem clicking the check marks in view , making sure I am in lg or ex lg view. still only can get the photo app icon to view. this is in all my photo folders Peter...
  8. Album Art and Folder View Issue...

in Windows 10 Support
    Album Art and Folder View Issue...: Very weird issue, where the sub-folder and mp3's show there respective album art, but for some reason the primary folders are not. So I have primary folders for each band and inside is a folder for each album of that band, the mp3's show album art and so do each album...
  9. Does Win10 display small embedded art thumbnails for mp3 files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Win10 display small embedded art thumbnails for mp3 files?: For some reason the embedded art only appears with these views: Extra large icons Large icons Medium icons Tiles Content With the other views, a small icon of the default player is displayed. Is it possible for explorer to display small embedded art fot these other...
  10. Audio/Video downloads creating separate thumbnail/art files

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio/Video downloads creating separate thumbnail/art files: Hi. I am trying to figure out whenever I download a video or music, separate album art or video art/thumbnail files are created. Instead of normally being imbedded in the whole folder/file itself, it is separating them. Even the ini.file is separated and shows on my...